Votes: 113 34.8%
  • Long Island

Votes: 7 2.2%
  • Dual-Boroughs

Votes: 3 0.9%
  • Etihad Island

Votes: 5 1.5%

• Total voters
Can someone find the over/under guesses from a few years back of what page we all guessed they‘d make an announcement by?

Reactions: Kjbert
Revs fans right now
Wait Goodbye GIF by Silicon Valley

You'd think something would have to come out prior to the announcement. If they're going to do something with CFG / NYCFC officials and state / local leaders, I would also expect the club would want supporters there.

I would also assume at some point before the announcement, it will be reported in a major publication. I'm sure the Times or Post is sniffing around.

Page 100 sort of went by unnoticed
Page 200 saw a prediction of a stadium opened by 2020
Page 250 included a discussion of someone claiming to have news he couldn't share and a suggestion that the person who started page 250 should get a prize
Page 300 we discussed designs - lol
Page 400 we mostly discussed that it was page 400
Page 500 we celebrated post 10,000 until NYCFC_Dan told us the post count was wrong, so then we noticed it was page 500 and discussed empanadas
Page 600 we compared ourselves favorably to New England and Columbus, who were then losing the Crew
Page 700 we argued over which lot needed to be demolished to build our stadium and also best places to park
Page 750 discussed a site where Gun Hill Road meets the New England Thruway - yeah I don't remember that either. But Seth did a RBA overlay
Page 800 saw GAL site triumphalism and plaintive hopes from adam adam about Queens
Page 900 someone asked if we would get an announcement by page 1,000
Page 1,000 was mostly about Page 1,000 - SoupInNYC was first

And that children, is how stadiums are made.

Last edited:
Page 100 sort of went by unnoticed
Page 200 saw a prediction of a stadium opened by 2020
Page 250 included a discussion of someone claiming to have news he couldn't share and a suggestion that the person who started page 250 should get a prize
Page 300 we discussed designs - lol
Page 400 we mostly discussed that it was page 400
Page 500 we celebrated post 10,000 until NYCFC_Dan told us the post count was wrong, so then we noticed it was page 500 and discussed empanadas
Page 600 we compared ourselves favorably to New England and Columbus, who were then losing the Crew
Page 700 we argued over which lot needed to be demolished to build our stadium and also best places to park
Page 750 discussed a site where Gun Hill Road meets the New England Thruway - yeah I don't remember that either. But Seth did a RBA overlay
Page 800 saw GAL site triumphalism and plaintive hopes from adam adam about Queens
Page 900 someone asked if we would get an announcement by page 1,000
Page 1,000 was mostly about Page 1,000 - SoupInNYC was first

And that children, is how stadiums are made.

A walk down memory lane!

Page 250, I believe was the MTA was in internal discussions about whether or not it would move the 153rd St. station to make room for a stadium at the GAL site, and I believe the consensus was they would, as long as (among a myriad of other things that would have needed to occur), any work would be privately funded. His ex was an engineer who was aware of the discussions.

It’s exciting timing. World Cup coverage is about to start and get a lot of non season ticket holders at the very least temporarily interested in soccer and while they’re watching, they can say, look, we’re planning on building a brand spanking new stadium in the city for one of the best teams in the league.
My thinking exactly. Which begs the question whether they'd move the announcement up for timing reasons unless they had something really big to announce. I don't want to get ahead of myself, but this could actually be it. Exciting indeed.

Watch the big announcement be a World Cup watch party at Billy’s and you get 10% off your first beer if you use your MasterCard.
No the 10% discount would only apply to that one beer after you spent $150 on other beer first.

The Men in Blazers show is part of their tour and open to the public with tickets available. In fact I'm surprised at how many seats are available given their shows usually seem packed and this is on the eve of the World Cup.

I would not go to this event expecting it to be devoted to NYCFC and a possible stadium announcement. OTOH I can imagine that the club would be very happy to have some representatives appear as MiB guests for a segment to discuss a stadium announcement held earlier that day, or to tease one that is imminent.

Last edited: