2021 Schedule Thread

Of the 17 MLS Regular Season matches in 2021, how many will be played at Yankee Stadium?

• Total voters
I'll have never been to see a match at MAPRE Stadium then. But much looking forward to seeing their new stadium.

three new SS stadiums opening this season. it's an exciting time for soccer in the US. wish ours was at least under construction, but maybe this time next year?????

anyway - can't wait for this season to get started!

Reactions: Kjbert
Reactions: Kjbert
View attachment 11087

oof 8 games at RBA. i better be getting credits and able to apply them to next years ST.

Reactions: moogoo and Higgs1
oof 8 games at RBA. i better be getting credits and able to apply them to next years ST.
At least for the players' sake, there's some continuity as they seem to be in bunches, and they probably prefer an actual soccer stadium given that the supporter component will be less relevant this season.

At least for the players' sake, there's some continuity as they seem to be in bunches, and they probably prefer an actual soccer stadium given that the supporter component will be less relevant this season.

yes and i get it for them ( and i guess the rest of the league has similar issues cramming so many games into this time frame) just that the optics are just bad. then again i probably would not have been able to make it to game till mid summer while im still waiting for vaccine.

still, i want something out of this from my rep credits or whatever it may be to apply to next year.

EDIT: its like we are the american travel team of the league ( i get canadian teams are playing in US venues but they all have their own homes)

Reactions: JayH
yes and i get it for them ( and i guess the rest of the league has similar issues cramming so many games into this time frame) just that the optics are just bad. then again i probably would not have been able to make it to game till mid summer while im still waiting for vaccine.

still, i want something out of this from my rep credits or whatever it may be to apply to next year.

EDIT: its like we are the american travel team of the league ( i get canadian teams are playing in US venues but they all have their own homes)

Yeah I'm very curious how they're going to handle STH. Is it going to be package options? "All YS home games Only vs. All Home games YS/RBA" credit for whatever games in the form of payment towards next season. Or even go game by game with credits for next year. I don't want credits towards buying more tickets this year as in years past. If there aren't going to be flexible options and we have the option to just pass on this season entirely I may do that. I will not be going to NJ this year, that is for certain.

Agree on all. Unfortunately, this will probably be the type of home split we see going forward until we get our own stadium, whether it's with RBA, Citi, both or somewhere else as the other "home".

Reactions: mgarbowski
Agree on all. Unfortunately, this will probably be the type of home split we see going forward until we get our own stadium, whether it's with RBA, Citi, both or somewhere else as the other "home".

even though i think citi field is farther away from me it feels like less of a pain in the ass than getting to RBA. switching to the path and then they have their own delays too in their system its just meh.

If I wanted to support a team in New Jersey I would have supported Red Bull from the beginning. If they think this shit can happen next year when the pandemic is over they are sorely mistaken. I’m on my last legs with this club.

Only 2 interconference games. Same for everyone, except 2 West teams play 3 because of the imbalance between conferences.

NYCFC is the only East conference team with an Away game against LAFC.

Two RB away games, 1 Home, but at least it is at Yankee Stadium

• Haha
Reactions: JayH
9 games at Yankee Stadium, 8 games at Red Bull Arena

1 west coast trip, Saturday May 29 at LAFC

1 west coast home opponent vs. Dallas

6 teams are played thrice:
DC (2H, 1A)
Philadelphia (1H, 2A)
Columbus (2H, 1A)
New England (2H, 1A)
Chicago (1H, 2A)
Red Bulls (1H, 2A)

Also did they try to make it hard to read? No opponent names. Just logos, in monochrome so you don't even get a visual color clue, and home game location is designated by asterix.

Yeah, not the greatest. I know all the logos. Only Montreal gave me pause because they changed the logo.

Putting the Red Bull games in orange would have been helpful, but they likely didn't want to make it too distinctive.

Reactions: mgarbowski