Votes: 113 34.8%
  • Long Island

Votes: 7 2.2%
  • Dual-Boroughs

Votes: 3 0.9%
  • Etihad Island

Votes: 5 1.5%

• Total voters
Borough leaders of Queens and Bronx have a food bet on about where NYCFC stadium ends up. I actually find that pretty encouraging...

The whole "3 years" speculation seems to be folks figuring how long it would take to build a stadium if a deal is hammered out in the next 6 months.

What I'll be interested in is how this ends up affecting NYCFC's schedule. My guess is that it means a home-heavy March along with a bunch of double game weeks (with NYCFC taking advantage of a NYY road trip by playing on Wednesday and Saturday before having to switch the field back.

I remember that Ruben Diaz Jr said last summer that he might get an approval for a stadium in the Bronx in about 12-15 months, he´s close to De Blasio but I wonder if he´s this close :cool:

But yeah, I expect to hear something this summer at least even if it´s just the 2nd town hall meeting in the Bronx coming up.
Having looked at quotes from the guys involved I think De Blasio saying that he wanted to see popular support for a stadium rhymes well with Soriano stating that "we will not go anywhere where we are not welcome" for instance.
In other words, I don´t think the parties involved are that far from each other and that in the end it will boil down to hard cash.

They're basing their story entirely off comments by Randy Levine, but he himself admits - and they quote him saying - that that is just his opinion and others disagree. If the Yankees had control of the franchise it seems that the club would be in Westchester, but Soriank has always been adamant that the club must be in the city, and I think it's fairly clear from his submissive tone that he knows that Soriano has overruled him but he's just keeping his options open in case Soriano changes his mind (which he won't).

Wonder why they don´t add the rest of what he said? :rolleyes:

That isn’t to say Levine doesn’t believe a New York City soccer stadium is achievable. In fact, he scoffed when it was suggested that building a stadium within the five boroughs was difficult, pointing at the Yankees’ own success as an example to the contrary.
I am very confident that we will be able to get a premier stadium done within New York City. If we can’t, then, there is a team,” he said. “Eventually, it will get a new stadium. There is going to be one somewhere.”

The one advantage, Levine suggests, is time.

“The practicality of it, it takes time to make a new stadium deal, to go through the processes, but we don’t have any time limit on this,” he said. “[Yankee Stadium] is going to be the home of New York City Football Club until there is another home.

I almost can't disagree more.

Miami is a slam dunk. They're going to build a beautiful stadium in a beautiful city that people all over the world will want to go to. The only hang up is whether Beckham will build it right where he wants it or settle for another location.

Atlanta is a sweet deal, too, I think. Its a 1.2 billion dollar stadium being designed with soccer in mind. It will allow that club to grow into the stadium. Who knows? A few years down the line they might be selling the place out like Seattle.

Finally, NYCFC won't have a stadium before 2017. Even if they can reach an agreement with the city in the next 6 months. That said, I'm still pretty confident NYCFC will reach an agreement before the end of the first season. They didn't say it but I'm sure the belief in this YS arrangement is that NYCFC will leave by the end of those 3 years.

Atlanta isn't a sports town. They don't fill stadiums for anything. Seattle sells out for football and soccer. It's just part of what they do out there apparently. Orlando still hasn't officially set any ground breaking and they expect to be open for game one of 2016. If a stadium deal gets done, we can get in there for 2016 too... 2017 isn't a problem if the stadium is being constructed. Two seasons without a deal will be a major issue going forward.

If you follow the Yankees and are familiar with Levine, you are used to this type of drivel. He can't help injecting his own personal snark at every chance he gets. His cocksure attitude is up front at every interview, press conference, or public appearance and it irritates the hell out of me.
I'm glad his is not the final word in Yankee/NYCFC land.

Considering I'm somewhat aware of Yankees reputation for outspoken officials pleased to hear that seems to be the case with Levine. Certainly its made me wonder whether it could lead to problems down the line as it isn't the style of anyone working for NYCFC. We know by reputation that Kreis isn't a liar so his words solidify a city location as far as I'm concerned.

They should build it in Yonkers on the water, on the border with the Bronx. They can have the front gates of the stadium in Bronx proper to satisfy the "C" portion of NYC, but work out a deal with Yonkers and Westchester County who would bend over backwards to have them. Build a stadium with similar views to the stadium in Chester, PA.

Reactions: Trone
They should build it in Yonkers on the water, on the border with the Bronx. They can have the front gates of the stadium in Bronx proper to satisfy the "C" portion of NYC, but work out a deal with Yonkers and Westchester County who would bend over backwards to have them. Build a stadium with similar views to the stadium in Chester, PA.
building any part of the game stadium outside of the NYC boundry would be shit.

Reactions: Buckley
Every time I see the soccer fields at pier 5, I die a little on the inside.

The irony that there are soccer fields at that location with that view.... Its good for the people but....

extralarge.jpg

php5OTubAAM-thumb-640xauto-761871.jpeg