The Walking Dead

I'm assuming it will be called "Walking Dead LA" and we will have lots of walkers wearing sunglasses. Watch out CSI.

Reactions: Vito
Use this thread to talk about the current season of TWD as well. What did everyone think of the most recent episode?

The Walking Dead has been SUCH a frustrating show to watch. I have never followed a show that has been so up and down as far as quality. The end of last season and the very beginning of this season were fantastic. Then it came to a screeching halt when they brought the hospital storyline into it. I thought the last two episodes were pretty good, though.

I totally agree with you. Some episodes are action packed and have a lot of great moments and then some are slow and boring. Hopefully the end of this season picks up with something big going down in Alexandria

Tonights episode was a little nuts. Rick is losing it and its all set up for a great season finale

I haven't kept up with the show after maybe mid-way through season 2 - but I had read the books well into the Going to washington dc plotline that I know was explored on the show - even the comic books lost steam at a point and I gave up. Lot's of ups and downs. I'm fine with there being big lulls in the action as long as there are some interesting character things going on, which for a long time the books did great. Oh well ...

Tonights episode was a little nuts. Rick is losing it and its all set up for a great season finale

I hope so, because this season has been so damn slow. I'm going to lose it if I have to watch another drawn out scene of one of the characters being depressed and just "thinking". Everything that's happened so far in this season could have been covered in two episodes.

The Walking Dead has been SUCH a frustrating show to watch.

I've gotten sick of TWD and I only watch it because I've watched from the beginning and I feel obligated to finish it out ;).

My issues with TWD is that it's become . . . FORMULAIC.

They do the same thing over and over every season. Wander around the countryside, scavenge for food / supplies, kill walkers, settle into a safe sanctuary but find out everything isn't as it seems and battle a human villain or group of human villains, but are able to defeat them (at the expense of cast members, only to add new cast members) and get back on the road to wander around the same countryside some more . . . wash, rinse, repeat.

at least last season's goal was to try to get The Coward to DC to save the world, BUT he turned out to be a fraud.

How many more seasons can the writers keep this up? And are the comic books just as predictable?

I've gotten sick of TWD and I only watch it because I've watched from the beginning and I feel obligated to finish it out ;).

They do the same thing over and over every season. Wander around the countryside, scavenge for food / supplies, kill walkers, settle into a safe sanctuary but find out everything isn't as it seems and battle a human villain or group of human villains, but are able to defeat them (at the expense of cast members, only to add new cast members) and get back on the road to wander around the same countryside some more . . . wash, rinse, repeat.

at least last season's goal was to try to get The Coward to DC to save the world, BUT he turned out to be a fraud.

How many more seasons can the writers keep this up? And are the comic books just as predictable?
Pretty dead on for me as well. I have to say though, the second half of season 4 and most (terrible hospital plot) has been much better.

This has been annoying me as well. I prefer when they're wandering around. When they settle into a place, it gets boring.

And why isn't anyone trying to find out what happened exactly, or how the rest of the country is doing??? No one checks the radio, or tries to make contact with anyone. I would still head to DC just to see if anything or anyone is there.

And Morgan!!! They showed him in the beginning of this season and we know he's following them. What is taking him so long to come out of the woods and join them. That could have been a storyline for this season.

Well this summer they're starting a companion show with a new group that's going to take place in LA or somewhere in Cali.

Well this summer they're starting a companion show with a new group that's going to take place in LA or somewhere in Cali.

Yeah, it takes place in LA during the outbreak. Rick should still be looking for answers, doesn't mean he needs to find any. Just so odd to me that they're wandering around with no intentions of figuring out what exactly happened. And they also don't talk about it. I would be asking a million questions to everyone I met.

Yeah, it takes place in LA during the outbreak. Rick should still be looking for answers, doesn't mean he needs to find any. Just so odd to me that they're wandering around with no intentions of figuring out what exactly happened. And they also don't talk about it. I would be asking a million questions to everyone I met.
Seriously. They don't ask any questions OR tell anyone anything that has happened to them. They are the worlds worst communicators. Wouldn't you think that they would tell the Alexandria people about how they lived in a similar situation and then a one eyed man in a fucking tank came and destroyed it all?! Or how not one, but TWO groups of cannibals captured them and tried to eat them?? Nah. We'll just keep that crucial info to ourselves. So stupid.

Seriously. They don't ask any questions OR tell anyone anything that has happened to them. They are the worlds worst communicators. Wouldn't you think that they would tell the Alexandria people about how they lived in a similar situation and then a one eyed man in a fucking tank came and destroyed it all?! Or how not one, but TWO groups of cannibals captured them and tried to eat them?? Nah. We'll just keep that crucial info to ourselves. So stupid.

Hahah I know!!! Drives me nuts.

This sounds like the sort of post-show analysis my wife would have. FWIW there's a lot of time during the day that a particular character is not on screen...perhaps that's when they're talking about it to new people?

This sounds like the sort of post-show analysis my wife would have. FWIW there's a lot of time during the day that a particular character is not on screen...perhaps that's when they're talking about it to new people?

If they are, then we should see it, or at least know about it.

Reactions: einwindir
And Morgan!!! They showed him in the beginning of this season and we know he's following them. What is taking him so long to come out of the woods and join them. That could have been a storyline for this season.

I started to think that the "W" on the walkers foreheads was actually an upside-down "M" for Morgan . . .

If they're going to keep the show going for a few more years, they'll have to create a "goal" for these people to accomplish whether it be finding a legit "safe" zone where a new government is taking root to take back control of the country or find a cure for the zombie-ism.

"On the run" TV shows like the re-booted Battlestar Galactica at least had an end game to their wandering of the universe being chased by the Cylons: finding earth.