• Long Island

Votes: 7 2.2%
  • Dual-Boroughs

Votes: 3 0.9%
  • Etihad Island

Votes: 5 1.5%

• Total voters
Last edited:
They would need to buy out Toyota. Not worth it.
Bridgeview did not get the promised development around the stadium and is in alot of debt. I believe the village loses millions of dollars every year on the stadium. Buyout might be in the best interest of both parties.

Reactions: Paul and Kjbert
Bridgeview did not get the promised development around the stadium and is in alot of debt. I believe the village loses millions of dollars every year on the stadium. Buyout might be in the best interest of both parties.
Yes but will Amazon make enough money back? I'm not really sure how much the buyout is so I'm not sure.

Have we discussed desired stadium atmosphere at all in this 539-page thread? I'm trying to brainstorm how we can make it feel unique.

Any thoughts on an arena-style atmosphere? Atlanta has a little bit of this with their giant roof and video board, but imagine it with steep grade seating.

I'm thinking steep grade seating, a safe-standing supporters wall behind one goal, a giant video board, and lots of lighting and upbeat music. Maybe a heavy, low roof to keep sound and atmosphere in.

I loved when they run lights around the banner displays at Yankee Stadium during goals. Turn that up to 11. And be willing to turn on and off the main lights and use spotlights for pregame and goal celebrations.

The actual result will likely be a lot more middle-of-the-road, but I hope it's unique in some regard.

THIS is what I'm talking about:

New stadium in Perth, AUS.

EDIT: Another video

Reactions: Kjbert and adam
I feel like I broke the thread :( Hopefully the site got some traction from it at least.... Hopefully I can give the full story at some point.

I also heard about land near Atlantic center - are there any options there?

I feel like I broke the thread :( Hopefully the site got some traction from it at least.... Hopefully I can give the full story at some point.

I also heard about land near Atlantic center - are there any options there?
Atlantic Yards??? That’s interesting.

Considering Rattner has *never* followed through with the amount of built structures that was in his original plan, there’s probably a fair amount of unused space. No idea if it’s enough for the 10acres the stadium would need.

Just checked- if the two blocks from Atlantic/Dean bounded by Vanderbilt/Carlton are used, with Pacific closed off, then it’s 9.5acres. Granted, this is Googles map and I don’t know when it was last updated, so maybe some building has started on those blocks that’d torpedo a clean slate for a stadium?

Edit- all for naught since Joe pointed out there’s a big building on the corner that doesn’t show on Googles outdated maps

Last edited:
Atlantic Yards??? That’s interesting.

Considering Rattner has *never* followed through with the amount of built structures that was in his original plan, there’s probably a fair amount of unused space. No idea if it’s enough for the 10acres the stadium would need.

Just checked- if the two blocks from Atlantic/Dean bounded by Vanderbilt/Carlton are used, with Pacific closed off, then it’s 9.5acres. Granted, this is Googles map and I don’t know when it was last updated, so maybe some building has started on those blocks that’d torpedo a clean slate for a stadium?

With the way Brooklyn got burned on that site in the recent past, I would guess this is a nonstarter.

With the way Brooklyn got burned on that site in the recent past, I would guess this is a nonstarter.
Brooklyn got burned, but the damage is done. Those displaced aren’t coming back unless it’s to the below-rate housing Rattner is supposed to build that isn’t happening for a decade or more. I’m not even sure there’s a timetable any longer - it was the biggest smash/grab con game that the city agreed to.

Reactions: adam
Brooklyn got burned, but the damage is done. Those displaced aren’t coming back unless it’s to the below-rate housing Rattner is supposed to build that isn’t happening for a decade or more. I’m not even sure there’s a timetable any longer - it was the biggest smash/grab con game that the city agreed to.

But flatbush Avenue is so nice to walk and shop at these days...

That would be awesome, but there are giant apartment buildings there now

But flatbush Avenue is so nice to walk and shop at these days...
Flatbush between Atlantic and Prospect Park is nice!

Atlantic Ave east of Flatbush is pretty damn sketchy, although it’s trending up albeit with the epicenter of car washes lining the street. A stadium a block from Barclays would make a ton of sense with Atlantic Yards being a massive subway/rail hub. Cars would have a bit of a commute from the BQE and Metro North folks would have the Subway ride down from a Grand Central. NJ is, well, a hike. Since I’m anticipating moving to westchester in the next two years, this isn’t my first choice, but it would be a pretty sweat location for the city population- just about any subway runs near it, either directly or with a minimal walk.

Edit: never mind - joe joe just superseded Google Maps.

Reactions: adam