Why Did You Become A Nycfc Fan?

I moved your post to Supporters Den. Keep the news and rumors thread to just those two topics.
City fan as well here. Came because of that and stayed because of how well NYCFC communicated with fans on twitter at the beginning. Really sucked me in at first.

Everton fan. Wanted a team to call my own locally - and a team that was run the right way. I root for the Yankees and Giants - MCFC are class. I don't see that in the ownership team with NYRB and it never appealed to me.

I moved your post to Supporters Den. Keep the news and rumors thread to just those two topics.
City fan as well here. Came because of that and stayed because of how well NYCFC communicated with fans on twitter at the beginning. Really sucked me in at first.
Ok thanks, I wasn't sure on which to put it in. Then I saw the description. My mistake.

I've got a question for you guys. So Baseball games go on for hours right, with big stoppages in play. What do you do for like 8 hours!?
I imagine you are not serious, but baseball games are not eight hours long. They range from two to five and average around three to four hours. You sit and chat and drink beer and eat. All while watching your team smack home runs.

Reactions: Kjbert
I've got a question for you guys. So Baseball games go on for hours right, with big stoppages in play. What do you do for like 8 hours!?

Depends. Watching baseball on TV is okay if there isn't anything else to do. It's about 3 hours a game. Some have lots of runs and drama, and some are boring.

Going to the game is a ritual. You eat hot dogs, drink beer, maybe catch a ball or a bat. It's just an excuse for a night out.

Every sport goes through boring spells. Remember our 0-0 draw at home against Birmingham under Bobby? Players were running around but there wasn't much going on. Sideways passing can be as bad as stoppages in American sports.

I imagine you are not serious, but baseball games are not eight hours long. They range from two to five and average around three to four hours. You sit and chat and drink beer and eat. All while watching your team smack home runs.
I knew they were long, obviously over shot the mark... Just a tad:D. Obviously the games different, but I imagine it's similar to what we do over here at the cricket?

Because I am a Manchester City fan, and NYCFC are now part of our family.

Also a huge football fan, and now have a great reason to take more of an interest in the MLS.

Reactions: Across the Pond
Depends. Watching baseball on TV is okay if there isn't anything else to do. It's about 3 hours a game. Some have lots of runs and drama, and some are boring.

Going to the game is a ritual. You eat hot dogs, drink beer, maybe catch a ball or a bat. It's just an excuse for a night out.

Every sport goes through boring spells. Remember our 0-0 draw at home against Birmingham under Bobby? Players were running around but there wasn't much going on. Sideways passing can be as bad as stoppages in American sports.
That game was atrocious, people were calling for his head!

Personally, I've always found watching Basketball is far more entertaining as well as American Football;):D. But I guess that's down to the nature of the sports.

Easy for me. I'm CTID and live here in NYC. The connection to my favorite football club here in my favorite city is a great moment in time for me. Our first match can't start soon enough.

I've been a diehard Madridista since my senior year of high school when Zidane (my all-time favorite footballer) went to Real Madrid in Summer 2001. I never really had any interest in MLS, which I used to see as a second tier league at best. I tried to support the Red Bulls for about 5 minutes but just couldn't get over the fact that they are really a suburban/NJ club and are actually named after a commercial product. I have no problem with sponsorship, but naming the team after a product? That seems like a joke to me. Now that NYC officially has its own team I couldn't pass up the opportunity of being involved at the "ground level" so to speak. Very proud to be a Founding Member of NYCFC!

That game was atrocious, people were calling for his head!

Personally, I've always found watching Basketball is far more entertaining as well as American Football;):D. But I guess that's down to the nature of the sports.

Yeah I find those two more exciting spectator sports. There is more action.

Baseball retains its popularity because most of us grow up playing it. It's really fun to play. And there are 162 games a year, so it's always on. Watching it isn't very exciting though, I'll admit.

I am a massive fan of MCFC since 2007/2008 season, and I think the projects in New York, Melbourne and Japan. This will help Man City by producing great young players for the future.

Yeah I find those two more exciting spectator sports. There is more action.

Baseball retains its popularity because most of us grow up playing it. It's really fun to play. And there are 162 games a year, so it's always on. Watching it isn't very exciting though, I'll admit.
We have similar games to baseball over here, and yeah it is great to play!

City fan. Great chance to get into MLS. Will be great watching this club develop, similar hopefully to watching city develop since the money came in

I've been a Juve fan for almost 20yrs. As much as I love them and have traveled to Torino to see them, I always wished for a home team. I love Serie A even though it's gone downhill a bit. I try and attend as many international games over the summer as possible. I dropped FIOS for DirecTV when beIN Sport went live. I wasn't going to watch Juve on crap internet feeds. The Red Bulls were the closest thing to home, but I don't see Harrison NJ as a NY team just as I no longer see the Giants or Jets as NY teams. When I heard a stadium was going to be built in Flushing I was thrilled beyond belief. Of course that didn't work out. I'm really hoping for a stadium in Queens as I believe it's the soccer hub of NY.

All said and done, it's great that we finally have a team to cheer for. One that we can call our own unless the owners give in and build a stadium outside of NYC. In that case I'd call for a mass protest and would cancel my season tickets immediately.