A Mlb Conundrum

kas_tippler

Registered
Mar 15, 2015
Manchester innit
Due to family connections I've been a Red Sox follower for a good few years, but now I'm a NYCFC supporter should I change teams to The Yankees?
A simple yes or no will suffice

Due to family connections I've been a Red Sox follower for a good few years, but now I'm a NYCFC supporter should I change teams to The Yankees?
A simple yes or no will suffice
No way this can be a simple yes or no answer kas!

If you are even considering a change in allegiance you were never a Red Sox fan to begin with!!!;);) Die hard (and life long 49 yrs) Red Sox guy here... Sorry guys!! I have kept it quiet on this forum as long as I can. LOL

I live in NY (Albany) and have come to grips with supporting a team owned in part with the Yankees. More important to me to be in on the ground floor of NYCFC and leave my baseball dilemma at the gates on match day!!

No way this can be a simple yes or no answer kas!

If you are even considering a change in allegiance you were never a Red Sox fan to begin with!!!;);) Die hard (and life long 49 yrs) Red Sox guy here... Sorry guys!! I have kept it quiet on this forum as long as I can. LOL

I live in NY (Albany) and some how to grips with supporting a team owned in part with the Yankees. More important to me to be in on the ground floor of NYCFC and leave my baseball dilemma at the gates on match day!!

I've never seen the Red Sox play but I've seen the Yankees play once, a defeat to Tampa. I've always considered the Red Sox a bit like MCFC and the Yankees to our local rivals. Although I've been to Fenway but never been to Yankee Stadium. I've got a a Red Sox cap but not anything Yankee also a signed picture of Don Zimmer & Carl Yastrzemski somewhere

I've never seen the Red Sox play but I've seen the Yankees play once, a defeat to Tampa. I've always considered the Red Sox a bit like MCFC and the Yankees to our local rivals. Although I've been to Fenway but never been to Yankee Stadium. I've got a a Red Sox cap but not anything Yankee also a signed picture of Don Zimmer & Carl Yastrzemski somewhere
kas, your MLB decision is the exact same thing I went thru when deciding on a BPL team to follow 3 years ago. I had no rooting interest in any team at the beginning but spent alot of time researching teams, history's etc. and found numerous articles comparing the Red Sox to Liverpool. Since Liverpool is owned by the Red Sox ownership group it was a natural for me...... I suggest you go that route and take the Yankees in as your MLB team. It's a natural connection between the teams (NYCFC and Yankees). If for some reason it doesn't feel right I will gladly accept you back as a Red Sox Fan!!!:)

Reactions: Goodfella
I'm a yankee fan and I hate the red sox (and that's the reason why I couldn't support Liverpool), BUT I'd lose respect for you if you changed baseball teams like that .:D changing baseball teams is one thing, but something like going from the red sox to the yankees (and vice versa) is sacrilege.

and I bet once we move out and have our own soccer-specific stadium, the yankees will slowly distance themselves from NYCFC (but will gladly take money from other clubs to host friendlies at yankee stadium).

Reactions: Albany_NYCFC