Center Back Suggestions

I like DeMichelis. Problem with older foreign players is that sometimes they don't understand the wear and tear of travel in the USA. One day NY, next LA then HOU. It wears on the body. Ask foreign players and they all have the same complaint. He is quality for our league,no doubt. Is he prepared for the long flights. We will see. NYCFC has been sharp to hire Kreis and Reyna. They are aware of these pitfalls and will be prepared, if it's left in their hands.
That's my rant and I'm sticking to it. ~ Y.U.

For a bit of info on Martin Demichelis from the Manchester side, with Joleon Lescott gone, MCFC currently have 3 centre backs, Kompany, Demi and Nastasic(who is still only 21 and suffering from complications to a knee injury at the moment). Our full compliment in this position would be 4, so even if we do sign another centre half, it would be unlikely that MCFC would allow Demi to join NYCFC for at least another season, after that it's possible.

For a bit of info on Martin Demichelis from the Manchester side, with Joleon Lescott gone, MCFC currently have 3 centre backs, Kompany, Demi and Nastasic(who is still only 21 and suffering from complications to a knee injury at the moment). Our full compliment in this position would be 4, so even if we do sign another centre half, it would be unlikely that MCFC would allow Demi to join NYCFC for at least another season, after that it's possible.
Actually as it stands, we have 5. Kompany, Nastasic, Demichelis, Rekik and Boyata (who has just signed a new deal).

Actually as it stands, we have 5. Kompany, Nastasic, Demichelis, Rekik and Boyata (who has just signed a new deal).
Fair point, but Rekik has never played a competitive match at centre half for the senior side and Boyata imo is only there to make up club-trained numbers, can't see him making many more appearances this season than he did last.

Fair point, but Rekik has never played a competitive match at centre half for the senior side and Boyata imo is only there to make up club-trained numbers, can't see him making many more appearances this season than he did last.
I'd tend to agree, but Rekik has been very impressive at PSV and was in the provisional Dutch WC squad. Boyata may as well have been released if he's not going to be used (a space can be counted as club trained).

TBH I can see Rekik going out on loan again, but we are sure to sign a top class centre back in the summer along with Sagna, who is very competent at CB.

For what it's worth, I reckon Demichelis will stay as Pellegrini really fancies him and his experience is so valuable to the younger players at City.

I'd tend to agree, but Rekik has been very impressive at PSV and was in the provisional Dutch WC squad. Boyata may as well have been released if he's not going to be used (a space can be counted as club trained).

TBH I can see Rekik going out on loan again, but we are sure to sign a top class centre back in the summer along with Sagna, who is very competent at CB.

For what it's worth, I reckon Demichelis will stay as Pellegrini really fancies him and his experience is so valuable to the younger players at City.
Yep. Nasty and Rekik could learn a lot from him.