Votes: 113 34.8%
  • Long Island

Votes: 7 2.2%
  • Dual-Boroughs

Votes: 3 0.9%
  • Etihad Island

Votes: 5 1.5%

• Total voters
i dont know exact area where this amazon thing is supposed to be but was there even an area big enough for stadium in LIC?
nah, doubt it. Office buildings have the luxury of building vertically on a small footprint. Don't see why they would be in competition with us unless they split a plot of land from a barely suitable plot we could have used. But my understanding is they are taking the waterfront around 11th street basin and/or temporarily moving into the Citi building, which might cause them to look inland. I doubt very much we could fit a stadium in any of those places.

It would be nice if Amazon deciding to move to LIC brings some cachet to Queens and has the team seriously consider moving there as well. I mean with amazon coming the discussion will be heavily on infrastructure to support all the new jobs/housing, which would also be a concern for the stadium. If deals are made to improve public transport in the area it might spur some discuss about considering Queens. Easier for the city to spend to fix transit in one borough than two!

Reactions: adam
nah, doubt it. Office buildings have the luxury of building vertically on a small footprint. Don't see why they would be in competition with us unless they split a plot of land from a barely suitable plot we could have used. But my understanding is they are taking the waterfront around 11th street basin and/or temporarily moving into the Citi building, which might cause them to look inland. I doubt very much we could fit a stadium in any of those places.

It would be nice if Amazon deciding to move to LIC brings some cachet to Queens and has the team seriously consider moving there as well. I mean with amazon coming the discussion will be heavily on infrastructure to support all the new jobs/housing, which would also be a concern for the stadium. If deals are made to improve public transport in the area it might spur some discuss about considering Queens. Easier for the city to spend to fix transit in one borough than two!

damn, goodbye to the queens i knew. its gonna be the super hip place now ( although it was already getting there in LIC/ Astoria for sure)

Last edited:
Reactions: Kjbert

Remember that stadium spanning the river between Brooklyn and Queens that had 4 towers one at every corner......

Pipe dream but a pretty dream for a Villa Field at the Amazon stadium.

It can go one of two ways, IMO:

Option A - CFG try to get into bed with Amazon to develop the area even further, create even more affordable housing, etc. and everyone loves the plan because it'll create a new urban hot spot in Queens (With the HQ/stadium will come bars, restaurants, etc.)

or

Option B - The city only gives Amazon a small piece of land in which to build on, says stick to this and these are the areas where the adorable housing goes and calls it a day. This option i highly doubt will have any effect on NYCFC stadium efforts.
Is there a possibility that since the garage spot and the LIC spot were both in play for Amazon, people had to wait for the Amazon deal to land before some amount of process got kicked off with the garage?

Reactions: COLINMOUTH
Is there a possibility that since the garage spot and the LIC spot were both in play for Amazon, people had to wait for the Amazon deal to land before some amount of process got kicked off with the garage?
My assumption would be no. Everything I read always listed LIC for Amazon, but never saw mention of the Bronx. Could be wrong though. My hope is CFG tries to go to bed with Amazon on this as I feel that with Amazon's backing, the city would be afraid to tell them no. But I doubt we get Amazon Stadium anytime soon.

FWIW, Tony mentioned that he and his wife were in focus groups for the stadium. He was part of the club/supporter one that many board members were invited to, and his wife (supposedly) did a completely different business-related, non-fan focus group.
I did one of these groups about 3 years ago now. They don't really discuss much outside of what fans want. It's more of an appeasement than a real focus group. But things change so who knows.

Reactions: Christopher Jee
My assumption would be no. Everything I read always listed LIC for Amazon, but never saw mention of the Bronx. Could be wrong though. My hope is CFG tries to go to bed with Amazon on this as I feel that with Amazon's backing, the city would be afraid to tell them no. But I doubt we get Amazon Stadium anytime soon.

Cuomo + Bezos + Sheikh Mansour

Reactions: Kjbert and Korker
Cuomo + Bezos + Sheikh Mansour

Alexa Stadium presented by Andrew Cuomo opening 2021.

"Alexa, set reminder for opening of stadium in 2021."
"Set reminder for opening of stadium in 3043."
"Wait....what?"

giphy.gif

In all seriousness, isn't Etihad ending the sponsorship soon, or did I dream that. I can see Amazon being a replacement sponsor.

In all seriousness, isn't Etihad ending the sponsorship soon, or did I dream that. I can see Amazon being a replacement sponsor.
Doubtful since they sponsor Melbourne as well. Pretty sure someone in CFG owns them or a stake in them so i doubt they will drop as a sponsor anytime soon.