Away - Dallas 09/12

Status
Not open for further replies.
I shake my head at the scheduling - they have a full 15 days off, then have 3 games in 8 days right after that. I guess YS is partly to blame since they need to fit their schedule around the Yanks.

Also crazy how some teams have played 4-5 more games than others at this stage, with roughly 2 months of the schedule left to go.

Reactions: Mikeylito
I shake my head at the scheduling - they have a full 15 days off, then have 3 games in 8 days right after that. I guess YS is partly to blame since they need to fit their schedule around the Yanks.

Also crazy how some teams have played 4-5 more games than others at this stage, with roughly 2 months of the schedule left to go.
Coming up, presumably to help get things back in alignment, we have one week in which exactly half the league plays and the other half is off, and then 5 weeks later there is a week in which only 5 teams play, and one of them, Montreal, plays twice.

Reactions: FootyLovin
Coming up, presumably to help get things back in alignment, we have one week in which exactly half the league plays and the other half is off, and then 5 weeks later there is a week in which only 5 teams play, and one of them, Montreal, plays twice.

These are weekends that fall during FIFA international match dates, so I think the intention is to limit their effect on the league while it's in the midst of a playoff race. The league also played an abbreviated schedule during the last FIFA break in mid-June, but not on the one before that in late March.

Not that I really want to defend the league's scheduling, which is basically crazy.

http://www.fifa.com/aboutfifa/calendar/events.html

Last edited:
These are weekends that fall during FIFA international match dates, so I think the intention is to limit their effect on the league while it's in the midst of a playoff race. The league also played an abbreviated schedule during the last FIFA break in mid-June, but not on the one before that in late March.

Not that I really want to defend the league's scheduling, which is basically crazy.

http://www.fifa.com/aboutfifa/calendar/events.html
So I guess it's a combination of taking a week off to limit the effect of national callups, and still playing teams like Montreal who have to make up games. A few other teams who might not need to make up games also end up playing just to give teams like Montreal someone to play. Thanks for the additional info.

With no Bradley for Peru, can we assume Mix will be in for the 4th. We're really lucky that we're on a bye.

Since Kreis has been tinkering with the lineup:

-------------------Johansen-------------------
---Angelino--Mena--Hernandez--Iraola---
-------Mix--------Pirlo--------Jacobson-----
-------Mullins-----Poku-------Villa---------

---------------------------Saunders---------------------------
---3 of those metal yellow training dummies----Watson-Siriboe---
-----Grabavoy--Jacobsen--Velasquez---Ballouchy-----
--------------Nemec------Bernie Williams--------

yolo
If Bernie Williams plays forward half as bad as he played the national anthem then he fits this lineup perfectly.

Reactions: The Toe and AJS
Kreis: Mix you're not starting today.
Mix: Why not?
Kreis: Because you weren't here for the last two weeks of practice.
Mix: I was on national team duty. I've left before and started our next game.
Kreis: But we've perfected our system and tactical lineup.
Mix: Is Pirlo in the lineup?
Kreis: Yes.
Mix: Pirlo was in Europe for the past two weeks, at least I was in the states.
Kreis: Right, but Pirlo is Pirlo.
Mix: And I'm Mix.
Kreis: Exactly and Grabavoy is Grabavoy.

---------------------------Saunders---------------------------
---3 of those metal yellow training dummies----Watson-Siriboe---
-----Grabavoy--Jacobsen--Velasquez---Ballouchy-----
--------------Nemec------Bernie Williams--------

yolo

you would bench a 4th metal yellow training dummy in favor of watson Siriboe?

Do you want us to lose?

Kreis: Mix you're not starting today.
Mix: Why not?
Kreis: Because you weren't here for the last two weeks of practice.
Mix: I was on national team duty. I've left before and started our next game.
Kreis: But we've perfected our system and tactical lineup.
Mix: Is Pirlo in the lineup?
Kreis: Yes.
Mix: Pirlo was in Europe for the past two weeks, at least I was in the states.
Kreis: Right, but Pirlo is Pirlo.
Mix: And I'm Mix.
Kreis: Exactly and Grabavoy is Grabavoy.

This exact conversation/situation will happen. Mix will go to the NT, sit on the bench for 2 games (but yet need the "rest" from "playing" 2 games while everyone was on break), then come back and be dumped from the lineup for being at NT duty. He'll come in on the ~70th minute replacing Tommy Mac - on the wing, of course, not centrally. And Pirlo will go a full 90.

Reactions: BxLio91
Status
Not open for further replies.