UCL 17/18 Knockout Rounds (Draw and Matches)

Apologize for my ignorance as I don't follow the peripherals of the UCL closely at all, what is this in reference to?

Hooliganism. Seriously, every league/ federation needs to get a grip on this crap. The stories about the English/Russian ultra wars during WC are already starting.

They can start by making an example of the Roma barbarians that beat the hell out that guy in Ansfield.

And the Italians need to make it clear- any BS during the game, and your ass is locked up regardless of your citizenship.

#donteffingembarassyourselves

Apologize for my ignorance as I don't follow the peripherals of the UCL closely at all, what is this in reference to?
SanBartG SanBartG is correct in his statements, but I was specifically referring to some reports from Italian sources that 1000 of the 5000 visiting fans will be violent Ultras. Meanwhile, Liverpool have had no one even arrested the entire tourney .

Why would you even plant those seeds of combativeness based on a purely imagined narrative?

Especially after what happened to that 53 year old Irish businessman who some shitheads tried to kill. It just shows an entire lack of conteextual sensitivity. Liverpool FC asked as a club to bring in UEFA, Roma, and local authorities to try to get their traveling support protected, and then you have italian "media" stirring up shit.

Last edited:
Another game decided by no VAR. Roma played their hearts out.
They did and they got hosed on no calls, but one could have also been called on them for the 2-hands to the back of Mane at the beginning of the match when he went to collect a long ball at the edge of the box and was shoved off his feet.

At the end of the day, the better team advanced.

Reactions: Midas Mulligan
They did and they got hosed on no calls, but one could have also been called on them for the 2-hands to the back of Mane at the beginning of the match when he went to collect a long ball at the edge of the box and was shoved off his feet.

At the end of the day, the better team advanced.

how can u say that? Roma absolutely looked the better team today. Liverpool got possibly robbed of 1 PK and roma 2. considering all the missed calls Roma could have advanced.

how can u say that? Roma absolutely looked the better team today. Liverpool got possibly robbed of 1 PK and roma 2. considering all the missed calls Roma could have advanced.
I can say it because it’s a two-leg competition. Liverpool was 10x better than Roma last match and only slightly worse today (that ricochet off Milner’s Head skews the scoreline - that wasn’t Roma’s Brilliance). And if both teams got the pk’s 2 for Roma and 1 for Liverpool, then Liverpool still advances in both total goals and away goals.

I can say it because it’s a two-leg competition. Liverpool was 10x better than Roma last match and only slightly worse today (that ricochet off Milner’s Head skews the scoreline - that wasn’t Roma’s Brilliance). And if both teams got the pk’s 2 for Roma and 1 for Liverpool, then Liverpool still advances in both total goals and away goals.

With var this game could have easily ended 6-2

Pool controlled the first game Roma controlled the second

Reactions: Christopher Jee
The penalty at the end was a gift from the referee and balances out one of the two non-calls.

But the real gifts today were the ones the two teams kept giving each other all game long. The amount of sloppy play at the back in this tournament exceeds belief. Can you imagine what your average Eurosnob would say if the MLS playoff featured goalkeepers whiffing on backpasses or palming balls directly to an opponent or handballs all over the penalty area or any of the other mistakes and howlers we've seen? a ball cleared off someone's face for an own goal? A defensive header played back toward the goal and right to the opponent?

To be fair, there have been moments of brilliance as well, but that only underscores how shocking the sloppiness has been.

The penalty at the end was a gift from the referee and balances out one of the two non-calls.

But the real gifts today were the ones the two teams kept giving each other all game long. The amount of sloppy play at the back in this tournament exceeds belief. Can you imagine what your average Eurosnob would say if the MLS playoff featured goalkeepers whiffing on backpasses or palming balls directly to an opponent or handballs all over the penalty area or any of the other mistakes and howlers we've seen?

To be fair, there have been moments of brilliance as well, but that only underscores how shocking the sloppiness has been.

Very sloppy, If pool plays like they did today vs Real Madrid they’re gonna get smoked. Having said that I think RM has been very underwhelming too. Also, I’m now currently rooting for pool to win it all.