• Long Island

Votes: 7 2.2%
  • Dual-Boroughs

Votes: 3 0.9%
  • Etihad Island

Votes: 5 1.5%

• Total voters
Should we make a shittach?
My Yiddish is spotty and Hebrew non-existent, but do you mean a Shidduch?* We're not Jewish, but that's no reason to say no. OTOH, I expect she's not too open to being matched by her parents. She's the headstrong one.

* Like I know the spelling, but that's what Wikipedia says.

• Haha
Reactions: adam
Oof - according to nycfc website, ulurp is going to start "Before the end of 2023" - that sounds like a long time before it "starts" lol.
Mid 2027 - late 2027 sounds like

It's not going to seem real until they break ground and start actually building the thing. Hopefully we can break ground some point in 2024 or early 2025, but that's still a long time for something to go wrong.

It's not going to seem real until they break ground and start actually building the thing. Hopefully we can break ground some point in 2024 or early 2025, but that's still a long time for something to go wrong.

i was thinking this too. i won't feel more confident about it until they start putting shovels in the ground. but this is a HUGE step forward.

but - this does seem like everyone who matter is on board and the project as a whole seems beneficial to the community around it unlike other stadium projects in the city, i think it happens. whether construction and everything moves along on time is a different matter.

One of the really cool parts about being next to Citi Field is the potential to host music festivals. They've been hosting Governor's Ball the past two years along with Rolling Loud. I'd expect our stadium to be involved in some capacity,

Reactions: Kjbert and adam
They can be very different. This looks like one of those generic concepts, something which fits and has a couple key elements. But the ultimate design may or may not look anything like it.

I think the rest of the development, meaning the residential units, are probably really close to what they're actually intending to build. There are a lot of very detailed conceptual drawings. But the fact nothing was unveiled today tells me the design hasn't been done yet, probably because the architects needed to know the exact location.

Anyone know what a normal timeframe would be for the actual renderings to be released?

One of the really cool parts about being next to Citi Field is the potential to host music festivals. They've been hosting Governor's Ball the past two years along with Rolling Loud. I'd expect our stadium to be involved in some capacity,

so long as they don't ruin the turf like LAFC has to deal with at the banc. concerts and such forcing them to relay sod during the season and it shows.

Reactions: Kjbert and Vallos
so long as they don't ruin the turf like LAFC has to deal with at the banc. concerts and such forcing them to relay sod during the season and it shows.

i know they had "knotfest" for slipknot and other metal bands for like three days. They also hosted boxing fights too IIRC. So it took a beating.

I cannot tell you all how relieved I am now this is finally public-- as some of you know, I work for a consulting firm that has counted NYCFC among our clients for many years. From the inside I watched every version of the stadium plan-- and they were all real to varying degrees-- rise and then get scuttled. Nothing was harder than keeping my mouth (mostly) shut here in this thread among the debates and rampant speculation. I've known this Willets plan was real since May. Going forward I'll share what I can when I can, but as I am sure you can understand, I don't want to jeopardize my job in any way by oversharing.

Also-- as a lifelong New Yorker, and parent who shepherded two kids through youth soccer in the City, I always regarded the Willets site as by far the best possible site for our stadium. The other sports stadiums (and museums, park, etc), the transportation, the international character of the neighborhoods all around, and most of all, as anyone who has wandered through Flushing Meadows-Corona Park on a weekend afternoon and seen about a million youth and pickup soccer games playing out can tell you-- it's the epicenter of soccer culture in the city.

LFG

They’re definitely going to try and get some additional uses out of the stadium than just the mls season. I can see them trying to land concerts, a college football bowl game, etc.

Reactions: Kjbert
Is this a different plot than what was speculated on before?
That's too vague to answer.
Before when?
How specific are you being when you say this plot?
This exact site has been a source of intense speculation for months.
Various sites near Citi Field have been considered for years.

That's too vague to answer.
Before when?
How specific are you being when you say this plot?
This exact site has been a source of intense speculation for months.
Various sites near Citi Field have been considered for years.
Sorry I mean of the plots near citi field. I believe some people on the forum was measuring the plot below this one.

Attachments

• 69655911-13BA-41B3-B8A6-63CA83535662.png
    69655911-13BA-41B3-B8A6-63CA83535662.png
    852.6 KB · Views: 13
Reactions: Kjbert
Also-- as a lifelong New Yorker, and parent who shepherded two kids through youth soccer in the City, I always regarded the Willets site as by far the best possible site for our stadium. The other sports stadiums (and museums, park, etc), the transportation, the international character of the neighborhoods all around, and most of all, as anyone who has wandered through Flushing Meadows-Corona Park on a weekend afternoon and seen about a million youth and pickup soccer games playing out can tell you-- it's the epicenter of soccer culture in the city.

LFG
I think this is the most exciting part to me: We've all been told the team wouldn't settle for a subpar option, that they would go for the best possible option. Boy did they hit it out of the park. I think we've always known what a perfect solution WIllets Point would be for us; not that the Bronx would have been bad, but this is the center of the soccer community in New York City. To build a soccer stadium in Flushing, right next to Citi Field, is basically the perfect scenario for this club. 25,000 seats is a great size too - big enough that you can get tickets, small enough that you'll have to plan ahead because most games will be -- at least -- close to a sellout.

We've been waiting and pressuring them for all these years to announce something, credit to them for waiting until they could get the spot they wanted. I would love to read a tick-tock of how this all came to be, because the story is, I'm sure, fascinating. And for the price tag, this certainly seems like it's going to be a stadium worthy of New York City.

I think this is the most exciting part to me: We've all been told the team wouldn't settle for a subpar option, that they would go for the best possible option. Boy did they hit it out of the park. I think we've always known what a perfect solution WIllets Point would be for us; not that the Bronx would have been bad, but this is the center of the soccer community in New York City. To build a soccer stadium in Flushing, right next to Citi Field, is basically the perfect scenario for this club. 25,000 seats is a great size too - big enough that you can get tickets, small enough that you'll have to plan ahead because most games will be -- at least -- close to a sellout.

We've been waiting and pressuring them for all these years to announce something, credit to them for waiting until they could get the spot they wanted. I would love to read a tick-tock of how this all came to be, because the story is, I'm sure, fascinating. And for the price tag, this certainly seems like it's going to be a stadium worthy of New York City.
imagine the marches to games going through corona park... oh man i can't wait