Away - Dallas 09/12

Status
Not open for further replies.
Merely a glimmer of hope or not, this game is a true statement game. Let's see what this team looks like after a brutal loss, the grumbling from a disappointed fan base, being called quitters by your coach, 2 weeks to fume, 2 weeks to reflect, 2 weeks to rest, 2 weeks to prepare, and an opportunity to make one last gasp at the playoffs. That should be far more than enough for any team to come out and play a spirited, driven game even against a great team. A positive result could be a launching pad to a positive finish to the season (playoffs or not). However, if they show up and shit the bed given everything leading up to this match, then [I won't finish this thought, as I am expecting/hoping/praying for the former.] Signed, a blue brightsider.

Merely a glimmer of hope or not, this game is a true statement game. Let's see what this team looks like after a brutal loss, the grumbling from a disappointed fan base, being called quitters by your coach, 2 weeks to fume, 2 weeks to reflect, 2 weeks to rest, 2 weeks to prepare, and an opportunity to make one last gasp at the playoffs. That should be far more than enough for any team to come out and play a spirited, driven game even against a great team. A positive result could be a launching pad to a positive finish to the season (playoffs or not). However, if they show up and shit the bed given everything leading up to this match, then [I won't finish this thought, as I am expecting/hoping/praying for the former.] Signed, a blue brightsider.

I am going to assume you were high when you posted this at 4.21pm yesterday.

Reactions: Christopher Jee
I am going to assume you were high when you posted this at 4.21pm yesterday.
I wish. My point is that they should be able to fire themselves up for this one given the circumstances. If they can't, the issues run deeper than many may suspect. They still have a chance to restore some positivity with the games they have left, and show the character and heart Kreis suggests they don't have. Playoffs are likely a sadder and different story.

Last edited:
Kreis: Mix you're not starting today.
Mix: Why not?
Kreis: Because you weren't here for the last two weeks of practice.
Mix: I was on national team duty. I've left before and started our next game.
Kreis: But we've perfected our system and tactical lineup.
Mix: Is Pirlo in the lineup?
Kreis: Yes.
Mix: Pirlo was in Europe for the past two weeks, at least I was in the states.
Kreis: Right, but Pirlo is Pirlo.
Mix: And I'm Mix.
Kreis: Exactly and Grabavoy is Grabavoy.

While Mix was on the pitch as a CENTRAL midfielder during National Team-duty against Peru and Brazil, the US "won" 3-0.
It is either stupid or rather sad to bench him or not have him play as a CM.
As Mix said in an interview, he can only help so much while sitting on the bench or warming up.

As I've been predicting for over a month, Saturday we begin our 7-game win streak to close the season.

Hoping makes it so.
I agree with you. The extra long break works in our favor it gives the new guys actual practice time to gel. I think we turn the corner and start to play well here on out.

Reactions: JayH and FootyLovin
Wow that Barrios looked a bit of a handful at Columbus.

Really looking forward to this. I'll be there to represent - though it is a trip of only about 5 miles for me to make.

Bonus for anyone planning to go - the predicted temp is only going to be in the lower 80's. It is ordinarily hellish to watch matches there.

Another tip - if you are going and have not gotten tickets yet. They will surely be available as FC Dallas does not draw for shit. But DO ABSOLUTELY get seats if possible on the west side of the ground where you are going to get shade from the main concourse. These would be sections 102-110.

Even in the lower 80's, sitting anywhere else there even in the evening sun is just utterly beyond brutal.

Shelton/Calle back practicing fully. Iroala out for 3-4 weeks. I think we need to toss a lot of money at Eva Carneiro and get here over here. Chelsea doesn't want her around and we can desperately use her. I have to believe that our strength and conditioning coach and/or training staff needs a change this off season.

I think we need to toss a lot of money at Eva Carneiro and get here over here.
1000% yes
love.jpg

we could even put her in the team:

Shelton/Calle back practicing fully. Iroala out for 3-4 weeks. I think we need to toss a lot of money at Eva Carneiro and get here over here. Chelsea doesn't want her around and we can desperately use her. I have to believe that our strength and conditioning coach and/or training staff needs a change this off season.

I think this is probably all positive news. Getting Shelton back would be great. And I still think there is a role for Calle in terms of adding some depth (he was good against Orlando when he came back last time) so that we don't have to bring guys like Velazquez in. I probably wouldn't pay to keep him next year, but he could be useful this year.

As for Iraola, I hope he works out long-term, but the system isn't working right now given how many times we've gotten exposed on that side. I'm open with someone like Allen or Brovsky who will stay at home for the time being while we sort out how to play fullbacks who bomb forward despite the fact that we have no defensive midfielders.

Reactions: Paul
I think this is probably all positive news. Getting Shelton back would be great. And I still think there is a role for Calle in terms of adding some depth (he was good against Orlando when he came back last time) so that we don't have to bring guys like Velazquez in. I probably wouldn't pay to keep him next year, but he could be useful this year.

As for Iraola, I hope he works out long-term, but the system isn't working right now given how many times we've gotten exposed on that side. I'm open with someone like Allen or Brovsky who will stay at home for the time being while we sort out how to play fullbacks who bomb forward despite the fact that we have no defensive midfielders.
Yeah I hope Calle won't be back. He's ok but overpriced and the buyout is far too much.

Saunders, Allen, Mena, Hernandez, Facey, Pirlo, Lampard, Mix, Poku, Villa, Shelton (wishful thinking)

Given that we get brutalized on the counter-attack anyway, and it will be a particular problem with a team like Dallas, I love the approach of going all in on offense and dropping the pretense that Jacobson offers any defensive solidity. Would love to see this, and I'd be fine with Mullins in place of Shelton too, with Shelton coming on for the last 30 mins. Would go Angelino-Facey-Mena-Allen at the back though.

Reactions: FootyLovin and JayH
Given that we get brutalized on the counter-attack anyway, and it will be a particular problem with a team like Dallas, I love the approach of going all in on offense and dropping the pretense that Jacobson offers any defensive solidity. Would love to see this, and I'd be fine with Mullins in place of Shelton too, with Shelton coming on for the last 30 mins. Would go Angelino-Facey-Mena-Allen at the back though.
Agreed. Oversight on 69 and edited.

You want to play both Pirlo and Fat Frank in the midfield in 80+ degrees in Dallas against Dallas' kids? Boy.

Status
Not open for further replies.