USMNT Talk

Just got back to campus after coming from the USA-Costa Rica game. First US Soccer game I went to in my life. Red Bull arena was 40% full, embarrassing. Actually less than 10,000 people were at the match. I think Red Bull games get more attendance. More disappointing, I bought seats near the "home" bench on TicketMaster. The USA was on the other bench, the typical away bench. So all the US fans were by the Costa Rican bench and the Costa Rican fans were by the US bench. Also, saw my old econ professor, Sunil. He was with his Business Economics class. How cool of them to go on field before the game then seat in a suite on a school night.

Brek Shea was absolute shit. It was just a bad game for the US. Good to see Tim Howard in goal though, though he was not perfect.

I don't see why they can't have this game at Yankee Stadium honestly.

Last edited:
Reactions: SayWhat44
Just got back to campus after coming from the USA-Costa Rica game. First US Soccer game I went to in my life. Red Bull arena was 40% full, embarrassing. Actually less than 10,000 people were at the match. I think Red Bull games get more attendance. Saw my old econ professor, Sunil. He was with his Business Economics class. How cool of them to go on field before the game then seat in a suite on a school night.

Brek Shea was absolute shit. It was just a bad game for the US. Good to see Tim Howard in goal though, though he was not perfect.

I don't see why they can't have this game at Yankee Stadium honestly.
Yeah Shea was awful, Zardes was garbage as per usual, our national team is dreadful right now. Oh and Danny Williams taking over as the teams #10.... abysmal.

U23's beat Canada 2-0 to go into a 2 game playoff with Columbia for spot in the Olympics. I watched a lot of the game seeing that the senior team was unwatchable. The U23's were also not very good. Canada was down a man for most of the match. That team has a lot of talent but seems a bit off and hopefully they will play well in March vs a good Columbia team.

Here is a nice writeup on the USMNT player pool. There are some things with which I would quibble, but generally gives a good sense of the depth chart at the moment and which players might emerge in the coming year or two.

One thing's clear - we lack a top notch attacking midfielder right now, and there isn't one on the horizon.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/sizing-u-player-pool-ahead-173450281.html

Here is a nice writeup on the USMNT player pool. There are some things with which I would quibble, but generally gives a good sense of the depth chart at the moment and which players might emerge in the coming year or two.

One thing's clear - we lack a top notch attacking midfielder right now, and there isn't one on the horizon.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/sizing-u-player-pool-ahead-173450281.html
Mix didn't even score a mention. And to your point, the article author seems to think our next attacking mid prospect is in U17 now.

Good point. How could I have missed that Mix wasn't mentioned. I mean, Brek and Yedlin are mentioned at 2 different positions.

And yes, what about Poku. He could easily grow into the classic #10 we've been lacking the last 2 years.

Reactions: BEC SPK
Good point. How could I have missed that Mix wasn't mentioned. I mean, Brek and Yedlin are mentioned at 2 different positions.

And yes, what about Poku. He could easily grow into the classic #10 we've been lacking the last 2 years.
Has he gained citizenship yet?

When is Jurgen announcing the roster for the WCQ match at Busch Stadium?

When is Jurgen announcing the roster for the WCQ match at Busch Stadium?
I am not sure.

I don't think we will be too happy with the phsycotic combination he comes up with whenever it is released.

What's the behind-the-scenes personal beef that JK has with Benny? It must be pretty bad.