Andrea Pirlo [Midfielder]

Anyone source the cheers? Everyone around our section was oddly silent or politely clapping.

I cheered him on. He may be at the end of his career, but he's been all class through the process. And I'm not sure what everyone else was watching, but he laid out some nice passes, placing the ball where players were expected to run to (though the players missed those runs - looking at you mikey). I also like that he had ring at his side with a 3 man back line behind him. He needs that help these days. Maybe with Maxi out for a while we see more Pirlo in a 3232 formation. We've also seen uggo out there with Villa, frees up more room to operate.

Villa Uggo
Wallace ring jack
Yangel pirlo
Callens brilliant chanot
SJ

Anyone source the cheers? Everyone around our section was oddly silent or politely clapping.

Supporters Section went crazy for him and cheered every time he touched the ball. I was honestly scared he would get booed so im pleasantly suprised.

Jock Jock. as someone who stands int he supporters section i can guarantee you they were not ironic.

BRANDI CHASTAIN Must have had or hired people to cheer him when he took the pitch ! Listen Bitch I'v waited 12 years to suck the life out of his :eggplant: !!! :p:p:p

Supporters Section went crazy for him and cheered every time he touched the ball. I was honestly scared he would get booed so im pleasantly suprised.

Jock Jock. as someone who stands int he supporters section i can guarantee you they were not ironic.

I was glad people supported him. Can't be easy for a guy like that to get phased out.

Reactions: SanBartG
My section of 228 stood and cheered. And any time he touched the ball they cheered. I think it was equal parts irony and admiration. For all any of us know, those could have been his last touches in

Reactions: Christopher Jee
My section of 228 stood and cheered. And any time he touched the ball they cheered. I think it was equal parts irony and admiration. For all any of us know, those could have been his last touches in

I hope not only cause I wasn't there. And I would like the club to do something formally before or after his last game (not benched game). Yes, he's had a bad year and yes he needs to retire. But he deserves a proper send off.

I hope not only cause I wasn't there. And I would like the club to do something formally before or after his last game (not benched game). Yes, he's had a bad year and yes he needs to retire. But he deserves a proper send off.

hes had a bad year? the dude has been injured.

Last game?

what crack are you guys smoking because i need to get me some....

Reactions: Christopher Jee
Guys, everyone is so sensitive. I simply asked a question. I don't care if people cheer him or not. I certainly wouldn't support booing him. When they announce it's his last appearance, I'll cheer his ass harder than I've ever cheered anyone.

Last night, I was still too nervy to be too excited. PTSD from Lurch and seeing many slow passes back to the keeper from Pirlo. Honestly, way too much, "oh shit, we're only up by 2" going through my head to give a testimonial cheer.

Guys, everyone is so sensitive. I simply asked a question. I don't care if people cheer him or not. I certainly wouldn't support booing him. When they announce it's his last appearance, I'll cheer his ass harder than I've ever cheered anyone.

Last night, I was still too nervy to be too excited. PTSD from Lurch and seeing many slow passes back to the keeper from Pirlo. Honestly, way too much, "oh shit, we're only up by 2" going through my head to give a testimonial cheer.
I believe this is the real you ! but i also suspect you may still be drinking from last nights win !!;)

hes had a bad year? the dude has been injured.

Last game?

what crack are you guys smoking because i need to get me some....

The guy has not been injured the entire season and didn't have a single assist when he was healthy. After recovering from the injury, he's been on the bench for a reason.

Don't misunderstand me. I'm not a Pirlo hater but not an apologist either. I am a fan, always have been and always will be. But by any objective measure, he hasn't been playing as well (when he was healthy) as he had in past years. Regardless, I do take issue with the comments of some that are needlessly disrespectful. Whatever his shortcomings may be NOW, they weren't always so and he should not be lumped in with some of the other players on this team that aren't performing to expectations.

The guy has not been injured the entire season and didn't have a single assist when he was healthy. After recovering from the injury, he's been on the bench for a reason.

Don't misunderstand me. I'm not a Pirlo hater but not an apologist either. I am a fan, always have been and always will be. But by any objective measure, he hasn't been playing as well (when he was healthy) as he had in past years. Regardless, I do take issue with the comments of some that are needlessly disrespectful. Whatever his shortcomings may be NOW, they weren't always so and he should not be lumped in with some of the other players on this team that aren't performing to expectations.

Pirlo has never been know for his assists though, nor for his goal scoring. Look at his career stats. If thats what u were expecting then you were in for a let down from the start. Thats just not what he does.

ETA: if your talking about me being disrespectful, I apologize. Definitely not intended. #WEAREONE

seeing many slow passes back to the keeper from Pirlo.

One successful pass back to the keeper.

Attachments

• pirlo.JPG
    pirlo.JPG
    56.6 KB · Views: 7