2020 Roster Discussion

giphy.gif

so now we don't have a backup for Mata... Rocha cannot play LB. he gets destroyed every time. Neither can Miller. We're gonna be hurting there more than ever now since I predict Mata will get injured in the first CCL game and be out half the season.

is it time to play a 3 back system with Tinnerholm and ITS as wing backs?

Of course we're going to bring someone in to fill that role, though. No, it's not time to change the formation because the backup LB was selected in an expansion draft 90 days before we play our first competitive game of the season. No doubt NYCFC expected this as they were gaming out their unprotected list over the last few weeks and months.

So...how are we going to dump Medina?

Also, I think we're protected from losing any players in the 2020 expansion draft when Austin enters the league.

Reactions: Kjbert
I have a feeling that we might be part of one of those Nashville trades. Medina might be gone sooner than we think

EDIT: I was wrong

Last edited:
"The Club will announce 2020 roster options later this week. The deadline for MLS clubs to notify the League Office is on November 21 at 1:00 pm ET."

I bet Sweat is happy to get picked. He gets to go back to his home state.

Yup. It's one of the reasons I thought he was a main target of Miami before the draft. Kind of made sense to bring him home. Plus it's not like he's a bad player -- he's not a star, but he's a decent MLS player, a perfect type of player every team needs on its roster.

Yup. It's one of the reasons I thought he was a main target of Miami before the draft. Kind of made sense to bring him home. Plus it's not like he's a bad player -- he's not a star, but he's a decent MLS player, a perfect type of player every team needs on its roster.
He’s a starter that now means they have more money to throw at the other 10.

On the subject of the roster, since Sean Johnson is probably 3rd on the depth chart behind Steffen and Guzan, I would really prefer it Johnson weren't called up to the USMNT anymore, or at least not when NYCFC have matches.

Hamid is the guy johnson is taking a spot for but after his comments he aint getting called up anymore until berhalter leaves imo

So we lost Sweat and Parks so far. Who else Are we likely to lose?

this is sort of a joke - but wouldn't it be crazy if the new coach came in and somehow inspired medina to become a superstar, racking up double digits goals and double digit assists for us in 2020.

i think i need more sleep. this sinus infection is effecting my brain.

this is sort of a joke - but wouldn't it be crazy if the new coach came in and somehow inspired medina to become a superstar, racking up double digits goals and double digit assists for us in 2020.

i think i need more sleep. this sinus infection is effecting my brain.

I stopped wanting Medina to succeed after he gave an FU to the supporters section after a goal.

Reactions: hatt91