2024 Leagues Cup

LionNYC

Registered
Staff member
Elite Donor
Seasoned Supporter
Jan 2, 2015
New York, NY
Opt out email for additional home games just went out for City Members. Deadline is this Friday.

Reactions: mgarbowski
Well that experience did not exactly proclaim "you can be confident this works."
I mean it probably did work, but there's no confirmation of anything, including who they think you are.
At least you didn't have to schedule a time with a representative to finalize the opt out. o_O

Don't think we'll top the group given we play Cincinnati away, but here are our R32 scenarios...

We do have the benefit of playing Sunday then following Monday compared to Thursday then Monday. We and Querétaro have to travel but we get the added rest.

As E1 winner, we'd host E7 second (Atlanta, Santos Laguna, D.C.)
As E1 second, we'd travel to E5 winner (New England, Nashville, Mazatlán)

Opted out of the automatic purchases of the cup games.. Just sounds wrong to me. Opt out felt like a google survey though so I’m fully expecting to be charged and sold the tickets.

Don't think we'll top the group given we play Cincinnati away, but here are our R32 scenarios...

We do have the benefit of playing Sunday then following Monday compared to Thursday then Monday. We and Querétaro have to travel but we get the added rest.

As E1 winner, we'd host E7 second (Atlanta, Santos Laguna, D.C.)
As E1 second, we'd travel to E5 winner (New England, Nashville, Mazatlán)
Good stuff. If I understand the format correctly, if we are E1 second and we play Mazatlán, we would host.

Reactions: FootyLovin and Sabo
If I don't opt out, and we go deep into the tournament, is there a risk of highly inflated prices for knockout matches?

If I don't opt out, and we go deep into the tournament, is there a risk of highly inflated prices for knockout matches?
Probably, but with the always available additional capacity at Yankee Stadium, Citi Field, or even RBA, I can't imagine the inflated prices would be dramatically higher.

The only exception to that is if we were to get a home match against Miami in a knockout match.

Reactions: Kenny
Opt out email for additional home games just went out for City Members. Deadline is this Friday.

i feel like all knock out games will be in RBA so i think ill opt out. no chance they host a second round in YS or Citi right?

I took a quick look at the Yankees and Mets schedule.

--Round of 32: August 7-9: Citi Field is available.

--Round of 16: August 12-13: Yankee stadium could be available if they waive the 72 hour thingy. The Yankees play on Sunday the 11th and the 13th is a Tuesday. Safe to say RBA is the call on this one.

--Quarterfinals: August 16-17: Yankee Stadium is available.

--Semi Finals: August 20-21: RBA. Both Mets and Yankees home on those dates.

--Finals: August 25: Citi Field available.

Reactions: joe
Is it possible if you don’t opt out you can be stuck auto buying a game for RBA? They usually don’t force you to do that but who knows if that could happen here. If that’s possible I would def opt out.

Is it possible if you don’t opt out you can be stuck auto buying a game for RBA? They usually don’t force you to do that but who knows if that could happen here. If that’s possible I would def opt out.
I would operate on the assumption RBA games are included if that is a concern. But it's really Exhibit 47,317 in people don't know how to write. RBA is not mentioned at all. Is that because the usual rule that RBA games are optional is in effect and they just figured it was understood? Or is it because RBA games are included and they figured if they don't state the RBA exception then everyone should know it does not apply?

I took a quick look at the Yankees and Mets schedule.

--Round of 32: August 7-9: Citi Field is available.

--Round of 16: August 12-13: Yankee stadium could be available if they waive the 72 hour thingy. The Yankees play on Sunday the 11th and the 13th is a Tuesday. Safe to say RBA is the call on this one.

--Quarterfinals: August 16-17: Yankee Stadium is available.

--Semi Finals: August 20-21: RBA. Both Mets and Yankees home on those dates.

--Finals: August 25: Citi Field available.
Any other events happening at YS or CF those days? Concerts?

Any other events happening at YS or CF those days? Concerts?
Not that I'm aware of. Like I said, I only took a quick look at each teams schedule page and I never bothered to check if other events were scheduled at either venue.

ETA: I checked the Mets site and there is a Def Leppard concert at Citi Field on 8/7. Could they play a match on 8/9 if need be?
Yankee Stadium is free for the dates I mentioned. The only events they mention is Manchester City v AC Milan (July), Notre Dame v Army (November) and The Pin Stripe Bowl (December).

Last edited:
FWIW Third Rail is saying that most future home games would be at RBA. No mention of whether the normal RBA opt-in would apply.

Today's the deadline for anyone still thinking about it