What made you more upset?

• Kit

Votes: 8 7.9%
  • Lampard

Votes: 75 74.3%
  • Neither

Votes: 18 17.8%

• Total voters
That's actually not true at all. MLS wanted a franchise in NY and simply needed a financier. THEY almost had a stadium in place before CFG arrived. Another person/group would have taken the reins. People are jumping all over MLS right now with LA now and ATL coming and Vegas possibly. Other spots being scouted as well. So that part isn't true at all.

No matter what other group had financed a NY franchise they would never ever have invested the amount CFG will over the coming years. It will unimaginable.

No matter what other group had financed a NY franchise they would never ever have invested the amount CFG will over the coming years. It will unimaginable.
CFG had the most money at the time and they got it, but to make it happen in New York you need to be loaded.

Reactions: Kjbert
NYC hash 't seen that and just got screwed over for the UK team. You can say what you want but we need to be shown something.

You will in time. If MCFC was 100% through the journey with our owners ( of which we are not) the NYCFC is about 0.5% into a similar trip.
Give it a couple of seasons or three and whenever anyone outside the US thinks of the MLS they'll be thinking of NYCFC.

Reactions: AndreT_NY
You will in time. If MCFC was 100% through the journey with our owners ( of which we are not) the NYCFC is about 0.5% into a similar trip.
Give it a couple of seasons or three and whenever anyone outside the US thinks of the MLS they'll be thinking of NYCFC.
I'm here and we'll see but till then CFG, MCFC and Frank Lampard we not get any break, as of now they don't deserve any.

Bit different don't you think? MK Dons are not Wimbledon - Never have been, never will be.
The discussion revolves around changing a club because a PLAYER isn't playing for that club.

I totally appreciate why a fan would support a Phoenix club developed from the demise of their boyhood team.

Wrong. The anger over this issue is not because a player is not playing for NYCFC. It is because we were lied to and told we had signed Lampard and he was on loan, when in reality he was contracted to MCFC the whole time. We were told our interests would not be sacrificed to MCFC, yet here we are.

Until you, and other posters like you, understand that we're upset over PRINCIPLE not over a player we will be arguing about two different issues.

Can we quote you on that and get a refund from you if it isn't true?

I have spent a fair amount of time reading this forum but feel its time to post. I've seen comment and after comment about how you, as fans, want to distance yourselves entirely from MCFC and feel as though you are being treated as an inferior CLub to your English counterparts. Well I have some news for you - you are. I don't mean that disrespectfully, I have followed developments at NYCFC & will continue to do so, but the truth of the matter is there would be no NYCFC without MCFC - The EPL is where the money is in Football. In years to come it might be the MLS, who knows, but Owners of the City group will put their most valuable asset first, at the moment that is MCFC and will be for a good few years to come. The above post to me sums up why Franchises of clubs will never really be grasped in Football - How can you say you will go and support another club????? That's an embarrassment. I respect a lot of people will of bought tickets and merchandise & were 'sold' the idea of NYCFC....but this is why football clubs should never ever have to sell themselves. You should be born to support that club, whether that be through where you are from or through who your family support or through taking a shine to that club at a young age but you should NEVER EVER consider changing allegiancies...no matter who plays for you, who manages you, who runs the club etc etc. Frank Lampard has made a decision that all parties have agreed to - get on with it. I hope that MCFC and NYCFC can have a strong relationship both on and off the pitch, I totally appreciate why the recent developments would anger any true supporters of this new club BUT that shouldn't mean you stop supporting the club as a whole - Christ, if that was the case I would of stopped supporting MCFC years ago.

Even though I have defended MCFC when I feel it is unfairly criticised this is an NYCFC forum and to be honest the first part of your post is quite offensive. It does no service to fans of both clubs who remain balanced, or at least try to. I never will consider NYCFC to be inferior to any of CFG's teams. Just at a different stage of development. I am looking forward to this development. MLS has huge potential so whose to say, MLS might one day eclipse the EPL. The way NYCFC's fans have been treated over Frank is shambolic. The fact no explanation has also been given is unacceptable. I personally want to hear from all sides inside CFG on this. What was the play by play? Khaldoon, Ferran and Claudio need to come clean on this and MP needs to shut up. This way at least we can get mad over the actual facts. Who made the final call? Citytv can place an interview on the website or at least meet with TR after all they are supposed to be the accepted fan club.

CFG had better get their finger out and get the stadium and remaining DP sorted ASAP. That DP had better be massive.

Who runs the PR?

Our understanding in MAnchester was that the Yankees would do the PR and setup as they know what NY people thrive on.....

Is this not the case?
Either the Yankees fucked up royally and have no idea how soccer works, or Manchester City fucked up royally and has no idea how New York City works.

I don't recall hearing or seeing anywhere that the Yankees would be handling PR and/or marketing.

Either the Yankees fucked up royally and have no idea how soccer works, or Manchester City fucked up royally and has no idea how New York City works.

I don't recall hearing or seeing anywhere that the Yankees would be handling PR and/or marketing.

It was reported here that CFG would lean heavily on the Yankees due to their long experience in marketing and understanding New Yorkers, as you say, somebody somewhere made a wrong call.

Yeah, its been unimaginable alright, as they steal away 1 of their two marquee signings for the first half of the season.

I certainly can't believe it. It truly is unprecedented.

A little bit a and a little bit b.