Votes: 113 34.8%
  • Long Island

Votes: 7 2.2%
  • Dual-Boroughs

Votes: 3 0.9%
  • Etihad Island

Votes: 5 1.5%

• Total voters
I see packed buses every single day....I think it is not a stretch of the imagination.

ARRRGGH! You see packed buses because you live in a godforsaken, rapid transit-less part of the city. I see packed buses in Manhattan every day too. And you know who is packing them? Other people who live in godforsaken rapid transit-less parts of the city, but work in Manhattan.

I think everyone is missing an important thing to consider at Aqueduct. Better tailgating.
Maybe if we were in alabama i would say thats a good idea. But were in ny, ive never seen a tailgate or want to particupatevin one. Go to the bar to drink, npt your car

I'm in Queens village. 7 miles from Aqueduct. Over an Hour by public transportation! They might put a stadium there but it is one of the most inconvenient places in the five boroughs to get to. And the Belt parkway/ Van Wyck are world famous nightmares.

Maybe if we were in alabama i would say thats a good idea. But were in ny, ive never seen a tailgate or want to particupatevin one. Go to the bar to drink, npt your car
Do you even go to sporting events then? With the exception of Yankee Stadium. I have gone to tailgates at every sporting event I have gone to as an adult.

Reactions: Section1Guy
Do you even go to sporting events then? With the exception of Yankee Stadium. I have gone to tailgates at every sporting event I have gone to as an adult.
ive been to Yankee games, Met games, and Rays games down in Florida. Not once have i seen tailgate.

If you haven't seen it then it obviously doesn't exist.
i understand it exists, i just dont like the idea of it in NY. in the bronx, theres no room for one. in Citi Field, im pretty sure most people take the subway to the game. in Florida yes people drive but stadium parking is 30$ and people would rather park farther away for free.

In a football game in ALabama vs Auburn, go ahead, tailgate all you want. More pick up trucks are down there than other types of cars.

People tailgate 5 hours before kickoff at MetLife for Jets and Giants games. I don't have a problem with it, but I don't think you're allowed to drink in the Yankees parking garages

Reactions: Kjbert
i understand it exists, i just dont like the idea of it in NY. in the bronx, theres no room for one. in Citi Field, im pretty sure most people take the subway to the game. .
I prtsonally can vouch for tailgates at Citi. Have attended dozens of them there. It beat every pregame bar I have ever been to. You have never been? Sorry that you have been so deprived of that in your life.

ARRRGGH! You see packed buses because you live in a godforsaken, rapid transit-less part of the city. I see packed buses in Manhattan every day too. And you know who is packing them? Other people who live in godforsaken rapid transit-less parts of the city, but work in Manhattan.
Dude, I live in Brooklyn right by the F,N & Q....come out to Brooklyn, ride the B3, q35, B4 or any other bus. Have a nice day....I have lived in Brooklyn for 10 years and the buses are ALWAYS packed door to door.

You can tailgate in most YS lots. I've seen it countless times.

And this argument over what area is better is ridiculous and pointless. This city is gigantic, some areas will be better suited for others. If it's in the Bronx you lose out those in far out Queens and Long Island, if it's in Queens you lost those in Connecticut and far out NJ.

I live in Staten Island and it takes me a long time to get to places. I deal with it just like many of you will if you care enough to go to games. If I want to go to Yankee Stadium, for instance, I have to either drive to the ferry (15 minutes), take the 25 minute ride, then take a 35-40 minute train ride. And that's only exacerbated by traffic. And let's not forget if you miss the ferry you just added another 30 minutes to your commute. OR I can take the express bus to Manhattan and then the train. The absolute shortest amount of time that takes is an hour and that's only on Sundays generally. It is what it is.

Scouse, I am sorry your sports spectator life has sucked so miserably, but here are the advantages of a tailgate:
-Drink your own beer at liquor store prices and get one whenever you want.
-Have some breathing room instead of being elbow to elbow in a packed bar around Yankee Stadium
- Cook up your own food, how you like it and at your own convenience.
-Be able to have a conversation with your friends.
- Chance to kick around a soccer ball a bit or toss a football around.
-Play your own music from your car.

Just to name a few. Granted, I will often be at the bars but on a nice day i'll be outside having a great time.

The only reason I used to go to Revolution games towards the end was because the tailgating was still a great time. In fact, the club was so bad that the only reason many of the supporters were still showing up was because they had such a good time pre and post game. They ended up building a bunch of bars and restaurants around the stadium, but the tailgating lots are still packed every game.

Reactions: City-Nole
You can tailgate in most YS lots. I've seen it countless times.

And this argument over what area is better is ridiculous and pointless. This city is gigantic, some areas will be better suited for others. If it's in the Bronx you lose out those in far out Queens and Long Island, if it's in Queens you lost those in Connecticut and far out NJ.

I live in Staten Island and it takes me a long time to get to places. I deal with it just like many of you will if you care enough to go to games. If I want to go to Yankee Stadium, for instance, I have to either drive to the ferry (15 minutes), take the 25 minute ride, then take a 35-40 minute train ride. And that's only exacerbated by traffic. And let's not forget if you miss the ferry you just added another 30 minutes to your commute. OR I can take the express bus to Manhattan and then the train. The absolute shortest amount of time that takes is an hour and that's only on Sundays generally. It is what it is.
On the nosey! And because I'm the type of idiot that keeps track of such things, public transit it actually faster back to Staten Island from Yankee Stadium. Not to mention it's only 5 bucks with the Metro Card and you're saving a lot by not having to pay those outrageous tolls and gas.

And that $5.50 for those 25oz Fosters Oil Cans on the ferry is a must have!

Reactions: Tiger Jones
On the nosey! And because I'm the type of idiot that keeps track of such things, public transit it actually faster back to Staten Island from Yankee Stadium. Not to mention it's only 5 bucks with the Metro Card and you're saving a lot by not having to pay those outrageous tolls and gas.

And that $5.50 for those 25oz Fosters Oil Cans on the ferry is a must have!

Yeah, it's really not too bad. And ferry beers are the absolute best.

I forgot to mention in my above comment that I've been a Yankee plan holder for over 10 years so it's not an isolated thing (going to YS).

i understand it exists, i just dont like the idea of it in NY. in the bronx, theres no room for one. in Citi Field, im pretty sure most people take the subway to the game. in Florida yes people drive but stadium parking is 30$ and people would rather park farther away for free.

In a football game in ALabama vs Auburn, go ahead, tailgate all you want. More pick up trucks are down there than other types of cars.

I see people tailgating at CitiField all the time. They are there hours before the game begins, they even bring BBQs and grill. You can even see it from the Grand Central.