mgarbowski

Registered
Elite Donor
Donor
Seasoned Supporter
Jul 16, 2014
Queens, NY
mgarbowski.com
There's one preseason game left later today and nobody has put up a list of questions about which we can be mostly wrong, so I'll step in. All predictions should be made before the first real game against Orlando, but if the team gets a striker in this window but after then, you can add a new post (don't edit the original) to change any prediction except #4 or 1A.

1. A: How many points does the team have after 9 games (1/4 season)
    B: How many after 17 games (1/2 season)
    C: How many at the end of the year?
  2. What place does NYCFC finish in the East, regular season?
  3. How many US Open Cup games does NYCFC win?
  4. Does the team acquire any strikers? Multiple choice (A) 1 only in this window, (B) 2 in this window, (C) 1 in this window plus 1 in summer, (D) 1 only in the summer, (E) 2 in the summer, (F) none, or (G) more than 2 (any time combo).
  5. Who scores the most goals on the team, and how many?
  6. Who has the most assists, and how many?
  7. Who has the most combined, and how many?
  8. Which NYCFC Academy product plays the most minutes during the year?
  9. How many matches does Jon Lewis play in?
  10. What is NYCFC's playoff fate: (A) fail to qualify, (B) lose in the 2-7 round, (C) lose in the conference semifinals, (D) lose the conference final, (E) lose MLS Cup game, or (F) win MLS Cup game. Note that all possibilities from (C) and better applies regardless of whether NYCFC had to play in the 2-7 round or not.
  11. What will be Dome Torrent's signature phrase: (A) "If we play like this we will be fine." (B) "If you don’t score the goals, you have more ways to lose the game." (C) "I’m happy for the players because they played well." (D) "Haters got nothing to say to me now."

1A. 12 points
1B. 25
1C. 55
2. Third place
3. Zero
4. D
5. Mitrita - 16
6. Maxi - 13
7 Mitrita - 21
8 Sands
9 28
10. D.
11. C

Last edited:
1. 19/32/57

2. 3rd place

3. 2 baby!

4. C

5. Mighty bags 16

6. Maxi with 12

7. Maxi with 22

8. Sands

9. 28 (counting any matches missed to international duty as appearances)

10. D

11. C

Reactions: mgarbowski
  1. A: 18
    B: 30
    C: 60
  2. Second
  3. 2
  4. (C)
  5. Mitrita, 18
  6. Maxi, 15
  7. Mitrita, 29
  8. Sands
  9. 13 (guessing he is traded within MLS in the summer window)
  10. (D)
  11. (A)

There's one preseason game left later today and nobody has put up a list of questions about which we can be mostly wrong, so I'll step in. All predictions should be made before the first real game against Orlando, but if the team gets a striker in this window but after then, you can add a new post (don't edit the original) to change any prediction except #4 or 1A.

1. A: How many points does the team have after 9 games (1/4 season): 18
  2. B: How many after 17 games (1/2 season): 34
    C: How many at the end of the year?: 61
  3. What place does NYCFC finish in the East, regular season?: 3rd
  4. How many US Open Cup games does NYCFC win?: Three
  5. Does the team acquire any strikers? Multiple choice (A) 1 only in this window, (B) 2 in this window, (C) 1 in this window plus 1 in summer, (D) 1 only in the summer, (E) 2 in the summer, (F) none, or (G) more than 2 (any time combo). : D
  6. Who scores the most goals on the team, and how many?: Mitrita: 15
  7. Who has the most assists, and how many?: Maxi: 12
  8. Who has the most combined, and how many?: Mitrita: 15/4 = 19
  9. Which NYCFC Academy product plays the most minutes during the year?: Sands
  10. How many matches does Jon Lewis play in?:25
  11. What is NYCFC's playoff fate: (A) fail to qualify, (B) lose in the 2-7 round, (C) lose in the conference semifinals, (D) lose the conference final, (E) lose MLS Cup game, or (F) win MLS Cup game. Note that all possibilities from (C) and better applies regardless of whether NYCFC had to play in the 2-7 round or not.: D
  12. What will be Dome Torrent's signature phrase: (A) "If we play like this we will be fine." (B) "If you don’t score the goals, you have more ways to lose the game." (C) "I’m happy for the players because they played well." (D) "Haters got nothing to say to me now." : C

1. A: How many points does the team have after 9 games (1/4 season) 12
    B: How many after 17 games (1/2 season) 20
    C: How many at the end of the year? 45
  2. What place does NYCFC finish in the East, regular season? 6
  3. How many US Open Cup games does NYCFC win? 1
  4. Does the team acquire any strikers? Multiple choice (A) 1 only in this window, (B) 2 in this window, (C) 1 in this window plus 1 in summer, (D) 1 only in the summer, (E) 2 in the summer, (F) none, or (G) more than 2 (any time combo). D
  5. Who scores the most goals on the team, and how many? Mitrita 16
  6. Who has the most assists, and how many? Maxi 14
  7. Who has the most combined, and how many? Maxi and Mitrita, both 20
  8. Which NYCFC Academy product plays the most minutes during the year? Sands
  9. How many matches does Jon Lewis play in? 20
  10. What is NYCFC's playoff fate: (A) fail to qualify, (B) lose in the 2-7 round, (C) lose in the conference semifinals, (D) lose the conference final, (E) lose MLS Cup game, or (F) win MLS Cup game. Note that all possibilities from (C) and better applies regardless of whether NYCFC had to play in the 2-7 round or not. B
  11. What will be Dome Torrent's signature phrase: (A) "If we play like this we will be fine." (B) "If you don’t score the goals, you have more ways to lose the game." (C) "I’m happy for the players because they played well." (D) "Haters got nothing to say to me now."

A: How many points does the team have after 9 games (1/4 season) 15
B: How many after 17 games (1/2 season) 36
C: How many at the end of the year? 60

What place does NYCFC finish in the East, regular season?
THIRD

How many US Open Cup games does NYCFC win?
ONE

Does the team acquire any strikers? Multiple choice
(C) 1 in this window plus 1 in summer

Who scores the most goals on the team, and how many?
MITRITA (13)

Who has the most assists, and how many?
MORALEZ (10)

Who has the most combined, and how many?
MITRITA (19)

Which NYCFC Academy product plays the most minutes during the year?
SANDS

How many matches does Jon Lewis play in?

What is NYCFC's playoff fate:
(C) lose in the conference semifinals

What will be Dome Torrent's signature phrase:
(C) "I’m happy for the players because they played well."

Results
  1. A: How many points does the team have after 9 games (1/4 season): 12
  2. B: How many after 17 games (1/2 season): 29
    C: How many at the end of the year?: 64
  3. What place does NYCFC finish in the East, regular season?: 1st
  4. How many US Open Cup games does NYCFC win?: Two
  5. Does the team acquire any strikers? Multiple choice (A) 1 only in this window, (B) 2 in this window, © 1 in this window plus 1 in summer, (D) 1 only in the summer, (E) 2 in the summer, none, or (G) more than 2 (any time combo). : A
  6. Who scores the most goals on the team, and how many?: Heber: 14
  7. Who has the most assists, and how many?: Maxi: 20
  8. Who has the most combined, and how many?: Maxi: 20/7 = 27
  9. Which NYCFC Academy product plays the most minutes during the year?: Sands
  10. How many matches does Jon Lewis play in?: idk, maybe like two?
  11. What is NYCFC's playoff fate: (A) fail to qualify, (B) lose in the 2-7 round, © lose in the conference semifinals, (D) lose the conference final, (E) lose MLS Cup game, or win MLS Cup game. Note that all possibilities from © and better applies regardless of whether NYCFC had to play in the 2-7 round or not.: A/B are no longer options
  12. What will be Dome Torrent's signature phrase: (A) "If we play like this we will be fine." (B) "If you don’t score the goals, you have more ways to lose the game." © "I’m happy for the players because they played well." (D) "Haters got nothing to say to me now." : A/C/D - but he didn't really have a catch phrase?