Votes: 113 34.8%
  • Long Island

Votes: 7 2.2%
  • Dual-Boroughs

Votes: 3 0.9%
  • Etihad Island

Votes: 5 1.5%

• Total voters
Flatbush between Atlantic and Prospect Park is nice!

Atlantic Ave east of Flatbush is pretty damn sketchy, although it’s trending up albeit with the epicenter of car washes lining the street. A stadium a block from Barclays would make a ton of sense with Atlantic Yards being a massive subway/rail hub. Cars would have a bit of a commute from the BQE and Metro North folks would have the Subway ride down from a Grand Central. NJ is, well, a hike. Since I’m anticipating moving to westchester in the next two years, this isn’t my first choice, but it would be a pretty sweat location for the city population- just about any subway runs near it, either directly or with a minimal walk.

Edit: never mind - joe joe just superseded Google Maps.

An did it would be a nice extra boost to ft Greene, clinton Hill; which is already seeing RE prices soaring.

If I'm understanding your description. West of Vanderbilt, between Pacific and Dean? https://550vanderbilt.com/

It's across the street from Woodwork, which would have been great in terms of a soccer stadium
Yeah, that’s the edge of the block I was referring to. Damn you google, damn you.

(Would love to be wrong, Atlantic Yards would be the best possible outcome for me)
Atlantic Yards is a non-starter for anyone who would rely on driving. An absolute shitshow getting to and from, starting from Bronx/Westchester/most of Queens.

Reactions: CatNYC and Kjbert
They could possibly make more money on the concerts/events than they would the soccer. See Barclays Center choosing concerts/events over the Islanders guaranteeing 41+ days a year as a case study.
You have no idea what you are talking about, whatsoever. The Barclays Center is bleeding money. They are almost, if not already, bankrupt. No one will buy the arena. It's a huge money pit operating with insane amounts of debt.

You have no idea what you are talking about, whatsoever. The Barclays Center is bleeding money. They are almost, if not already, bankrupt. No one will buy the arena. It's a huge money pit operating with insane amounts of debt.
From what I heard it's the Nets that were losing money but Barclays was making it. That's why Prokhorov made them two separate assets when selling the team.

Yeah, what do I know? I mean Bloomberg said it’s “one of the world’s top grossing concert venues”. The post article below that says that the arena would make more money hosting events than the Islanders. That’s pretty much exactly what I said in my post. But whatever.

Also, I NEVER once said anything about the Barclays current financial state. And there doesn’t seem to be any articles about it either. You have some inside info you want to share? Or an article to link to? Got facts? Enlighten me.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...clays-center-said-to-be-dumping-the-islanders

https://www.google.com/amp/nypost.com/2017/01/30/barclays-center-wants-islanders-gone/amp/

Atlantic Yards is a non-starter for anyone who would rely on driving. An absolute shitshow getting to and from, starting from Bronx/Westchester/most of Queens.

I wouldn't drive all the way there, but you certainly can get in walking distance without too much pain. Not great by any means, but not sure I'd say non-starter, especially from Queens.

Reactions: adam
I went to the NJRB match last night and spent a few mins actually looking at RBA as a stadium... it reminds me a lot of yankee stadium with much smaller concourses, which is not great. There’s concrete facades everywhere, cafeteria food options, and overall just a blah feeling stadium. If and when we build one, hopefully we don’t just shoot for crap like that.

I wouldn't drive all the way there, but you certainly can get in walking distance without too much pain. Not great by any means, but not sure I'd say non-starter, especially from Queens.
Getting from Bronx/Westchester to the Barclays Center is a freaking nightmare any day of the week at any time other than early morning/late at night.

Reactions: JayH
Getting from Bronx/Westchester to the Barclays Center is a freaking nightmare any day of the week at any time other than early morning/late at night.

Eh - taking the BQE and maybe not getting off at Flatbush - it's not that bad except during rush hour. The roads are terrible, but it's not always bad.

I went to the NJRB match last night and spent a few mins actually looking at RBA as a stadium... it reminds me a lot of yankee stadium with much smaller concourses, which is not great. There’s concrete facades everywhere, cafeteria food options, and overall just a blah feeling stadium. If and when we build one, hopefully we don’t just shoot for crap like that.

I would love for crap like that. I'm hopeful it will be much better, but there is not a bad seat in the stadium for soccer if you ask me. The concourse is way too small - but I don't need a lot of flourishes personally. I'm there to watch the game and if you ask me, it's very good for that.

If we're going to copy a stadium I have to go with Hard Rock. When I was there I sat in the nosebleeds in a fucking corner and nothing in Yankee Stadium compares.