2017 Jersey Thread

Your Choice for the 2017 Primary Jersey Neckline...

• A

Votes: 10 12.3%
  • B

Votes: 17 21.0%
  • C

Votes: 10 12.3%
  • D

Votes: 44 54.3%

• Total voters
It's not bad, but it's not particularly good either. I really dislike the thin orange stripe, it looks tacked on as an afterthought.

I know it's subjective, but we haven't produced a shirt I'd feel good in wearing on an average day. For next year's new away kit, all I want is something super simple like this:

109117.jpg

But I'm sure they'll mix colors with strange stripes or something weird.

Well, it's hard to argue that it isn't meh compared to the Real Madrid shirt.
Yeah but we all knew CFG wasn't going to do a drastic change to the home kit. They'll take the chance with the away kit but I don't ever see them doing drastic changes to the home kit.

Reactions: Goodfella and JayH
Well, you can't say they haven't listened to the fans about introducing orange and moving away from the mothership slightly
They listened, but with the hearing aid turned nearly off. From a design standpoint, the orange orbiting the cuff is weak and screams afterthought; it's like what a grad student does the day before a presentation when they realize they forgot an itemized part of the scope, so they stick something on haphazardly hoping it meshes.

It should look so much better when it's not the Hanes undershirt material of a replica. And the intro of the Orange gives you the opportunity to tie it in with some orange on shorts and/or socks and then you move even further away from MC knock-off.

It's not bad, but it's not particularly good either. I really dislike the thin orange stripe, it looks tacked on as an afterthought.

I know it's subjective, but we haven't produced a shirt I'd feel good in wearing on an average day. For next year's new away kit, all I want is something super simple like this:

109117.jpg

I think it maybe depends on what else you wear on an average day.

Reactions: sbrylski and JayH
I think what really matters is how the most chic man on the squad feels about it

Attachments

• IMG_8180.PNG
    IMG_8180.PNG
    493.8 KB · Views: 41
Reactions: Jock and JayH
I think what really matters is how the most chic man on the squad feels about it

I watched that video. McNamara and another player aren't wearing authentic jerseys. I find that funny, also poor production quality. It's like they took the players lingering around the city or training ground and gave them a jersey to wear and say a line.

109117.jpg

That's pretty much our primary from last two years. Almost exactly. (I actually think it is exactly the same, but not concerned enough to really check either way)

I'd like to point out that before we call the orange was an afterthought to this jersey (but it's looking that way), we don't know anything about the back of the kit. There could be more designs back in orange or the name plate and numbers could be orange.

Though they'd probably be dark blue as well.

Isn't the orange band on the sleeves basically the same as the one on the away kit, maybe it is there to tie the two together?

Reactions: Kjbert