Barclays Premier League 15/16

Yes I think they tried to have a controlled detonation and discovered there was nothing to detonate. Not sure if there was explosive material poorly constructed, or nothing there at all and just very well designed on the outside to seem real.

The Swans-MCFC result turns out to be a break for the PL and CL as rescheduling the MU game is turning out to be very hard. They play next weekend in the FA cup and there are all sorts of other logistics. The game still has meaning for Europa League but if it could have made the difference in CL qualifying it would have been a potential logistical fiasco. Police were saying no game until at least Wednesday, but maybe with the device being a hoax they will let them play Tuesday which will help. They sort of cannot play Wednesday due to conflict with Europa league final. Thursday is too close to FA final for MU to recover.

Nice to see Tim Howard get a clean sheet on his way out.

Newcastle drubs the Spurs and the NBC people are talking as if it is likely that Rafa will stay with them if the ownership gives him some assurances.

Reactions: Paul
The Palace kit looks sort of like a reverse on classic PSG. Thick blue center strip sandwiched between red.

Also to our despairing Spurs fans. That was a kick in the gut way to end the season but this was still by far the best they've had since I've been watching football (pretty much 20 years ) more reasons to hold your head high than down.

ManU is atrocious!!! That red and blue shades do not work well.

Stoke also is highly questions with baby blue.

Why would Man United ever have a blue kit anyway? A CFG club would never wear a shade of red.

Why would Man United ever have a blue kit anyway? A CFG club would never wear a shade of red.

ManU has worn blue as a change kit on a few occasions over the years -- I think they even won a European Cup wearing blue. 1968 maybe?

Man City had a red and black jersey a couple years ago.

There's a lot of talk that the next MCFC away kit is going to be red and black. In fairness, they won a lot of trophies wearing it, back in the 1960s. It's pretty popular with the fans.

anyone have a preference for the promotion play off ?I'd rather see Sheffield Wednesday up than Hull. Both for nostalgia ,Wednesday were a EPL fixture my first few seasons of watching, and because I'm sick of seeing Hull up down up down at this point.

anyone have a preference for the promotion play off ?I'd rather see Sheffield Wednesday up than Hull. Both for nostalgia ,Wednesday were a EPL fixture my first few seasons of watching, and because I'm sick of seeing Hull up down up down at this point.
Definitely Sheffield Wednesday for me. When I first got into the EPL they were probably two levels down so I wasn't really aware of them. When I first did find out about them their weird name intrigued me, and when I looked it up and found out they were a group of Sheffield gentlemen who played cricket on Wednesdays that sort of did it for me. I was a fan (for definitions of fan that don't actually include following the team, that is).

Reactions: mgarbowski
hull's owner should be made to squirm a little longer for trying to change the club's marketing despite the disapproval of the fans. Although its not fair to the fans, this would be enough to break the deadlock for me. Otherwise I don't really care either way.

The Wednesday every day of the week. Aside from that Assam deserves every bad thing he gets for trying to force that awful name on his club, I always favour the teams which haven't got to the PL before, and if one of them isn't an option (was disappointed when Brighton lost their semi) then I root for the team that hasn't been up for the longest time. Hull are too boring an option, they've had their time in the sun recently. Let the other clubs have a play.