What made you more upset?

• Kit

Votes: 8 7.9%
  • Lampard

Votes: 75 74.3%
  • Neither

Votes: 18 17.8%

• Total voters
Neither!!! It doesn't bother me that Lampard is not coming NYC. He is replaceable. What DOES bother me is some NYC fans already giving up on this team. Relax!!!

If this doesn't bother you, and you don't see the issue with what has happened, than I question if you're even a true NYC fan. They lied to us, plain and simple. They sold us something that wasn't true. I've already spent thousands of dollars with them on the idea that they were fielding a team led by Villa and Lampard. If this happened with the Yanks, Giants or any other major team in NYC, people would be losing their shit as well. Something like this is unheard of in NYC sports. It just doesn't happen here.

Last edited:
Third Rail Needs to protest!

This is the time for them to step up, besides a statement they should show action. Get NY1, News 12 (Bronx, Brooklyn and other ares in tri state) to report on this, protest, or ask fans to join. (I'm sure if they show /plan something extraordinary they will surpass the 1,500 membership) I would join the Third Rail if they defy CFG.

Maybe members can all wear alternative jersey instead of the sky blue, or wear another color besides the sky blue to show being upset about it, get other people to follow the same.

I don't know , but this is very f***ing upsetting

Both the Jersey fiasco and this FL are shit.

This is freaking pathetic! I finally try to get back into MLS and then shit like this happens.

This looks bad for the league, the team, and anyone who happens to be a representative of either.

I just sent my rep an email letting him know how disappointed I am. Hopefully he passes it along.

Third Rail Needs to protest!

This is the time for them to step up, besides a statement they should show action. Get NY1, News 12 (Bronx, Brooklyn and other ares in tri state) to report on this, protest, or ask fans to join. (I'm sure if they show /plan something extraordinary they will surpass the 1,500 membership) I would join the Third Rail if they defy CFG.

Maybe members can all wear alternative jersey instead of the sky blue, or wear another color besides the sky blue to show being upset about it, get other people to follow the same.

I don't know , but this is very f***ing upsetting

Both the Jersey fiasco and this FL are shit.

I am waiting to contact my rep. Back when I worked in Congress one of the most annoying things ever was a phone call flood from angry constituents, hundreds would call for hours. I think that season ticket holders should call their reps repeatedly on Monday - I certainly will.

If this club develops a permenant anti-MCFC tradition, that'd be nice.

I like some of the ideas some of you have about not wearing sky blue and the like. Great idas that I too have thought about.

Reactions: Kjbert
Not trying to be mean, but if anyone didn't think that City Football Group wouldn't put Manchester City first, then you are naive. MLS is and will continue to be a little league when compared to the big leagues unless the ownership structure is changed.

Give it 40 years and the shoe could be on the other foot. Depends on how fast the MLS grows. The MLS needs a UCL like competition. I'm not even sure if Sky shows the Copa Libertadores over in the UK. The MLS needs to work in the next years on setting this up.

Give it 40 years and the shoe could be on the other foot. Depends on how fast the MLS grows. The MLS needs a UCL like competition. I'm not even sure if Sky shows the Copa Libertadores over in the UK. The MLS needs to work in the next years on setting this up.
That's why our leagues operate the way they do.

MLS itself will one day be like Champions League every day. Extremely talented players on every team, never really sure what will happen.

Unlike EPL, where only 4 or 5 clubs ever actually have a chance of winning and the other 15 are just there to round out the numbers...

Guys seriously... Start a thread in debate desk if you feel like arguing MCFC attendance. It's getting annoying having to remind people to stay on topic. We'll hand out temp bans if necessary.

Reactions: CP_Scouse
The Lampard thing. All the missteps leading up to this made me vent to my friends and family. The Lampard thing made me go online to seek out a NYCFC forum so that I could vent to strangers and convince myself that there's dozens, hundreds, of other fans who are as outraged as I am. To convince myself that my anger isn't unreasonable.

I'll most likely support the Cosmos now, there's no way Garber and the MLS didn't know about this.

The Lampard thing. All the missteps leading up to this made me vent to my friends and family. The Lampard thing made me go online to seek out a NYCFC forum so that I could vent to strangers and convince myself that there's dozens, hundreds, of other fans who are as outraged as I am. To convince myself that my anger isn't unreasonable.

I'll most likely support the Cosmos now, there's no way Garber and the MLS didn't know about this.
I'm not sure its actually THAT bad...

I have spent a fair amount of time reading this forum but feel its time to post. I've seen comment and after comment about how you, as fans, want to distance yourselves entirely from MCFC and feel as though you are being treated as an inferior CLub to your English counterparts. Well I have some news for you - you are. I don't mean that disrespectfully, I have followed developments at NYCFC & will continue to do so, but the truth of the matter is there would be no NYCFC without MCFC - The EPL is where the money is in Football. In years to come it might be the MLS, who knows, but Owners of the City group will put their most valuable asset first, at the moment that is MCFC and will be for a good few years to come. The above post to me sums up why Franchises of clubs will never really be grasped in Football - How can you say you will go and support another club????? That's an embarrassment. I respect a lot of people will of bought tickets and merchandise & were 'sold' the idea of NYCFC....but this is why football clubs should never ever have to sell themselves. You should be born to support that club, whether that be through where you are from or through who your family support or through taking a shine to that club at a young age but you should NEVER EVER consider changing allegiancies...no matter who plays for you, who manages you, who runs the club etc etc. Frank Lampard has made a decision that all parties have agreed to - get on with it. I hope that MCFC and NYCFC can have a strong relationship both on and off the pitch, I totally appreciate why the recent developments would anger any true supporters of this new club BUT that shouldn't mean you stop supporting the club as a whole - Christ, if that was the case I would of stopped supporting MCFC years ago.

Reactions: AndreT_NY
I have spent a fair amount of time reading this forum but feel its time to post. I've seen comment and after comment about how you, as fans, want to distance yourselves entirely from MCFC and feel as though you are being treated as an inferior CLub to your English counterparts. Well I have some news for you - you are. I don't mean that disrespectfully, I have followed developments at NYCFC & will continue to do so, but the truth of the matter is there would be no NYCFC without MCFC - The EPL is where the money is in Football. In years to come it might be the MLS, who knows, but Owners of the City group will put their most valuable asset first, at the moment that is MCFC and will be for a good few years to come. The above post to me sums up why Franchises of clubs will never really be grasped in Football - How can you say you will go and support another club????? That's an embarrassment. I respect a lot of people will of bought tickets and merchandise & were 'sold' the idea of NYCFC....but this is why football clubs should never ever have to sell themselves. You should be born to support that club, whether that be through where you are from or through who your family support or through taking a shine to that club at a young age but you should NEVER EVER consider changing allegiancies...no matter who plays for you, who manages you, who runs the club etc etc. Frank Lampard has made a decision that all parties have agreed to - get on with it. I hope that MCFC and NYCFC can have a strong relationship both on and off the pitch, I totally appreciate why the recent developments would anger any true supporters of this new club BUT that shouldn't mean you stop supporting the club as a whole - Christ, if that was the case I would of stopped supporting MCFC years ago.
Why are you posting here?

Yeah, how dare Wimbledon fans support that team instead of MK Dons?

Yeah, how dare Wimbledon fans support that team instead of MK Dons?

Bit different don't you think? MK Dons are not Wimbledon - Never have been, never will be.
The discussion revolves around changing a club because a PLAYER isn't playing for that club.

I totally appreciate why a fan would support a Phoenix club developed from the demise of their boyhood team.

Last edited:
That's actually not true at all. MLS wanted a franchise in NY and simply needed a financier. THEY almost had a stadium in place before CFG arrived. Another person/group would have taken the reins. People are jumping all over MLS right now with LA now and ATL coming and Vegas possibly. Other spots being scouted as well. So that part isn't true at all.