Away - 04/24 Chicago

Lol, check out our match report on whoscored.com: http://www.whoscored.com/Matches/914842/MatchReport

They use stats to come up with each team's strengths and weaknesses that were on display during the game. This week:

(Team showed no significant strengths)

Here's the biggest problem:

Commited a high number of individual errors

Still, we covered enough for each other to keep them to just one goal on the fluke. Keep the faith guys, things will click eventually.

i don't think that we are as bad as this string of results would lead people to believe.

however, we need more precision on the offensive side of thing.

Try not to laugh too hard but I thought that under the circumstances that was a pretty good game. With 11 on the field we dominated possession while on the road. And in fact we've had a lot of possession in almost all our matches. Also, consider that with 10 players we still held them to one fluke goal. And yes, that was horrible, mind you, but without that we maybe would have come away with a point.

But let's put that aside. With 10 on the field the possession was almost even. We could have won that game almost as easily as we lost it, and that's pretty much true of all our matches so far. Do we need to improve? Absolutely. Could we use better players? Of course, but then one could argue that we're doing OK with who we have considering we've only played a handful of matches and have had a lot of injuries.

I've got no problem with people criticizing the team but this is just a big pile-on. Did anyone honestly expect us to win the league this year? Yes, we can play better, but every game has at least been competitive. And vastly entertaining I might add.

And along with many others I was really pissed off about the whole Lampard thing. But you know what? When he gets here we'll be a much better team. And yes, he's not 24, but even if we only have him for half a season and then next year we'll be hugely better when he gets here. I'm looking forward to the summer. If Villa gets healthy and Lampard can deliver we can perhaps make a great showing in the league in our first year.

So yeah, I'm going to go to the stadium another dozen or so times, going to immensely enjoy all those cheesesteaks, and I'm going to chant all day in 237. Have we won? Not much. But we've also not lost any matches 6-1 either. And with one more great shot per game we'd be near the top of the table. I can't see how we could ask for much more than that in our first season.

So sure, yell all you want. But I'm going to support the team win or lose. When I got my tickets I thought, "hey, it'll be fun to go see some soccer." But somehow I ended up fiercely loving the team and I never expected that. Yes, we've scored almost no goals so far but that'll come with time as will the wins. But hey, win or lose I'll be there.

Seth

Cheesesteaks: New York City Football Club's Official Matchday Food™

wait where are there cheesesteaks

Go in gate 6, make a right when you get to the seats, they're right there. Carl's Steaks. If you come in some other gate they're near section 107.

NYCFC: Promoting better soccer through good stadium food since 2015.™

Seth

how to reconcile my desire to avoid gate 6's bullshit lines (normally go in 8) with my desire for cheesesteaks...

We gave Jacobson the Bronx Cheer award for being the weakest player this week, but our choice for strongest player might surprise some of you.

Check out Ep 15 of Blue City Radio on iTunes, Stitcher or Soundcloud to hear our recap of "What Game?" and our preview of Seattle.