Home - March 10 - D.C.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Join us on March 10th for the home opener vs. DC United:

• 12:30pm – 2:30pm: Join us at Billy’s Sports Bar for the Heineken Pre-match Party
  • 1:30pm– All stadium gates open to the public
  • 2:20pm – Warmups begin
  • 2:50pm– Be in your seats for pre-match ceremonies!
  • 2:55pm – Starting XI’s announced
  • 3:00pm – New York’s Bravest and Finest lead New York City’s team onto the pitch
  • 3:03pm – Join in with Victory Boyd as she performs the National Anthem
  • 3:06pm – The smoke stacks are set-off to kickoff the 2019 season
  • 3:08pm – Kickoff

Reactions: Kjbert
Join us on March 10th for the home opener vs. DC United:

• 12:30pm – 2:30pm: Join us at Billy’s Sports Bar for the Heineken Pre-match Party
  • 1:30pm– All stadium gates open to the public
  • 2:20pm – Warmups begin
  • 2:50pm– Be in your seats for pre-match ceremonies!
  • 2:55pm – Starting XI’s announced
  • 3:00pm – New York’s Bravest and Finest lead New York City’s team onto the pitch
  • 3:03pm – Join in with Victory Boyd as she performs the National Anthem
  • 3:06pm – The smoke stacks are set-off to kickoff the 2019 season
  • 3:08pm – Kickoff
Stan's is a better bar.

I also prefer JLew has an adrenaline boost off of the bench in the last 20-25 mins of the game, not as a starter. But he has to get minutes, not having him in the 18 is stupid.

Not for nothin', but I love the graphics you guys use on that site.

Really high quality of writing ability on your site. Super impressed with what you guys are doing. Quickly becoming essential reading.

Thanks! We've been putting a lot of work into this project so this is cool to hear. Really all I want for The Outfield is to expand the interesting conversations that we have on the forums/Twitter/reddit/podcasts and give them pretty pictures.

National Weather Service says during the game it will be around 40 degrees with only a small chance of rain.

Not a bad forecast, but it’s trending cooler than I would like (yesterday it said around 50).

View attachment 9633
Having dealt with 17-30º all week, I can handle 40º, and prefer that dry to 50º wet.

Not for nothin', but I love the graphics you guys use on that site.
That's actually one of the biggest complaints ive heard from people who use the site. That the graphics are completely random and have nothing to do with the articles themselves. They're also very in your face.

Everyone, however, agrees the content is amazing

Last edited:
I wrote about some stuff to watch for this weekend.

I know you didn't write the linked article about DC United in 2018, but maybe you can confirm something for me anyway. It says the average home xG is 1.165 times average, and the average away xG is of course 0.835 times average. This means, therefore that combined, being the home team is worth a 0.33 xG advantage per game on average, correct? I believe that is how it reads and also how it must work, but I know from experience that even smart people writing about numbers are not always clear on such things, and surprisingly, I sometimes make mistakes myself, so I want to double check.

Re your piece, finding a way thru a parked bus was a problem in much of Dome's time here, and when we managed to do so early enough, it usually opened up the other team and made additional goals come much easier, and that just didn't happen much over the last 13 games. I do hope Torrent has come up with something better and we'll see whether Villa's absence forces creativity . As for your last point, I'll believe this team has mastered, or even gained mediocrity on, set pieces when they start having success.

Last edited:
First home opener Villa won’t be scoring in. :((Yeah, I’m not over it, don’t judge me)
Seriously, given the improvements in the squad other than the 9, if they announced at the game tomorrow that Villa was coming back from Japan, would you even be excited?

Yeah. Me too.

Reactions: Christopher Jee
Beer on me to the first person who provides a legitimate un-doctored weather forecast that doesn't include some sort of precipitation.

Beer, please.

Attachments

• 54F3C796-4BEF-4A65-B95F-E324244E03D2.png
    54F3C796-4BEF-4A65-B95F-E324244E03D2.png
    448.7 KB · Views: 15
Reactions: JayH
Status
Not open for further replies.