Already 1000 Members Paid For Third Rail !!

Help out on the board of you want to know where the money is going. Saying that because you paid thirty measly dollars you are entitled to an accounting of their finances is silly. Go ask Costco to open their books to you next time you renew your membership.
Costco does open their books every quarter. Fail.

Also, I would argue that a member of the third rail is more a part of the organization than is a member at Costco.

I don't think its a big deal but shouldn't this be more about building a core of hardcore fans? Seems quite corporate.

Costco does open their books every quarter. Fail.

Also, I would argue that a member of the third rail is more a part of the organization than is a member at Costco.
They open their books? To whom? Stockholders? Do you own stock in the Third Rail? Like I said, donate your time, like the rest of the board does, and you can satisfy your curiosity as to if your big 30 bucks are being spent the way you like.

Volunteering is a totally thankless job, and for the guys doing this to have to be subject to insinuations that they are pocketing money is absurd.

Reactions: Drainyoo
They open their books? To whom? Stockholders? Do you own stock in the Third Rail? Like I said, donate your time, like the rest of the board does, and you can satisfy your curiosity as to if your big 30 bucks are being spent the way you like.

Volunteering is a totally thankless job, and for the guys doing this to have to be subject to insinuations that they are pocketing money is absurd.
They open their books to everybody. Like every publicly traded company. And if you read my post instead of whining about imaginary insinuations, you would know that my point included the fact that TR Member is more part of an organization than a regular consumer.

Also, nobody is insinuating anything about what has been done with the money. We just think at some point we should be shown what that is.

Also, what's the big deal about opening the books, unless something wrong is being done? I am sure TR will be happy to do so.

That leaves oversensitive fans to complain about a request with literally no downside. Hooray for you. I am done.

Well, if all of this is costing NYCFC $5 per member, and they are pocketing [emphasis added] the rest as profits, I would ask for more benefits or lower costs.
And the third rail is not publicly traded.

And I am glad you are done, leave these guys alone.

Help out on the board of you want to know where the money is going. Saying that because you paid thirty measly dollars you are entitled to an accounting of their finances is silly. Go ask Costco to open their books to you next time you renew your membership.

This a thousand times. Some people think they're entitled to everything just because they spend some money.

Reactions: DiRoma
Also, what's the big deal about opening the books, unless something wrong is being done? I am sure TR will be happy to do so.

Nothing wrong with it at all, but I don't see why certain people keep complaining about it. They just started, and it seems like they haven't done anything wrong to warrant an inquisition.

Reactions: DiRoma
And the third rail is not publicly traded.

And I am glad you are done, leave these guys alone.

It was an example to illustrate a point, not an accusation

Nothing wrong with it at all, but I don't see why certain people keep complaining about it. They just started, and it seems like they haven't done anything wrong to warrant an inquisition.

Nobody is complaining.

PS "I'm done" means hit the ignore button. Seen enough of you guys.

If you are a member of the Third Rail check your email. There is a contest going on that will send one winner to tomorrow's Expansion Priority Draft draw between NYCFC and Orlando.

WOW Tough crowd. this is why i stopped being on boards and committees
I am not a TR member yet but will join before the end of the year to get the scarf and help get them off the ground.
4 memberships sounds like a great group
I am in the printed t-shirt business and looked into scarves. 1000 custom would cost $7 and change each including shipping.
Are these guys doing the Tifo?
I watched a Timbers Army video the other day. The warehouse they have would cost about $10k a month around here before they even start the Tifo and I would think they would need some kind of truck to transfer all the stuff from the warehouse to the stadium.
Most of the stuff they list is game associated so its a little early to ask for accountability

I can't believe the argument going on in this thread! Instead of celebrating with the OP about reaching the membership milestone of 1000 members so quickly without gamedays (Hoooooray!!! Congratz guys! :)) it turned into an unwarranted accountability debate within ONE POST after the opener! Seriously! What the heck is going on here?!! :confused:

Reactions: Goodfella
I can't believe the argument going on in this thread! Instead of celebrating with the OP about reaching the membership milestone of 1000 members so quickly without gamedays (Hoooooray!!! Congratz guys! :)) it turned into an unwarranted accountability debate within ONE POST after the opener! Seriously! What the heck is going on here?!! :confused:
Welcome to the internet. If you have any questions let us know.

Rumors are that they will close their books at year end and after all operating costs for 2014 are accounted for they will purchase 2 season tickets and give them to me. This hasn't been confirmed just yet but discussions are on going.

Reactions: Drainyoo
Honestly, why do people care so much about what they're doing with the money? Let's just say all of it goes to paying the people who run TR, what's so bad with that? These folks obviously have to donate their own time to organize and manage TR, why shouldn't they be compensated? I could be wrong, but it seems like the group that runs TR is a decent size. Dividing $30,000 amongst them doesn't equal very much per person. But I doubt all the money is going in their pockets. Things cost money, I assume. Don't they clearly list the benefits? Don't you all get membership cards? That right there probably costs a grand. Aren't you all getting scarves? Another grand right there.

This isn't some massive corporate entity that needs to be transparent. To be clear, I'm not a TR member, nor plan to be, I just don't get the obsession with this. I've seen it mentioned a few times already.
Why do you care that we care? It's a very reasonable request and you lose a little standing in the discussion when you admit you're not a member.
Why do you care that we care? It's a very reasonable request and you lose a little standing in the discussion when you admit you're not a member.
TYPICAL AMERICAN RESPONSE FROM "FRED MERTZ" WHAT AN APPROPRIATE NAME.

Cut out the personal attacks, guys. We can have debates - we can even have arguments - without resorting to slandering each other. It doesn't make your argument any stronger.

Reactions: Ahab_Flanders