White Supremacists In Supporter Section

You are 100% wrong.

Wearing hate symbols is doing something. They made the choice to adorn themselves with it/them.

Okay so that Jew up top complaining about wearing his kippa and being afraid of these guys can avoid the whole issue by not wearing it, since adorning himself with the hat is a choice, correct?

Reactions: Christopher Jee
I never said I was scared. But do I want to actively put myself in a position to get arrested myself? My family had to deal with real Nazis in Germany and Poland. I’m not about to stay silent for these Nazi posers if they call me names or stand pat if they physically assault me by throwing things at me. But do I really want to put myself in that position? I have a family, job, a real life and people who rely on me. I don’t need to be putting myself in a position where I can get hurt in a fight or arrested myself to prove a point. And that’s why I’ll proabbly stay away from the SS. I wouldn’t call that intimidation, more like adulting on my end. And that’s not very fair to me these people attend if I did want to use my tickets in that section.
but it’s fair to toss them based on something you THINK they MIGHT do?

Okay so that Jew up top complaining about wearing his kippa and being afraid of these guys can avoid the whole issue by not wearing it, since adorning himself with the hat is a choice, correct?

Wearing a kippa isn’t a choice, it’s my religion. Yes, I can choose to hide it. But what does that say about the atmosphere in the SS if I feel forced to do so?

Love how there are 3-4 people that just show up to talk about the latest NYCFC Nazi update. It's adorable.

Reactions: SoupInNYC
200.gif

Reactions: Kjbert
Wearing a kippa isn’t a choice, it’s my religion. Yes, I can choose to hide it. But what does that say about the atmosphere in the SS if I feel forced to do so?

Laughing here that this guy compared someone’s religious garb to wearing a MAGA hat.

Just shows how dumb MAGA world is.

but it’s fair to toss them based on something you THINK they MIGHT do?

Who said toss them out? I’m in the leave them there till they do something camp. However, it’s not a stretch to think they eventually will act out. Problem is I don’t want to be the guineapig who sets them off and I’m sure plenty others don’t want to be either. Personally, I’m just staying away, it’s not a fight I need to be involved in. I’ll wear my kippa in a different section where I don’t have to worry.

It is 100% a choice. Do you put it on when you wake up? You don’t have to put it on. Same with the tzitzit. Do you do Tfillin daily? Because that’s a choice too. Do you do Amidah three times a day? Pray before every meal? Fast twice a year and soft fast six more times? I honestly doubt it, because if that were the case how the hell are you in the SS on a Saturday aka Shabbat. Don’t use our religion as a convenient tool to make your point. I am arguably as religious as you if I were to venture a guess, which is how I can 100% say it is a choice. Hell, you can convert into the religion can’t you? That sounds like a choice to me.

Laughing here that this guy compared someone’s religious garb to wearing a MAGA hat.

Just shows how dumb MAGA world is.
Religious affiliation vs a political one... at the end of the day they are both clothing depicting who we are. Last I checked we were a secular society correct?

Who said toss them out? I’m in the leave them there till they do something camp. However, it’s not a stretch to think they eventually will act out. Problem is I don’t want to be the guineapig who sets them off and I’m sure plenty others don’t want to be either. Personally, I’m just staying away, it’s not a fight I need to be involved in. I’ll wear my kippa in a different section where I don’t have to worry.

This is the most sensible thing I’ve read on this thread so far

How about this:

If you have a history of committing hate crimes, you’re not allowed in the stadium.

Why is this so fucking difficult ?

Reactions: ZYanksRule
It is 100% a choice. Do you put it on when you wake up? You don’t have to put it on. Same with the tzitzit. Do you do Tfillin daily? Because that’s a choice too. Do you do Amidah three times a day? Pray before every meal? Fast twice a year and soft fast six more times? I honestly doubt it, because if that were the case how the hell are you in the SS on a Saturday aka Shabbat. Don’t use our religion as a convenient tool to make your point. I am arguably as religious as you if I were to venture a guess, which is how I can 100% say it is a choice. Hell, you can convert into the religion can’t you? That sounds like a choice to me.

Religious affiliation vs a political one... at the end of the day they are both clothing depicting who we are. Last I checked we were a secular society correct?

Are we a secular society? You sure about that homeboy?

I get all the arguments for and against. I don't actually give a fuck about this goofy shit but I do have one question for all of you:

People can be whatever they want to be. They can tattoo whatever they want on their bodies and have whatever politics. I can agree with that. Please share your thoughts on what people are supposed to do so that everyone can have their cake and eat it too. Especially in regards to the supporters section. Whether one sits there or not, I think it must be understood and accepted that that is a space that has an entirely different dynamic from the rest of the stadium.

For me, there is a significant distinction to be made between setting aside party politics and whatever this situation is. Party politics, in general, is a difference of opinion on how to reach a common goal. This is, effectively, people being asked to be OK with standing next to people in public and private spaces who are wearing all of the markings of a history that despises them. To me, that is life and death and a whole other set of considerations.

Okay well should I be
I get all the arguments for and against. I don't actually give a fuck about this goofy shit but I do have one question for all of you:

People can be whatever they want to be. They can tattoo whatever they want on their bodies and have whatever politics. I can agree with that. Please share your thoughts on what people are supposed to do so that everyone can have their cake and eat it too. Especially in regards to the supporters section. Whether one sits there or not, I think it must be understood and accepted that that is a space that has an entirely different dynamic from the rest of the stadium.

For me, there is a significant distinction to be made between setting aside party politics and whatever this situation is. Party politics, in general, is a difference of opinion on how to reach a common goal. This is, effectively, people being asked to be OK with standing next to people in public and private spaces who are wearing all of the markings of a history that despises them. To me, that is life and death and a whole other set of considerations.

So as an Israeli, it’s okay then if I take issue with any Arabs in the SS? Yknow, because if 48, 67, Munich massacre, Yom Kippur war, so on so forth? Or them with me vice versa?

Are we a secular society? You sure about that homeboy?
"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof..."
Literally the free exercise clause of the First amendment of our constitution. Read it some time, it helps.

Attachments

• 30CEA03F-F2AD-425C-9B24-A37116A180D9.jpeg
    30CEA03F-F2AD-425C-9B24-A37116A180D9.jpeg
    558.6 KB · Views: 1
"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof..."
Literally the free exercise clause of the First amendment of our constitution. Read it some time, it helps.

Like most people in this country, you don’t understand that the First Amendment protects Americans’ speech from the Government.

The proof that we are not a secular society is that the Easter Bunny is setting up shop at the Westchester this week.

Reactions: FredMertz
I feel like I'm being "what-about-ed" but that's fine.

I don't know if you should take issue. I just asked a question. Apparently it was a shitty question. My bad.

It wasn’t a shitty question. There are no shitty questions as long as they are in good faith. Just shitty responses from others.

Reactions: ZYanksRule

Actually...

Thanks for the judgement. In fact, yes I do put on a kippa or a hat and wear one at all times. I'm not so good with tzitis. I put in Teffilin daily. I do daven 3 times a day, and with a minyan most the time. I make Brachas before everything I eat, and say birkat hamazon after every meal. I fast way more than 2 times a year. and I don't drive on Shabbos or attend matches in Shabbos. But I do attend matches on other days. So is it still a choice achi? My only real choice is to wear a hat instead of a kippa, but again why should I hide who I normally am for some Nazi poser?

Actually...

Thanks for the judgement. In fact, yes I do put on a kippa or a hat and wear one at all times. I'm not so good with tzitis. I put in Teffilin daily. I do daven 3 times a day, and with a minyan most the time. I make Brachas before everything I eat, and say birkat hamazon after every meal. I fast way more than 2 times a year. and I don't drive on Shabbos or attend matches in Shabbos. But I do attend matches on other days. So is it still a choice achi? My only real choice is to wear a hat instead of a kippa, but again why should I hide who I normally am for some Nazi poser?
giphy.gif

Actually...

Only one group is for the annhialation of Jews and it’s not the people adam adam is siding with.

Again, why the hell is this even a debate? Are some people here so morally bankrupt that the hill you want to die on is Nazi rights?

Reactions: Yankeedom
Only one group is for the annhialation of Jews and it’s not the people adam adam is siding with.

Again, why the hell is this even a debate? Are some people here so morally bankrupt that the hill you want to die on is Nazi rights?

Nazis should be banned from the stadium. 100%. It's not even a question in my mind.

My problem is that if it's true they haven't done anything wrong inside the stadium, I understand why and how the team has had an issue with this. You can't ban someone for their political beliefs, even beliefs as abhorrent as these people have. Unfortunately we live in a litigious, reactive society.