Anyone Able To Watch Nycfc Games On Mobile?

J

James Coker

I am a Time Warner Cable customer and am trying to find a way to watch NYCFC games on my iPhone or iPad when I am not able to make it to the game or watch it at home.

The Fox Sports GO App does not allow me to watch NYCFC matches because I live in NYC. The MLS Direct Kick service would also black out NYCFC games if I were to subscribe to it. The TWC TV app does not allow me to watch the games either. I have all Fox Sports channels and YES Network in my cable package.

Any suggestions? Any plans for YES Network to develop a mobile app?

Seems like the TWC app should let you watch games as long as you have the channel in your cable package. I've watched games on my ipad via the Optimum app. Or are you asking about games that aren't televised live/on channels you get?

I've watched matches on my iPhone. I sign into the Fox Sports Go app with my Time Warner credentials and it lets me choose YES shows. Also, you *have to* be in New York to see it. I tried it up in Boston and it wouldn't show me the match because I was out of the YES broadcast area (meaning it wanted me to watch it on MLS Live instead).

So basically I'm seeing the opposite of what you're seeing. Can fully test it for the New England match (unless I go up there for it). You can try it with the Michael Kay show tomorrow at 5pm, just to see if it works. Are you getting the TWC logo in the upper left corner of the app? If you're not that means you're not really signed in and it won't work.