Away - Revs 09/10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Geez - cancel your trip now and go sit in the corner until you can calmly say that you coincidentally do not bring a flavorful mojo to away games. We're not messing with superstitious shit like this - stay home and buy yourself a six pack for your sofa.
It has to end at some point! Insert sunk cost fallacy analogy.

We beat Portland at Portland on turf. If you're basing this comment on Orlando well there are other factors in Orlando that don't occur in New England like humidity, crazy ass rain, and Jason Kreis.
And we've already won at NE this year. (Granted, we played like crap. But they played worse.)

We beat Portland at Portland on turf. If you're basing this comment on Orlando well there are other factors in Orlando that don't occur in New England like humidity, crazy ass rain, and Jason Kreis.
Portland has good turf, though. We struggled the last time we played New England because of the black bead turf. It messes up our passing.

Orlando and New England have the worst playing surfaces in MLS.

Portland has good turf, though. We struggled the last time we played New England because of the black bead turf. It messes up our passing.
I didn't go back and watch it recently, but my recollection is that we actually passed the ball pretty well in New England, particularly playing some really nice stuff in the midfield in the first half.

We had 85% passing completion as an entire team, which is very high, and the midfielders all had marks above that. Passing stats are imperfect to be sure, but that at least squares with my (fading) memory.

https://www.whoscored.com/Matches/1...-Soccer-2016-New-England-Rev-New-York-City-FC

None of which is to say that the turf isn't garbage up there, but, on the whole, I don't think it actually affected is in the most recent match at least.

Some thought's on this weekend's match. NE is a pretty interesting team tactically, though they have really struggled this year. While there is probably no away match in MLS where you can truly expect a win, this is probably the one where we have the best odds out of the three remaining road matches. Hope to see some of you up there.

Reactions: Hobo and Kjbert
NE put in a new surface some time this year. idk if we played on it yet.

Some thought's on this weekend's match. NE is a pretty interesting team tactically, though they have really struggled this year. While there is probably no away match in MLS where you can truly expect a win, this is probably the one where we have the best odds out of the three remaining road matches. Hope to see some of you up there.

I think we have a very, very good chance of winning at Houston.

Houston is not very good .

The ball bounces differently at Gilette than it does everywhere else in the league.

I think we have a very, very good chance of winning at Houston.
I think we have a chance, but, even though they are not a good team, they have only lost twice at home all year (to LA early and Dallas last week), so it is hard to feel that good about our chances. This league is crazy. Even the crap teams win/draw 70%+ of the time at home. It is good for parity and home attendance, I suppose, but I personally would prefer if the home field advantage wasn't quite so pronounced.

Reactions: Kjbert
From games i've seen so far this year, the Gillette turf seems pretty good compared to other turfs in the league. The turf won't be any more of an issue than it is anywhere else.

As of this year's installation, Gillette now has FieldTurf Revolution 360. This is the same thing Seattle upgraded to in February, ahead of the Sounders' season, and Portland did the same.

Last year, there was discussion/speculation that New England's turf was somehow worse than Portland/Seattle. But, as I also pointed out at the time, they were using the same earlier FieldTurf version as Portland/Seattle last season. No one seemed to be able to explain or point out any specific difference as to why Gillette Stadium would be worse than CenturyLink Field or Providence Park

Ref assignment

New England Revolution vs. New York City
Gillette Stadium (8:00 pm ET; MLS LIVE)
REF: JUAN GUZMAN
AR1: Kermit Quisenberry
AR2: Anthony Vasoli
4TH: Geoff Gamble

Well David Villa is friends with Cookie Monster and Rosita, so maybe a couple of offside calls will slip past Kermit.
Except that Rosita is still waiting to play GK. No matter how friendly and cheery she is, a jilted woman-monster will do him no favors.

Status
Not open for further replies.