Third Rail Chants Recorded

my guys in 234 are pretty lyrical. I've seen them do Bohemian Rhapsody. Just sayin'

Reactions: DiRoma
Ciao Mario, Serie A teams have great chants. I'm a big Napoli tifoso, and when they score Decibel Bellini gets the crowd going wild. He announces the players name and he yells out the first name, and the crowd screams the last name. It gives me chills, and I'm watching on TV. I can only imagine how it must feel to be in the stadium.

I like this, i like this alot.

Reactions: Drainyoo
The complicated songs can come later. You need the simple shit to get the most people possible involved. I was just watching the PSG - Chelsea game. Fans at the Parc Des Princes were doing simple chants and people were into it and that created a good atmosphere. Stop trying to be wannabe EPL fans. Those clubs are 100+ years old and they've had the time to have club songs. The short ones are easier to catch on and the complicated ones will come with time.

This x 1000.

Reactions: DiRoma
All I hear is people whining. On Saturday I'm taking my ass all the way up to Nevada Smith's to attend the meeting and watch party, even on my bad knee. I'm gonna do my part in learning and contributing to new chants, that's what we need to do. Too many people here are complaining about the Third Rail but aren't starting up their own SG or contributing chants, tifo, etc.

if we get people from this forum to agree to chant at our games, we'd get what... a few hundred to start out? then if its simple enough to catch onto, thousands will sing along and boom you have a whole stadium cheering on our team together... we need to start out small, and get people involved. the epl is ridiculous with their chants. liverpool and that god forsaken song has been around for years... NYCFC has been around for months lol.
then of course you have the explicit chants that all the teams have that nobody wants their child to hear at the stadium, and judging by how the american system is, and by the rules yankee stadium sanctioned, if you have a stadium calling clint dempsey a b-word, for example, im sure they'd find a way to execute all the fans involved.

watching the videos they put out, they're long, inconvenient and i forget what to say because its really unnecessary.

All I hear is people whining. On Saturday I'm taking my ass all the way up to Nevada Smith's to attend the meeting and watch party, even on my bad knee. I'm gonna do my part in learning and contributing to new chants, that's what we need to do. Too many people here are complaining about the Third Rail but aren't starting up their own SG or contributing chants, tifo, etc.
You got Greg Oden knees.

I think like 2 people complained :/
Criticism is good but then people like us also need to step in an educate. The chants will grow with time. A lot of people here do attend the meetings and are a part of the third rail.
The beauty of the forums is not just TR members are members here. We were able to get some awesome exclusive shots/videos from our members out of England that obviously aren't TR members. TR knows it'll be a slow start. I'm sure not even half of their members have been in a SG before. It'll take time.

I'm not trying to read a book to the team... We need a few short, simple chants to repeat every so often with a lot of energy.

I'm an inter fan, when we score, "chi non salta rossonero è" -This who don't jump are Milan fans.... The whole stadium sings it, 4 of 5 times and you feel the energy.

I am agree : I am a Napoli fan and I like " chi non salta bianconero e' ".........
About our NYCFC team, I should like " who doesn't jump of the NJ is " or " who doesn't jump a beverage is ".

Reactions: Tom in Fairfield CT
I'm a tr and forum member and I do not hate on the forum. If any current tr members look down on the forum, then they are wrong for doing so, as this is a great resource that should be utilized by all NYC supporters, whether a member of an sg or not. Some of the chant ideas on this thread sound like they could work quite well to get more of the stadium involved. The 'New York' 'City' call and answer one could be great too, with the right coordination-maybe trying it first in just the supporters sections would be a good way to test it out. Can't wait for the season to start! Forza Celeste!

I'm a tr and forum member and I do not hate on the forum. If any current tr members look down on the forum, then they are wrong for doing so, as this is a great resource that should be utilized by all NYC supporters, whether a member of an sg or not. Some of the chant ideas on this thread sound like they could work quite well to get more of the stadium involved. The 'New York' 'City' call and answer one could be great too, with the right coordination-maybe trying it first in just the supporters sections would be a good way to test it out. Can't wait for the season to start! Forza Celeste!
Yeah i just left the TR fb page yesterday. Too much infighting, too many people complaining about motherfucking membership cards and people are getting offended at EVERYTHING. Someone suggested the chest pounding chant from Wolf of wall st and someone else said it ostracized women....Like HOW? What?

Im still gonna renew my membership for 2015 but Im done with the fb group

I think like 2 people complained :/
Criticism is good but then people like us also need to step in an educate. The chants will grow with time. A lot of people here do attend the meetings and are a part of the third rail.
The beauty of the forums is not just TR members are members here. We were able to get some awesome exclusive shots/videos from our members out of England that obviously aren't TR members. TR knows it'll be a slow start. I'm sure not even half of their members have been in a SG before. It'll take time.
Criticism is good. We need it. Without criticism we would still be a country owned and operated by England. We are still just starting out, and I know this is NYC and people are demanding, but honestly, the TR (and other SG's) WILL have bumps in the road and missteps and obstacles to overcome. Its almost impossible to create a fluid, intense and successful SG immediately (IMO). It takes time. I encourage criticism and hope it will be constructive to help not only the TR grow, but the fanbase as well.

Reactions: Comeonyouboysinblue
Yeah i just left the TR fb page yesterday. Too much infighting, too many people complaining about motherfucking membership cards and people are getting offended at EVERYTHING. Someone suggested the chest pounding chant from Wolf of wall st and someone else said it ostracized women....Like HOW? What?

Im still gonna renew my membership for 2015 but Im done with the fb group

That FB group has slowly become the NYCFC Supporter's Page. I'm close to leaving it myself and I no longer even engage in conversation. It just clogs my feed with nonsense all day, every day.

Reactions: Gene
We are in a unique situation effectively starting from scratch, so I welcome and appreciate all efforts by the TR or others (the good and the bad). The true test will be what sticks and progresses once we start, but it is great to have some ideas to experiment with. I think the short, catchy and easy chants will build momentum the most seamlessly as the casual fans need only hear it once to be able to participate, rather than have to memorize lyrics. I think the goal celebration is crucial, as you know you will have close to 30k fans fired up and ready to celebrate together. I'm not sure how many hockey fans we have on here, but the New York Rangers goal song is so simple, but brings incredible energy to MSG when the Rangers score, with full capacity singing/chanting it together. I also love the first name/last name goal scorer chant. Maybe the supporter section can lead and shout out the scorer's first name, and the rest of the stadium shouts back the last name. I'm also cool with the supporter sections having their own longer, more complicated songs, and having fun with it, you are just not likely going to get much participation elsewhere but that's fine too, and maybe over time those become traditions others pick up.

Last edited:
We are in a unique situation effectively starting from scratch, so I welcome and appreciate all efforts by the TR or otherwise (the good and the bad). The true test will be what sticks and progresses once we start, but it is great to have some ideas to experiment with. I think the short, catchy and easy chants will build momentum the most seamlessly as the casual fans need only hear it once to be able to participate, rather than have to memorize lyrics. I think the goal celebration is crucial, as you know you will have close to 30k fans fired up and ready to celebrate together. I'm not sure how many hockey fans we have on here, but the New York Rangers goal song is so simple, but brings incredible energy to MSG when the Rangers score, with full capacity singing/chanting it together. I also love the first name/last name goal scorer chant. Maybe the supporter section can lead and shout out the scorer's first name, and the rest of the stadium shouts back the last name. I'm also cool with the supporter sections having their own longer, more complicated songs, and having fun with it, you are just not likely going to get much participation elsewhere but that's fine too, and maybe over time those become traditions others pick up.
I think this is how I want our supporters section to be. I want the more complex songs and stuff mainly for the TR sections. But, there are a ton of easy, short chants to ignite and energize the entire crowd. NYC or New York City is easy enough to throw into chants 3 syllables is perfect.

Reactions: JayH