300 Section Opened Up For Opener

Unless you're backing that up with some kind of study then I don't really buy this argument I'm afraid. You can't cherry pick your arguments as to whether or not it's a good thing that you're playing in a major market - when OCSC attendances start dropping off I'm sure they'd be the first to start saying "Oh, well our catchment area is nowhere near as big as NYCFC's".
Early sales numbers are showing that they already already sold 40k for their second home game on the 21rst

Orlando has announced they have sold out the Citrus Bowl for Sunday's game, so no reason we can't do the same for Yankee Stadium a week later.
...well besides the fact it will be in the 70s in Orlando and probably 30s here. 40s if we're lucky!

Then there's the fact that we are a brand new team and they are an existing team moving up to the top league.

But other than that, fill the stadium!

Reactions: Kjbert
Well Stubhub is moving tickets very quickly now. Already today about 60 tickets have sold and probably a few hundred in the last few days alone.

I just checked out Ticketmaster again and it looks as if they may be close to selling out the 300 level.

When they first released these seats TM was offering Section 332A out by the left field foul pole. A moment ago I went through the motions of buying tickets and they offered me seats in Section 308 on the opposite side of the stadium.

They also have a bunch of sections up in the 400 level shaded pink (Category 7 pricing). I never noticed if these sections were shaded previously, but I wonder if this means they might be getting ready to open up the 400's???

Hell, I just went through the motions of looking for tickets to the Union game. That match has the use the map feature working and they don't show either the 300 or 400 as being available for sale.

Jeez, I don't want to jinx anything, but it just may be we get close to 40K for the New England game.

Apparently all of Yankee Stadium is opened based on the Ticketmaster picture of Yankee Stadium for the event. Some of the 400s are category 6, others are 7.
62021s.gif

Reactions: Paul and Kjbert
It is a bit opaque but I think they are selling terrace seats one or two sections at a time and filling them up before moving on to the next. At the rate they are going it does look like they will sell out the Terrace, but who knows whether they will open the Grandstand or not.

Shame they won't be open for more games, some of these seats have great views.

Reactions: Paul