Brooklyn Supporters

I was planning on going to Nevada Smith's, but I thought I'd try to see if there's going to be a decent group somewhere closer to home. I'm open to McMahon's or Highbury Pub (which is right around the corner from my apartment).

Hello. What's good to eat nearby Highbury? Also, any other soccer pubs nearby?

eats near Highbury:
On Cortelyou Rd:
$$$ - Farm on Adderley, kind of pretentious farm to table joint.
$$-Castello Plan - cocktail bites, small-ish portions.
$$- Lea, Italian, portions are decent, not huge though. Not a classic red-sauce joint.
$$-Purple Yam-philippino food. pretty good, good portions.
$$-Mimi's Hummus - good middle eastern food, small seating area.
$-Cinco de Mayo - solid Mexican food.
$-San Remo - pizza, pasta, red-sauce joint.
$-Catskill Bagels - bagels, sandwiches.
$-Café Tibet - Tibetan/Nepalese food
-also theres a new indian and ramen place recently opened on Cortelyou, don't know the names or prices.

On Church Ave (10 min walk north of Highbury):
$$-Wheated - awesome pizza. Individual style, but one will feed you. Great drinks too.
$$-AM Thai - great thai food, well, for an American like me.

Also on Beverley and Coney Island Ave, theres a good Pakistani take out place called Medina. Up and down Coney Is Ave is a bunch of small Pakistani places as well.

No other soccer pubs nearby that I know of.

Reactions: F1B
How is Highbury? I just moved to the neighborhood a month ago and haven't made it over.

I live up towards Ocean Pkwy and Caton, but it would be cool to have a place close-by to watch games. Never been to Highbury, but it's close enough.

I either watch nyc from home or at ryan's daughter for away days. rd's is a trek obvs from ditmas park, but I love that place. The owner is awesome, loves NYCFC to no end, puts out a great spread of free food, and great drink specials. But one of these days if I'm not able to get to RDs, I might want to check out highbury. Also maybe when EPL season starts up again.

Here's my two cents on Highbury Pub. Drink prices are a little bit higher than I'd like, but they started doing buy backs, so getting every third or fourth drink for free makes up for it. They don't have a kitchen, so the only food for purchase are some meat pies that they can heat up for you and other little snacks like potato chips. I mostly see people bring in food from Jr. Bella's Pizza & Pasta since it's right across the street, but I suppose you could do the same from any of the places COYBIB mentioned above as long as they do take out or delivery.

In terms of atmosphere, I've been pretty impressed for big games (Men's and Women's World Cup, el Clasico, etc). Seating is limited, so just get there like 15 minutes before kickoff and you'll be good. If you show up right at kickoff, you'll probably have to stand. I've never been there for a regular EPL Saturday/Sunday or an NYCFC game, but it's probably less crowded and festive. While the owner is an Arsenal fan, obvioulsy, one of the bartenders is an NYCFC fan and also works with Kaplan as an ESL tutor and was supposedly working with Villa on his English before the season started.