2024 MLS All-Star Game

I love that Acosta got the Armband by almost default. Messi is injured and will miss it, chicho was banned for unspecified harassment reasons, so it left Acosta or Chucho.
You got me to look at the leader stats and now I'm wondering why Benteke is completely excluded from this conversation and the MVP race discussions, like this.

2nd most goals, both total and per Gm.
Same for xG (ASA).
1st for xG+ xA, both total and per Gm (ASA).
First on ASA's comprehensive Goals Added Stat total, and second (to Messi) per Gm.

OK maybe he doesn't win because his team sucks but he should be included at this point. He's having a pretty monster season.

Reactions: CCMore
I love that Acosta got the Armband by almost default. Messi is injured and will miss it, chicho was banned for unspecified harassment reasons, so it left Acosta or Chucho.
Well, fans voted before the injury or suspension.

Well, fans voted before the injury or suspension.
True, but I’m sure Messi won the fan vote by a large margin followed by the next biggest fan base which I think is Acosta anyways. I guess it could have been Chicho with LAFC fans potentially voting for him. But with them both out I’m sure that it was easier for MLS people to just pull those two out and look at only the votes of Acosta and Cucho and say Acosta “won”.