Away DC United April 8

dark knight

Registered
Mar 11, 2016
Sorry if this doesn't belong here or needs a merge - couldn't find a thread.....I'm thinking of going to the away game in DC next month and wondering if there is a Supporters Section I should try to sit in?

Reactions: Jose Turcios
Sorry if this doesn't belong here or needs a merge - couldn't find a thread.....I'm thinking of going to the away game in DC next month and wondering if there is a Supporters Section I should try to sit in?
I know the Third Rail just sent out an email about a bus down to DC. Reach out to them on twitter or Facebook if you're not a member.

Reactions: Jose Turcios
I've just done some research on this as I will be attending the match (I have a business trip in DC that weekend).

Apparently the Away Supporter's section is 318 and you can either get your tickets via your supporters group (in our case Third Rail, as mentioned above) which negotiates the ticket purchase with their front office or call 202-587-5000 directly to purchase tickets. I have confirmed through trial-and-error that you cannot purchase tickets for 318 online (though, there are tickets currently available in 217 adjacent to it and in a slightly better view).

I may reach out to them via twitter to see if I can get tickets through their purchase since I'll be attending alone.

Anyone else on here making the trip?

Reactions: dark knight
The family and I are going. Got great seats at midfield slightly shaded toward away bench side for ~$50 each including fees. Family is taking a week long road trip with additional stops in Charleston, St Pete and Havana.

Reactions: SebastianBlue
D.C. United sets the price, Third Rail just sells them. The price is a bit higher for non-members though, since it's $25 for members for this match and $30 for non-members.

D.C. United sets the price, Third Rail just sells them. The price is a bit higher for non-members though, since it's $25 for members for this match and $30 for non-members.
They are currently 35.00 (I just purchased one as I want to sit with our supporters and the price difference between 216 price of $20 and their markup for 318 really is not important to me).

The only thing I am concerned about is I chose digital delivery (since I can't pick them up and they would likely not arrive by mail before I leave for the trip) but nothing on their site explains when I should expect the tickets via email or some other digital access system.

They are currently 35.00 (I just purchased one as I want to sit with our supporters and the price difference between 216 price of $20 and their markup for 318 really is not important to me).

The only thing I am concerned about is I chose digital delivery (since I can't pick them up and they would likely not arrive by mail before I leave for the trip) but nothing on their site explains when I should expect the tickets via email or some other digital access system.
If they do what they did for Orlando, you'll get a link to the mobile ticket a few days prior.

If they do what they did for Orlando, you'll get a link to the mobile ticket a few days prior.
Thanks again for the info.

Moved to the US recently so learning the ins and outs of home and away attendance here—it's a bit different to the systems I am used to.

Tickets will be handed out at RFK by NYCFC staff. This will be the process for all away trips for the foreseeable future. You did the right thing selecting digital delivery but it will actually be a physical delivery on game day.

Tickets will be handed out at RFK by NYCFC staff. This will be the process for all away trips for the foreseeable future. You did the right thing selecting digital delivery but it will actually be a physical delivery on game day.
Thanks for the clarification—is there any information on the site that I missed that explains where I should go at RFK to pick them up or will that be posted on the site later?

I guess they mark them up like $10 a ticket?

That is correct. Members of The Third Rail purchase at cost and non-members pay cost plus $10. Most people that purchase at non-member price only attend one or two away trips with us per season. Anyone considering attending 3 or more should consider joining The Third Rail.

Reactions: dark knight
Thanks for the clarification—is there any information on the site that I missed that explains where I should go at RFK to pick them up or will that be posted on the site later?

No, you didn't miss anything. You will receive an e-mail with detailed instructions from NYCFC directly. It's a brand new process so I'm learning bits about it myself. This is all stuff I used to handle personally for The Third Rail but that is no longer the case.

I hope they have revised the process since last year's October match where the distribution was a bit messy and almost cost us entering the stadium in time.