CCL 2018

Announced attendance in Dallas for last night's CCL match 3,319

Sad. I wonder how Dallas promoted it? We know MLS barely does. Do we know the revenue incentives for winning/advancing to the club and league?

Sad. I wonder how Dallas promoted it? We know MLS barely does. Do we know the revenue incentives for winning/advancing to the club and league?
Their website says season ticket holders get tickets to 18 home games -- I think this game was included in the package. If so, that fanbase has become pathetic.

Reactions: adam
Their website says season ticket holders get tickets to 18 home games -- I think this game was included in the package. If so, that fanbase has become pathetic.
They also have the lowest prices across the board for season tickets.

Reactions: Sabo
Did anyone watch the game? It was raining like a monsoon.
I was watching off and on. Dallas has serious problems. Barrios creates some chances and Urruti is finishing after a couple of disaster seasons but so much of what they do flows through Mauro Diaz and he has never fully come back from his injuries -- especially when he started dropping back deeper to get the ball I couldn't stop thinking about how much better Maxi is at the same position. I loved watching Diaz play 3-4 years ago but they did not look like a top tier MLS team last night.

Reactions: Christopher Jee
Red Bulls advance. Felipe wasn't in the 18. Looks like the trade to the whitecaps has legs.

Their stadium is in absurd location. 30 miles outside Dallas.
I didn't realize its that far from Dallas -- so the soccer hall of fame is going to be almost as out of the way as Oneonta was.

It’s a great facility. I mean the stadium may be outdated and how do you not cover the fans in the blazing sun. It the training and practice fields for the academy are insane. They have like 30 full sized fields.

The real problem is the owners, Hunts (who also own KC Chiefs), spend nothing on advertising and probably hate their fans as much as Precourt hates Columbus.

I didn't realize its that far from Dallas -- so the soccer hall of fame is going to be almost as out of the way as Oneonta was.
No. That's overstating it more than a bit. Oneonta is 90 minutes from Albany, 2 hours from Syracuse, and 3.5 hours -- optimistically -- from NYC.
Frisco to Dallas is more like Ann Arbor and Detroit. Frisco is about 30 minutes from Downtown Dallas or DFW. People live in Frisco and commute to Dallas every day. I think the location is more a problem for the club than it will be for the Hall of Fame.

No. That's overstating it more than a bit. Oneonta is 90 minutes from Albany, 2 hours from Syracuse, and 3.5 hours -- optimistically -- from NYC.
Frisco to Dallas is more like Ann Arbor and Detroit. Frisco is about 30 minutes from Downtown Dallas or DFW. People live in Frisco and commute to Dallas every day. I think the location is more a problem for the club than it will be for the Hall of Fame.
I've coached and parented a few soccer tournaments in Oneonta -- it really is in the middle of nowhere.

I'm still really surprised Dallas only drew 3300 for the CCL game when every season ticket holder got a ticket.

I've coached and parented a few soccer tournaments in Oneonta -- it really is in the middle of nowhere.

I'm still really surprised Dallas only drew 3300 for the CCL game when every season ticket holder got a ticket.
Yeah. I drove by the soccer HoF there once by chance coming home a wedding. Really the biggest thing it was somewhat close to was the Baseball HoF in Cooperstown, which is also famously neither close to anything nor on the way to anywhere. So the soccer HoF captured that huge market of tourists who wanted to hit both of those institutions in one trip.

It was designed to be where it was to jockey off of people visiting Cooperstown 25-30 min away, and when it opened in the 70’s the area was something of a hotbed for college soccer. It was never the right place for it though

It was designed to be where it was to jockey off of people visiting Cooperstown 25-30 min away, and when it opened in the 70’s the area was something of a hotbed for college soccer. It was never the right place for it though
My family has a summer/weekend house about 15 minutes outside of Oneonta and I grew up going to all those soccer games for both of those colleges in the '70s. Four hours from New York, and no further away or out of the way than Cooperstown. Nice small city, maybe 15,000 or so (especially when school's in session). Thinking of buying a house there when I decide to quit my job and become a hermit. You're all invited though!

My family has a summer/weekend house about 15 minutes outside of Oneonta and I grew up going to all those soccer games for both of those colleges in the '70s. Four hours from New York, and no further away or out of the way than Cooperstown. Nice small city, maybe 15,000 or so (especially when school's in session). Thinking of buying a house there when I decide to quit my job and become a hermit. You're all invited though!

Graduated from high school in Cooperstown, (CCS is close to CCL so this is still on topic) which at least when I was there was a soccer powerhouse and nothing special at baseball. It’s a wonderful place to retire or get away to, just a bit tough to be working age there in terms of the job market.