Votes: 113 34.8%
  • Long Island

Votes: 7 2.2%
  • Dual-Boroughs

Votes: 3 0.9%
  • Etihad Island

Votes: 5 1.5%

• Total voters
I'm not a NY native, but all the stories I've read about the location of the stadium have said that they want to replace the parking lots because they've been a commercial disaster and they aren't used by far enough to actually make a profit so the company that owns them is tanking hard. I can't compete with people who say they actually park there and see them full, but I've read that story from so many places that should know their stuff (the NY Times for example) that I can only conclude that there's no smoke without fire. Are you sure it's definitely the same parking lot you park in? It sounds like there's a few different ones around that area, and some get used more than others?

You're right, the company that owns the garages is a mess, but they are a few garages there. The one I use seems to always be full, so I guess if they remove one of them to build the stadium, it would solve the financial issues of the garage company.

I thought a couple of the parking garages were entering bankruptcy. If not, close to it.

Someone mentioned above, very astutely, that there will be a financial component to building the stadium on one of the parking sites. If you can bail out the bondholders some on those garages, it's a win for them

Something that has not been mentioned above is that if the CFG use the blueprint of the Etihad (Man City) the owners have shown great social responsibility in the planning of the stadium.
Ok the actual stadium was built by the City of Manchester prior to the arrival of The ADUG.
But since then the ADUG and subsequently the CFG have worked WITH the City council, upgrading the local area, adding much needed facilities and creating jobs.
One of the projects was the tram line (similar to railway) to the Etihad, and access route upgrades.
They are also involved in building social housing etc etc.
I am sure that the same ethos will carry into New York, and you will have the stadium built in a regeneration area, with the club working with the City to ensure that the community is taken care of in the project, and subsequently take pride in the facility.

I'm still hoping that the stadium gets built in Queens. There is a huge empty piece of land in College Point that could fit a stadium and parking. No subway stop, but you can take the 7 to Main St. and take a bus. Super easy to get to by car.

stadium-land.jpg
As much I would love this since I could walk there I'm not sure it's the best place for a stadium, yes the highway is right there as well as the Q25, Q20a, Q76 it still feels a bit out of the way mass transit wise. Also I think they have that land slated for something else

As much I would love this since I could walk there I'm not sure it's the best place for a stadium, yes the highway is right there as well as the Q25, Q20a, Q76 it still feels a bit out of the way mass transit wise. Also I think they have that land slated for something else
agreed, the location really should have subway access otherwise what is the point, this location is the same as Yonkers

“We're having really good meetings with the city, continuing to make sure we find the right place, the right location that makes sense for all parties involved,” Reyna said. “That continues. We're having very positive discussions with the city.”

From the official MLS web page.

if theres no mass transit RIGHT THERE it won't work....nobody is going to want to take a train THEN a bus to the stadium

I agree that the subway needs to be right by the stadium, but I think you're wrong is stating that no one will go to games if it's not right there. The train is a mile away from RB stadium, and they average 19k+ attendance. I'd rather have a stadium in NYC and not have a subway stop right there, then have a stadium outside of NYC.

Back