2016 Attendance Thread

Who are these people? Can honestly say I've never met one. All anecdotal of course, but I've met tons of casual fans whose interest has been piqued because we DO play at Yankee Stadium. The club even released its own marketing campaign based around it.
Not necessarily because of Yankee stadium itself, but because we are playing in NYC. I fall in this category.

Can't wait to add those three extra columns...

NYCFCattendance20160928.png

Can't wait to add those three extra columns...

NYCFCattendance20160928.png

I'm curious to see what the attendance for the last match will be. You can see we had a spike last season when we were already out of the race. If we have large implications (playoff, CCL, SS) it should really spike and give us that 5th tent pole* of the season (same number as last year).

*I'm considering any attendance of 30,000+ as a tent pole match.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ulrich and Taurus
Who are these people? Can honestly say I've never met one. All anecdotal of course, but I've met tons of casual fans whose interest has been piqued because we DO play at Yankee Stadium. The club even released its own marketing campaign based around it.
I'd reply but this is the wrong thread to do so....

Reactions: JayH
I'm curious to see what the attendance for the last match will be. You can see we had a spike last season when we were already out of the race. If we have large implications (playoff, CCL, SS) it should really spike and give us that 5th tent pole* of the season (same number as last year).

*I'm considering any attendance of 30,000+ as a tent pole match.

It's fan appreciation day and they're having those West Point cadets parachute into the stadium. I'm expecting a record attendance to see if that forth guy will finally make it into the stadium.

"Arrive early as the West Point Parachute Team returns to perform a special jump into Yankee Stadium prior to kick-off."

Last edited:
It's fan appreciation day and they're having those military guys parachute into the stadium. I'm expecting a record attendance to see if that forth guy will finally make it into the stadium.

Wouldn't be amazing if the 4th guy takes off his helmet, chute and uniform and it's Mix all ready to go in full team gear?

I hope we have a LOT more cold weather games, this year and in years to come.
Big difference in the Fall Cold in November and that nasty ass End-of-winter-when-is-spring March/April Cold

You guys have obviously never tried the hot-knish-down-your-pants trick. Got me through some sub-zero Giants games growing up.

So true. That crisp November air is so much nicer than "OMG why won't it effing get warm already" end of March freezing temperature night game.

Monthly average high-low temperatures for Bronx, NY.

March: 50-35 (March 13: 49-34)
April: 61-44 (April 10: 59-43)
October: 65-51 (Oct 23: 63-49)
November: 55-42 (Nov 6: 58-45; Nov 22: 52-40)
December: 44-32 (Dec 10: 46-34)

Reactions: adam
My prediction is that attendance falls a further 1-2% this year.

Question for people who have followed the league longer: is attendance usually better or worse in World Cup years? I know there is a typically a strong league-wide bounce in the year following a WC, but what about the year of the WC itself?

Reactions: FootyLovin