2016 Attendance Thread

thus why I've upgraded to Delta Suite via Cityzens points
That is just really tempting. I'm in 224 so the view is pretty similar but it's gonna be a whole lot colder in my seats than in the suite.

Reactions: Goodfella
That is just really tempting. I'm in 224 so the view is pretty similar but it's gonna be a whole lot colder in my seats than in the suite.
Just redeemed some points and I'm feeling warmer already!

Reactions: Goodfella
Just redeemed some points and I'm feeling warmer already!
I'm not into autographs, team meets etc. so I've done it before and it's well worth it. Pop in and out as needed to warm up. The wife loves it there, we're normally in 234. I'll be wearing a hoody with the BXFSC logo, say hi if you spot me

updated for last week's games against Montreal and Vancouver.
Nice job! Just wish there was a way to add in a factor for weather. I feel like we've had maybe 2 home games, at most, that were decent weather, and the rest have been chilly and/or rainy/damp. We could be a victim of too many front loaded home games in off-weather which depresses the non-STH numbers that we'd normally get on sunny summer afternoons. Hopefully the LA & double-RB matches are massive sell outs. They could really boost numbers. That, and a solid win streak.

Last edited:
Reactions: JayH
Hopefully the LA & double-RB matches are massive sell outs. They could really boost numbers. That, and a solid win streak.

I hope you just Nostradamus'ed the next 19 days for us!

It would be interesting to be able to compare ticket-sales-above-STHs across the league. My guess would be that despite having generally good attendance we may be below average in that regard.

For instance, New England had 10,000 at their Wednesday game and 25,000 at their Saturday game - which means they sold at least 15,000 tickets single match tickets for the weekend game. That is more than we have sold for any game yet this year, though we should exceed it easily May 21.

It would be interesting to be able to compare ticket-sales-above-STHs across the league. My guess would be that despite having generally good attendance we may be below average in that regard.

For instance, New England had 10,000 at their Wednesday game and 25,000 at their Saturday game - which means they sold at least 15,000 tickets single match tickets for the weekend game. That is more than we have sold for any game yet this year, though we should exceed it easily May 21.
True, but those 15k are potentially one-and-done. I'd prefer higher STH and lower "walk-up" to the inverse any year.

New England had a bunch of promo tickets between youth club sales and comp tickets given to Boston Marathon volunteers.
Either way, they do have a very small sth base, which is understandable given the size of the stadium vs typical attendance. If I remember correctly the Galaxy also have a surprisingly low sth base compared to average attendance. Teams like SKC and Portland obviously have limited seats for single game purchase.
Colorado and Chicago have small bases as well, but don't draw too well anyway.

Yea unless they make some major push in the next two weeks, it doesn't look like the RB match will be anywhere near a sell-out. I'm sure RB supporters are going to be in a few upper-level sections, but they only have 3 sections open in the 400 level and they are mostly unsold at this point. I'm guessing we will see around 40k.

I honestly can't recall what they charged last season, but I wonder if tacking on an extra $10 per ticket has anything to do with it?

Oh, and for no other reason than FYI, the team decided to add $15 per ticket to the July Red Bull and August Galaxy matches. :rolleyes:

Yea unless they make some major push in the next two weeks, it doesn't look like the RB match will be anywhere near a sell-out. I'm sure RB supporters are going to be in a few upper-level sections, but they only have 3 sections open in the 400 level and they are mostly unsold at this point. I'm guessing we will see around 40k.
Those that haven't bought yet will wait until the week of the game to monitor the weather. And even if only 40k, that's still 2x what RB averages for a game.

Part of their problem is that they don't really advertise that multi game deals have no fees. $40 net of fees is actually not a bad price for those 300 level seats around midfield.

Reactions: Gotham Gator