The Walking Dead

If they're going to keep the show going for a few more years, they'll have to create a "goal" for these people to accomplish whether it be finding a legit "safe" zone where a new government is taking root to take back control of the country or find a cure for the zombie-ism.

"On the run" TV shows like the re-booted Battlestar Galactica at least had an end game to their wandering of the universe being chased by the Cylons: finding earth.

Totally agree. And this is what bugs me about the show. They have no ultimate goal other than to survive, which doesn't seem realistic. Like you said, they need to find out what happened and what's happening. Is the government still intact? They have to be to a certain degree. I would imagine that they got the president and cabinet into a bunker. And the military can't be all gone. No way. Seeing how easy it is to kill the Walkers, I have to believe that some military group is still functioning somewhere.

SPOILERS::::::

Battlestar was so good - I just wish they ended it about 6 episodes earlier - before we found out about the last cylon and when they were on the trashed radioactive planet - sorry for the thread jack

Reactions: jerseyhotspur
Alright. I can't believe I'm saying this, but this was a pretty damn good season. Apart from the hospital plot, I really, really enjoyed. Probably more than I ever have. Great finale too.

I thought the finale was great, but they did leave you with a few cliffhangers for next season. And we finally find out that there is a group called the Wolves that will probably be the threat next season. Also this summer Fear The Walking Dead starts up

I thought the finale was great, but they did leave you with a few cliffhangers for next season. And we finally find out that there is a group called the Wolves that will probably be the threat next season. Also this summer Fear The Walking Dead starts up

The short promo for FTWD was awesome. I'm so pumped for it.

The finale was awesome. Best episode of the season. FINALLY, some shit went down.

Are the Wolves just those two dude? My wife said the first guy said there are more, but I must have missed that.

Reactions: Vito
I believe there will be more than just those two guys. But from what we briefly saw they are some fucked up people

The short promo for FTWD was awesome. I'm so pumped for it.

The finale was awesome. Best episode of the season. FINALLY, some shit went down.

Are the Wolves just those two dude? My wife said the first guy said there are more, but I must have missed that.
Throughout this season there have been a number of Walkers with W's carved in their heads. It gives me the impression that there are more than just the two or three that were shown.

Oh and let's not forget about Morgan being brought back into the show. He's a badass and it'll be interesting to see him and Rick together again

Reactions: einwindir
Ah ok, I figured they must be more than those two dude. And yes, they are fucked up... I like it. Probably the most evil villains in the show so far. Even those cannibals seemed to have a small shred of humanity. These Wolves seem like straight up sick.

And Morgan, can't wait to see more of him, Vito Vito. I wonder how he got those Jedi skillz. Don't fuck with Morgan. Just don't. Makes me wonder why he didn't kill those two guys. He clearly knows how sick they are. Why let them roam around.

Reactions: einwindir and Vito
Ah ok, I figured they must be more than those two dude. And yes, they are fucked up... I like it. Probably the most evil villains in the show so far. Even those cannibals seemed to have a small shred of humanity. These Wolves seem like straight up sick.

And Morgan, can't wait to see more of him, Vito Vito. I wonder how he got those Jedi skillz. Don't fuck with Morgan. Just don't. Makes me wonder why he didn't kill those two guys. He clearly knows how sick they are. Why let them roam around.

"Because every life is precious." I have a feeling Morgan's words will come back to haunt him. Especially after he walked in to see his ol' buddy Rick executing a guy.

"Because every life is precious." I have a feeling Morgan's words will come back to haunt him. Especially after he walked in to see his ol' buddy Rick executing a guy.

Yeah, thought about that, but his rule has to have a caveat. Clearly, there's nothing precious about those two.

So my wife has a theory about the execution at the end. She thinks that Rick didn't kill that guy. They showed Sasha not killing the priest, Glen not killing that scumbag, so maybe they were hinting at what Rick would do. They also didn't show if Rick actually shot him, we're justing seeing Rick and hearing the gunshot.

I heard that the main character from Fear the Walking dead will come into the walking dead, the next place I can see them going after DC (guessing that the Alexandria Safe Zone will be overrun by the Wolves) is NYC, but I haven't read the comics so I might be wrong.

Seriously. They don't ask any questions OR tell anyone anything that has happened to them. They are the worlds worst communicators. Wouldn't you think that they would tell the Alexandria people about how they lived in a similar situation and then a one eyed man in a fucking tank came and destroyed it all?! Or how not one, but TWO groups of cannibals captured them and tried to eat them?? Nah. We'll just keep that crucial info to ourselves. So stupid.
2 groups? I remember the guys from Terminus. Who were the other 'bals?

Slightly off-topic but still on the topic of zombie-ish comic related things -

Anyone read crossed? It's a comic that came out in the late 2000s - very good fi you like the walking dead - I only read the first two volumes (20 issues) basically a virus makes a cross like rash appear on your forehead and makes you act out your most violent and degraded thoughts - basically an insanity virus - so we are talking thinking, fast, bad ass zombie types. Like 28 days later but smart. For example the virus is spread through fluids, saliva, blood, semen, etc. so in one scene the "Crossed" jack off onto their bullets and then start shooting people who are holed up and hiding to turn them.

Pretty bad ass if you feel like reading something while waiting for more walking dead.

Slightly off-topic but still on the topic of zombie-ish comic related things -

Anyone read crossed? It's a comic that came out in the late 2000s - very good fi you like the walking dead - I only read the first two volumes (20 issues) basically a virus makes a cross like rash appear on your forehead and makes you act out your most violent and degraded thoughts - basically an insanity virus - so we are talking thinking, fast, bad ass zombie types. Like 28 days later but smart. For example the virus is spread through fluids, saliva, blood, semen, etc. so in one scene the "Crossed" jack off onto their bullets and then start shooting people who are holed up and hiding to turn them.

Pretty bad ass if you feel like reading something while waiting for more walking dead.
Have you read Y: The Last Man? Another post-Apocalyptic series. All men die simultaneously except one guy and his rhesus monkey. It's a great story and the artwork is very well done.