Why Did You Become A Nycfc Fan?

Am a huge Arsenal supporter. Tried to be a red bulls fans because of Henry but all I care about is Henry scoring, not the red bulls organization or winning or anything else. Ready for him to leave there so I don't have to watch them again. As for NYCFC I love nyc and am excited to see a real team in the city thats more about the team than selling energy drinks. Also I love man cities jerseys and colors because I love light blue but hate the team so I can finally wear that color.

Am a huge Arsenal supporter. Tried to be a red bulls fans because of Henry but all I care about is Henry scoring, not the red bulls organization or winning or anything else. Ready for him to leave there so I don't have to watch them again. As for NYCFC I love nyc and am excited to see a real team in the city thats more about the team than selling energy drinks. Also I love man cities jerseys and colors because I love light blue but hate the team so I can finally wear that color.
Once we've got you wearing Sky Blue you'll soon come to your senses and become a Man City fan too :)

Exactly what you would do at a cricket match, surely?
Drink? MCFC fan, interesting to see how our partner club does, never really watched MLS before apart from keeping an eye on Keane at Galaxy, but then again never watched the A league before CFG bought Melbourne Heart and I've enjoyed their games, so looking forward to it!

Because it is City (no, I am not getting into that argument), and because I am interested and follow all aspects of my club, so it was only natural I want NYCFC to do well (and "well" they will do).

Admittedly it is easier to get into NYCFC than it is Melbourne, as I am a 'newbie' just like everyone else, but I intend to learn a lot, plus we are witnessing the birth of a club with history to be made, and I just love club history (so much so in fact, I intend to release my irreverent MCFC history book this year).

I won't get to see all the matches due to timing, but what I can watch, I will watch.

Reactions: Across the Pond
Changed mine as I didn't think it'd suit here. Good to see there's a few of us over here.
I was thinking maybe not to use the username as it wasn't NY or NYCFC related but theres plenty already that aren't, plus it reminds any trafford fans of unpleasant memories, good to see we've a presence here alright, same on the Heart forum, hopefully we can all get along.

I became a NYCFC fan because I have always liked soccer, EPL MLS La Liga and others. I never really had a favorite team, so I gravitated towards the Galaxy and the Sounders, but now there's a team close to me. No yes there was the Red Bulls but I just couldn't join in on the team. Go NYCFC!

Replying to my own thread.:D:p

I'm the same as most of you guys, (mcfc fans that is) because I felt obliged to support our sister club. But another reason is that I've always liked to have someone to "support" in a way and I never found anyone in the MLS. NYCF c was the perfect opportunity, but on another level.

Reactions: einwindir
Replying to my own thread.:D:p

I'm the same as most of you guys, (mcfc fans that is) because I felt obliged to support our sister club. But another reason is that I've always liked to have someone to "support" in a way and I never found anyone in the MLS. NYCF c was the perfect opportunity, but on another level.

As an MCFC fan I will support NYCFC due to our links and the fact I love New York.

Further to some other threads that I have read I wouldn't expect people from NY to naturally follow MCFC unless they were fans already. I fully understand that this club to most in NY will be there priority just like mine is to MCFC and that some of you will support other clubs around the world. Let's just all get on and accept that both clubs will have different meanings to each individual fan..

Oh and I look forward to getting over there when we play against each other, which I am sure will happen soon.

I always loved the game of soccer. Went to a few redbulls games a few years ago and was intrigued by MLS. Never really felt a connection with RBNY though. Once they announced NYCFC, I knew it was for me. Been a New Yorker my whole life and I love this city, and now we have our own team.

LETS GO