Which Enrollment Gift Did You Choose?

Are the backpacks I see on EBay getting any attention? Maybe I'll sell mine too.
I have been watching and I don't think they're actually selling. I haven't put mine up yet because it occurred to me I'd need a box to ship it in if it sells, and I don't have one. Stupid ebay.

Still no shipping info for me. I chose my gift way back in the beginning.

Just an update. I've changed my mind about preferring the messenger bag to the backpack. I still think I'm more likely to regularly USE the messenger bag, but after inspecting both more carefully I've found a couple of quality control issues with the messenger bag. The backpack on the other hand, while it's more aesthetically offensive, is quite expandable and might become my new overnight bag.

Anyone else have any issues with the messenger bag though? The stitching on the back is not lined up properly (sloppy looking) and the emblem on the front is stamped off-center. If everyone's bags are like this I don't wanna email the club and complain. If other people got good ones though, I will ask mine be replaced with good ones. cuz I mean come on. I don't wanna look a gift horse in the mouth though. Heh.

Just an update. I've changed my mind about preferring the messenger bag to the backpack. I still think I'm more likely to regularly USE the messenger bag, but after inspecting both more carefully I've found a couple of quality control issues with the messenger bag. The backpack on the other hand, while it's more aesthetically offensive, is quite expandable and might become my new overnight bag.

Anyone else have any issues with the messenger bag though? The stitching on the back is not lined up properly (sloppy looking) and the emblem on the front is stamped off-center. If everyone's bags are like this I don't wanna email the club and complain. If other people got good ones though, I will ask mine be replaced with good ones. cuz I mean come on. I don't wanna look a gift horse in the mouth though. Heh.

I have heard the opposite that the backpack was falling apart....I got messenger but haven't used it since I'm not back in city yet

So apparently my package is on the way back to Fan Services as USPS was unable to deliver it for some reason. Once Fan Services receive the package then they'll make new plans for shipment. :/

It's a one-time enrollment gift. So we don't get anymore free stuff if we continue our membership besides the stuff that's in the box/tin?

It's a one-time enrollment gift. So we don't get anymore free stuff if we continue our membership besides the stuff that's in the box/tin?
I think that's the idea.

Certainly marketed as a one time gift. Other posters - I think Goodfella - have said renewal gifts are normal in MLS, so the possibility remains.

The few years I had Nets tickets we'd get things the stickers/bracelets/lapel pins in the ticket package, but not standalone gifts.

Certainly marketed as a one time gift. Other posters - I think Goodfella - have said renewal gifts are normal in MLS, so the possibility remains.

The few years I had Nets tickets we'd get things the stickers/bracelets/lapel pins in the ticket package, but not standalone gifts.
Also it was marketed as a one-time gift from the beginning. This isn't something they started recently as they were shipping them. I checked the initial emails.
In addition, remember that we never renew any more. You can quit any time, but the monthly charge just keeps on to perpetuity until you make it stop. So there is will be no renewal event to commemorate with a gift.
They can always add something of more heft to the STH package , or they could just send us things at random times, but I wouldn't count on either. I think they figure with the basic STH package, plus what we can get with points, they have us covered for "free" stuff.

Reactions: Goodfella
Also it was marketed as a one-time gift from the beginning. This isn't something they started recently as they were shipping them. I checked the initial emails.
In addition, remember that we never renew any more. You can quit any time, but the monthly charge just keeps on to perpetuity until you make it stop. So there is will be no renewal event to commemorate with a gift.
They can always add something of more heft to the STH package , or they could just send us things at random times, but I wouldn't count on either. I think they figure with the basic STH package, plus what we can get with points, they have us covered for "free" stuff.
Agreed on all points.

I'd also prefer getting one nice "gift" that is useful, like the bags, than getting a handful of junk every year. I'm cool with a scarf and a pin with my season cards, but this is nyc. Ain't nobody got space for random merch!

I would imagine we may some future gifts/incentives following poor seasons in order to combat an anticipated low renewal rate. If they don't need to, I doubt they will get too aggressive in the future. The first season should have seen a relatively low renewal rate for a number of reasons, but between the gifts and the attractive low monthly payment options, they probably increased the renewals nicely.

Basically, if they start giving things out, like jackets, that's not a good sign.