2020 Schedule Thread

spoiler. it's dome.

nice trip! shame it's gonna be pretty crazy over there cause of coronavirus, but hey, tourist sites should be fairly sparse so you don't have to wait in lines.
End of August? I don't think Coronavirus will still be an issue by then, or at least, I hope not...

End of August? I don't think Coronavirus will still be an issue by then, or at least, I hope not...

hopefully not. but i heard they were possibly canceling the olympics in tokyo over it, which is end of july/august. so who knows. either way, i think people will still be pretty wary for awhile even after it's technically not a serious threat any longer.

Reactions: Kjbert
hopefully not. but i heard they were possibly canceling the olympics in tokyo over it, which is end of july/august. so who knows. either way, i think people will still be pretty wary for awhile even after it's technically not a serious threat any longer.
I heard there was an announcement that it's not going to be cancelled.

I was reading a memo sent by our daycare during the game today, which got me thinking what will MLS do if this gets to the extreme level.

Let's envision a scenario in which health officials or the paying public force or pressure the league to suspend public events for let's say 4-6 weeks. Which course of action would you prefer?
1.) Playing as scheduled behind closed doors. This would be the simplest action logistically.
2.) Playing the canceled games after the regular season, pushing back the playoffs.
3.) Squeeze the missed games into the schedule after resuming play. (Far from ideal, but no refunds given and no issues with player contracts and transfer windows by extending the season )
4.) Just removing the canceled matches from the schedule and play a shortened season. (They could make adjustments to ensure all teams play an equal number of games.)
5.) Just play on as normal despite warnings from health officials and angry fans.
6.) Something else.

I don't think the league will cancel games because of lost TV money. I suggest playing closed door matches if it even comes to that, but I don't think it will in this country.

Closed door matches. There are precedents for this around the world. I think 4 413Blue is right that this is the logical choice

:tearsofjoy: Hawaiian shirt giveaway..... are they seriously planning on giving out thousands of hawaiian shirts to people on their way in? That will look funny as hell if there are a lot of them.

:tearsofjoy: Hawaiian shirt giveaway..... are they seriously planning on giving out thousands of hawaiian shirts to people on their way in? That will look funny as hell if there are a lot of them.

i think its funny that this went from a supporters group thing (goodfellas i believe) and then expanded to others and then nycfc picked up on it.

i think its funny that this went from a supporters group thing (goodfellas i believe) and then expanded to others and then nycfc picked up on it.

Actually it started with this one guy. Way before Goodfella Goodfella. I got one as soon as dome was hired bc of the pineapples on it. And I feel worse than when they came out with camo hats in season 2. No respect i tell you....