Third Rail Chants Recorded

yeah - has anyone gotten their scarf thingy? I recieved a sticker and a card in the mail a while back and nothing else ... anyone?
Please email me at brian@thirdrail.nyc if you have not received your scarf. Most of our conversations about this have been in the facebook group. I will get your scarf to you.

As for the member cards, it has been a shit show. I agree. Poor planning and even poorer management of that process has derailed the entire thing. We are in the process of getting permanent cards out to all of the members. I am sorry that this has been such an inconvenience. I am just as frustrated as you all are when it comes to the merchandise and distribution of items. I just ask to be a little more patient with us as we try to rectify the issue.

For instance, most of us have paid 70 bucks and gotten a scarf and a tshirt. I haven't heard one word about a tifo for the home opener. Honestly, thats what I paid for, to support a group that would be providing stadium atmosphere. with over a year to work on this, is there really no spectacular tifo plan? The chants, while I am thankful for guys like diroma who went and recorded them, are not very inspiring. Kind of hard to predict Third rail sticking around very long, especially if another group emerges.

There are a lot of members like me, I pay and keep my mouth shut, and honestly you need members like that. ten million opinions don't get anything done. Good luck, but i don't think you are going to get much loyalty to the group at this point.
As for Tifo, there was an open call out to members on the facebook group to help pitch in with tifo design and development. Billy Howell and Jon Sanchez are running that area.

I will reach out to them and see if they will make posts on here for more volunteers. As mentioned before, a lot of the announcements and call for help are done in the facebook group. Please look into those for most of our information.

I have pointed it out before, but how the hell do they willfully ignore, and now I find out deride, a place where 1100 fans talk about the team. There are a shitload of members here, and POTENTIAL members too. The group seems content to wallow in the facebook clique, possibly the worst forum on the entire internet for meaningful discussion.

Look at how the man of the match votes, the forum flag votes, etc, have turned out. How does the TR not see that as an asset to be used?

As for Tifo, there was an open call out to members on the facebook group to help pitch in with tifo design and development. Billy Howell and Jon Sanchez are running that area.

I will reach out to them and see if they will make posts on here for more volunteers. As mentioned before, a lot of the announcements and call for help are done in the facebook group. Please look into those for most of our information.
For example I spoke with Chance about two nicknames that came form here that he said he loved T99 terminator for Tony Taylor and SkyNet for the team. Those lends themselves to Tifos so maybe it would be a good idea for the members that are in charge of Tifos to come here and see what the other fans are doing.

Well it seems like the forums are slowly turning into the "NYCFC Supporters Group" on facebook. This place is becoming toxic and the season hasn't even started yet.

Well it seems like the forums are slowly turning into the "NYCFC Supporters Group" on facebook. This place is becoming toxic and the season hasn't even started yet.
Really? This is one of the more polite forums i have been to. I saw an apology for being wrong the other day, maybe first time i ever saw that on the internet. lol

ya boy is here I'm always on here if anyone has any questions just ask!

Please email me at brian@thirdrail.nyc if you have not received your scarf. Most of our conversations about this have been in the facebook group. I will get your scarf to you.

As for the member cards, it has been a shit show. I agree. Poor planning and even poorer management of that process has derailed the entire thing. We are in the process of getting permanent cards out to all of the members. I am sorry that this has been such an inconvenience. I am just as frustrated as you all are when it comes to the merchandise and distribution of items. I just ask to be a little more patient with us as we try to rectify the issue.
Thanks - e-mail sent!

I disagree. I would hope that Dan would not allow that to happen.

Overall, this forum I enjoy MUCH more than the facebook TR group. I get more actual soccer talk here. There is going to be plenty of nonsense for sure. It's the internet. But this forum, so far, is being successful at providing a solid online community for fans.

Here's what I'm thinking.
After a goal... NEW YORK (2 stomps on the bleachers/two claps) CIT-Y

Then just random easy ones like

N.Y.C...FC
N.Y.C...FC

or
Newwwwwww yorkkkkkkkkkk
cityyyyyyyyyyy

I took one of your chants and quickly recorded it and tried to make it sound like a crowd chanting it. You get the picture, but I think the NYC..FC one would be sweet.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/2181692/nycfc-chant.mp3

Just to clear the air here, a while back there was this idea that Third Rail and the Forums were two distinct groups. Which makes no sense because we aren't even on the same level...one is an internet forum, the other is a supporter group. Members (and ex board members) furthered this "divide" by either lying, spreading misleading information or reporting all the forum discussions that criticized TR. I've talked to Chance, Billy and Anthony about this...we can rest assured that there is no "divide" or ill-will. Like Brian said, we've met numerous times face-to-face and everything has been cool.

Dejan and myself like to joke around calling ourselves #geeksquad because that was what we were referred to as. Just an inside joke that we still find funny.

Hopefully we can all move on now. Some members in Third Rail just need to get used to the fact that the internet is full of opinions and not all of them are going to be good.

Last edited:
What would make it even better is if one half of the stadium chants NYC, and the other half responds with FC.
I feel like the GIVE and TAKE chants are really hard to do. Especially in a stadium where people dont know what the fuck is going on haha. Would love to hear it tho. Shit would be BONKERS

I feel like the GIVE and TAKE chants are really hard to do. Especially in a stadium where people dont know what the fuck is going on haha. Would love to hear it tho. Shit would be BONKERS

Oh yeah, totally agree that something like that would be hard to get going. Would probably take years to establish, but it would sound freakin' sick.