2016 USOC Draw

Anyone hear anything from the club about tickets yet? My rep said at that game that happened on Saturday they would probably send out something Monday or Tuesday. Nothing.

Reactions: Kjbert
Anyone hear anything from the club about tickets yet? My rep said at that game that happened on Saturday they would probably send out something Monday or Tuesday. Nothing.

Maybe they are finally becoming self aware? Realize we're still a bit disheartened from the team's performance. Maybe free USOC tickets to anyone who still wants to support? Nah! who we kidding?

Maybe they are finally becoming self aware? Realize we're still a bit disheartened from the team's performance. Maybe free USOC tickets to anyone who still wants to support? Nah! who we kidding?
I have a feeling the atmosphere at the mothership (ours) is pretty frenetic this week and tensions are strained. The big mothership has probably been in contact and voiced their feelings. Frazzled nerves and walking on eggshells make for a slowdown in productivity.

Reactions: mgarbowski and adam
I have a feeling the atmosphere at the mothership (ours) is pretty frenetic this week and tensions are strained. The big mothership has probably been in contact and voiced their feelings. Frazzled nerves and walking on eggshells make for a slowdown in productivity.

Usually there's the Behind the Scenes videos from games. There hasn't been one for the Toronto match or that match that happened on Saturday. They posted a photo album of Matarrita on NYCFC.com. He's not even playing this weekend because of Copa America. The match day page has the correct opponent but the wrong broadcaster. It says gates open 2 hours rather than what is typically 90 minutes. So yeah, the office is in a funk.

Usually there's the Behind the Scenes videos from games. There hasn't been one for the Toronto match or that match that happened on Saturday. They posted a photo album of Matarrita on NYCFC.com. He's not even playing this weekend because of Copa America. The match day page has the correct opponent but the wrong broadcaster. It says gates open 2 hours rather than what is typically 90 minutes. So yeah, the office is in a funk.
I would bet there have been a ton of unplanned meetings this week that have had to be crammed into schedules. I bet a lot of high level PR & marketing stuff from an emergency standpoint - very likely including the opening question, "who the Fck thought it was a good idea to say 'Super Frank' when we were down by five?!?!" Followed closely by,"do you all live in a bubble? My intern has been telling me there's a near revolt brewing on that website."

Reactions: LionNYC and adam
I think you're all wrong. Business as usual over there. I would suggest you get used to this.

I think you're all wrong. Business as usual over there. I would suggest you get used to this.
Yeah, I kind of agree with this. If the Mets were to go and lose the next 10 in a row with Matt Harvey getting shellacked for 3 of those 10 you wouldn't expect to have the front office in a tizzy would you? You'd get the usual Terry Collins postgame interviews, perhaps getting a bit more grumpy as the loss count rises of course. And you'd have people on Twitter and on whatever Mets forums there might happen to be going ballistic and predicting the end of the world. But none of that would change the front office's plans for events, season ticket renewal emails, or whatever. Nor should it.

Just feels like we may be overreacting a little here. The business of the front office is to run the day to day business of the team. They're not going to stop lining up signboard advertisers, say, just because we got creamed last weekend. Nor should they.

Nothing like giving 2 hours notice to the presale... Well done NYCFC. Does Fordham even sell beer?

My refrigerator is easily stocked and I have a reserved cushioned seat-back, and that may be a better bet than the outer reaches of the Bronx.

Nothing like giving 2 hours notice to the presale... Well done NYCFC. Does Fordham even sell beer?

My refrigerator is easily stocked and I have a reserved cushioned seat-back, and that may be a better bet than the outer reaches of the Bronx.
Well there's Arthur avenue to grab some drinks

Well there's Arthur avenue to grab some drinks
Sure but if coming from work and heading to the nether reaches of the Bronx, there isn't a lot of time pre-game to grab a drink.

Since most seats are General Admission by section, is there interest in picking a "forum section" where we can try to get seats in?

I like this idea a lot.

I'd be totally down with doing the "expensive" seats in Section 8 at $25/each.

We would need to coordinate a row as well, and people could just pick the seats in that section closest to that row.