Andrea Pirlo [Midfielder]

Italy should be announcing their team for the coming UEFA qualifiers vs Azerbaijan on October 10th and Norway October 13th. If he's called up he probably won't be available for our game vs Orlando on the 16th. This could be big.

Words can't describe how I don't want this to happen. I've wanted to see Pirlo on the pitch live for 13 years.

I am driving 3 hours with my sons to see Pirlo for the first time in Orlando. We will all be super bummed if he's not starting.

Last edited:
So if Italy plays Norway on Oct 13th there's no way Pirlo plays in Orlando on the 16th, right?

Depends. Pirlo played in Italy's Euro qualifier against Malta on 9/3, but was benched against Bulgaria on 9/6 and still made it back to start for NYCFC against Dallas on 9/12

I love Pirlo, but a younger DP star would be equally fantastic, whether there is one who is both of high quality like Lamps/villa/pirlo and actually willing to come to MLS is another question. Hopefully Giovinco's example will likely make it much more tempting to younger players.

Still, Pirlo is a sexy sexy man and it's amazing to watch him.