Votes: 113 34.8%
  • Long Island

Votes: 7 2.2%
  • Dual-Boroughs

Votes: 3 0.9%
  • Etihad Island

Votes: 5 1.5%

• Total voters
Here's hoping the club ponies up the cash and gets this 153rd street stadium done ASAP. It literally makes my stomach ache to think about not having a stadium.

Does anyone get the feeling that they notice these Westchester season tickets and think that gives them an excuse to go to Yonkers?

Nope. I think the club is 100% committed to being inside the 5 boroughs. They might make a greater effort to outreach to Westchester for fan engagement purposes though.

Just a tidbit about the suggested Bronx stadium from Ruben Diaz Jr in an interview about the Bronx the other day.
It struck me that he basically told everyone what the Bronx politicos and at a guess De Blasio administration want to see before they OK a deal

"On the soccer stadium as a whole, I'll say this: I'm not there yet. That said, I am open-minded. As I said in my State of the Borough address, with a good community-benefits agreement, with proper community engagement, I think we can get to a place where folks understand the economic benefits of the stadium. But those benefits have to be real and be felt. It can't just benefit the royal family of Abu Dhabi [who co-owns the franchise] or the Yankees"

http://www.crainsnewyork.com/article/20140425/POLITICS/140429902

To me it sounds very much like a "Make it worth something for us.." statement which of course is standard in any proposal such as this but it´s actually encouraging I think.

Just a tidbit about the suggested Bronx stadium from Ruben Diaz Jr in an interview about the Bronx the other day.
It struck me that he basically told everyone what the Bronx politicos and at a guess De Blasio administration want to see before they OK a deal

"On the soccer stadium as a whole, I'll say this: I'm not there yet. That said, I am open-minded. As I said in my State of the Borough address, with a good community-benefits agreement, with proper community engagement, I think we can get to a place where folks understand the economic benefits of the stadium. But those benefits have to be real and be felt. It can't just benefit the royal family of Abu Dhabi [who co-owns the franchise] or the Yankees"

http://www.crainsnewyork.com/article/20140425/POLITICS/140429902

To me it sounds very much like a "Make it worth something for us.." statement which of course is standard in any proposal such as this but it´s actually encouraging I think.
Nothing at all surprising about that, and quite honestly the way it has to be and the way it should be.

In the long run I don't think that is going to be a stumbling block at all. Please feel free to correct me if I'm in error, but IIRC, NYCFC pledged millions (yes millions) towards soccer fields and other amenities for Flushing Meadows Park when Queens was still a possibility. If that were the case, why wouldn't the organization make the same promises to the area around Yankee Stadium?

Ask all the bars, restaurants and other merchants in the neighborhood if they think having a stadium in the neighborhood would be beneficial or not. ;)

Atlanta isn't a sports town. They don't fill stadiums for anything. Seattle sells out for football and soccer. It's just part of what they do out there apparently. Orlando still hasn't officially set any ground breaking and they expect to be open for game one of 2016. If a stadium deal gets done, we can get in there for 2016 too... 2017 isn't a problem if the stadium is being constructed. Two seasons without a deal will be a major issue going forward.

In a week and a half Atlanta has season ticket deposits for 9092 tickets. Sure some people will back out but also people who requested 2 will buy 4 instead. When 2017 arrives Atlanta SC will have to cap their season tickets at 24k if they still have the 29k soccer configuration in the new stadium.

So much naivete here. Guys, bone up on the ULURP process, because that's what you will be dealing with. I want to deal with something Gene said, "ask the bars, restaurants, merchants whether they favor another stadium". Yeah, ask them, they don't. Because they've been SCREWED by the Yankees since all the services one would need while visiting is inside the stadium. It's the equivalent of the all inclusive resort landing in a poverty stricken Caribbean Island. Local merchants hate Yankee stadium because they make no money from it. Local restaurants and bars make a hell of a lot more money from the nearby courts.

Ruben Diaz Jr. just cast a huge pall over the stadium project, and you guys don't even realize it. He was more enthusiastic a year and a half ago, it's going in the wrong direction. And at any rate, the Borough President's views on this are relatively unimportant. The key player for you guys is Melissa Mark Viverito, the local councilwoman who also happens to be the City Council Speaker. She is so against it that it's not even worth mentioning for her. and if she's against it, it never makes it to the Mayor's desk. You all have a far better chance in northeast bronx, if that's the borough you want it in.

Seriously, google "ULURP", and you will start to understand how far fetched and far off all of this is.

And you guys ain't gonna get to the promised land by making excuses for Randy Levine. Have you met with him yet?

So much naivete here. Guys, bone up on the ULURP process, because that's what you will be dealing with. I want to deal with something Gene said, "ask the bars, restaurants, merchants whether they favor another stadium". Yeah, ask them, they don't. Because they've been SCREWED by the Yankees since all the services one would need while visiting is inside the stadium. It's the equivalent of the all inclusive resort landing in a poverty stricken Caribbean Island. Local merchants hate Yankee stadium because they make no money from it. Local restaurants and bars make a hell of a lot more money from the nearby courts.

Ruben Diaz Jr. just cast a huge pall over the stadium project, and you guys don't even realize it. He was more enthusiastic a year and a half ago, it's going in the wrong direction. And at any rate, the Borough President's views on this are relatively unimportant. The key player for you guys is Melissa Mark Viverito, the local councilwoman who also happens to be the City Council Speaker. She is so against it that it's not even worth mentioning for her. and if she's against it, it never makes it to the Mayor's desk. You all have a far better chance in northeast bronx, if that's the borough you want it in.

Seriously, google "ULURP", and you will start to understand how far fetched and far off all of this is.

And you guys ain't gonna get to the promised land by making excuses for Randy Levine. Have you met with him yet?
http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopi...ar_Yankee_stadium-New_York_City_New_York.html
because no one goes to the bar after the game

Hey look, its our favorite forum member Leo Glickman. Here to burst our bubble again?

Hey Leo, glad to see you're doing well! Jeez, for a guy who couldn't care less about NYCFC you sure do post a lot here and on FB. Were you part of that amazing crowd out at Hofstra last night? How many were there? 400? 500?