2021 Schedule Thread

Of the 17 MLS Regular Season matches in 2021, how many will be played at Yankee Stadium?

• Total voters

NYCFC is on nat’l tv three times, same as that powerhouse FCC. Remember when the club was nationally relevant?

its crazy the galaxy still get that many games, chicharito is not himself and probably wont be again, and they were terrible last couple of years.

EDIT: we also got our ass kicked 7-0 on national television.

Reactions: Kjbert

NYCFC is on nat’l tv three times, same as that powerhouse FCC. Remember when the club was nationally relevant?

not surprised. TV is all about ratings. They want to showcase superstars and drum up drama between opposing superstars. We could be #1 in the east and MLS Cup champs, and I'm willing to bet our national coverage wouldn't be improved next year without a superstar signing.

Last edited:
its crazy the galaxy still get that many games, chicharito is not himself and probably wont be again, and they were terrible last couple of years.

EDIT: we also got our ass kicked 7-0 on national television.
chicaritto is still a household name and will get people to tune in. plus the galaxy are a globally known brand because of beckham. it's also why miami are getting so much national coverage too.

chicaritto is still a household name and will get people to tune in. plus the galaxy are a globally known brand because of beckham. it's also why miami are getting so much national coverage too.

nah miami getting the beckham attention now.

i guess some will want to watch chicharito but even with mexico NT fans he does not have as much fans as before. his off field drama attributes to that.

I haven’t received an email from the club about the schedule. Has anyone else?

So we all agree that we were straight up lied to right?

So we all agree that we were straight up lied to right?

Lied to? i wouldn't say that. Mislead and kept in the dark? Definitely.

Just received the email about the schedule.

nothing we didn't already know. just additional reasons why we are playing at RBA ...

• For 2021, MLS has standardized the playing windows for all teams to avoid fixture congestion throughout the season; this change is an attempt to ensure that all teams have a more equitable amount of time to rest between matches. Based on MLS match scheduling windows, Yankee Stadium was only available for 9/34 total windows, so we had to find another solution.
  • From a competitive standpoint, consistency and quality of a second venue are top priorities – Red Bull Arena provides both.

Further confirmation that the club plans to run at half-speed on all fronts until (if) it gets the redo with a new stadium. I can't imagine that they will have many season ticket holders in the interim.

Michie Stadium is one hour closer to the city and in New York state. Same surface as in Seattle.

i read once on twitter that in a soccer set up ( with the electric advertising and benches etc) its narrower than yankee stadium...lol i dont know if its true though

When we had the opportunity not to roll over all 2020 payments (or something like that) last Spring, I just plowed everything into 2021. Then I decided in late summer to cancel my tickets. Because of that timing, I got no refund for all I paid into 2020, but have a credit.
For the past few weeks my rep has been calling to push me to buy a flexible multi-game plan to use up some of the credits, and he told me he expected most or even all games to be at Yankee Stadium.
LOL, this club has been lying repeatedly since July 2014.
giphy.gif

It’s getting harder to stick with them on this ”Founding Member” bullshit.

i mean the only thing is you save like $20 compared to the non founding member regular season tickets for the same section.

Just echoing what others have said, they’ve had this money for a long time. I need refunds for games not used, not credits.

4 midweek games is great, but 3 in NJ. If they’re not good, that place will be a ghost town and they’ll find some way to sell tickets for $5.
So bummed about how this is working out.

It’s getting harder to stick with them on this ”Founding Member” bullshit.
I agree, the thing that is going to drive me insane, is when they build a stadium they will just allow fans to buy Founding Members status but just under a different name. It will be cheaper than what I have spent on tickets to keep my founding member status. That’s because this FO is bullshit with their shell games they play with their fans.