Chivas Usa For Sale, Only $60 Million!

MagnusPax

Registered
May 3, 2014
Steven Goff‏@SoccerInsider
MLS asking $60 million for Chivas USA property. It's a fixer-upper. At least one curious party to meet with league execs.
8:50 AM - 4 Aug 2014

Thats a steal, only $40 million less than NYCFC and it comes with fans (well about 4k of them).

Reactions: einwindir
Is MLS requiring that whoever buys Chivas USA needs to stay in LA / SoCal?
That was the official line that Garber told the media when they announced the sale from the previous owners to MLS earlier in the year.

Plus with the market the size of LA, it really can support 2 teams. As long as the owner cares at all.

Update; some interesting tidbits from this new interview

http://www.insideworldfootball.com/...as-sale-as-talks-on-price-and-stadium-ongoing

"I anticipate in a reasonable period of time we will have a new buyer for that club. We have been looking at USC as a potential site for a stadium. Our focus is on a central LA location. We are not going to publicly negotiate the price but it will be more than was paid by Orlando."

Abbott has left little room for any of the cities currently vying for an expansion bid to take Chivas USA out of LA, eager as these cities are (rumors had emerged that Sacramento FC would jump at the purchase if it was available to them). Nor does it seem likely that Beckham will switch his sights from Miami back to his previous stomping ground LA.

I would rather whoever purchases the to move it to an area of the US that doesn't already have a franchise. Why does LA need two teams when other areas of the country don't even have one?

Reactions: True Blue
According to an article today at sbnation, Chivas USA will be staying in the LA market.

Grant Wahl, who is a pretty damn solid reporter, is saying $100 million and "several" parties interested.....

Should know by September.

Grant Wahl, who is a pretty damn solid reporter, is saying $100 million and "several" parties interested.....

Should know by September.
I used to trust Goff a ton, but I don't know if its MLS moving away from DC United or Goff just became disinterested. I will take Wahl over Goff rumors any day of the week.

Everything is pointing to Chivas staying in LA and rebranding. Pres. Abbott mentioned MLS and Chivas were focusing on playing or building a stadium in downtown LA with USC. Thats good news.

Reactions: Kjbert
So says the guy posting on the 2nd NYC metro club's forum. ;)

NYC and LA are bigger than all other US metros by an order of magnitude.
I've never really been a fan of two teams from one sport in the same city. Wether it be the Dodgers and Angels in LA or the Yankees and Mets in NY. Maybe if Chivas USA had more than 5k fans I'd feel differently. I just feel like there are other cities who would eagerly support a club if it were to move to their city.

Honestly, the only reason in here is to try and get connected with the MLS. I figured that it would be cool to follow a new team from the very beginning.

Reactions: True Blue
LA might be a special case since it is a very spread out Metropolis, in fact I've heard it remarked it's more like four cities then one

So do NYCFC fans think it's better to move Chivas to somewhere like Sacramento or San Antonio or to keep Chivas USA as-is for another season while MLS looks for new LA2 owner?

So do NYCFC fans think it's better to move Chivas to somewhere like Sacramento or San Antonio or to keep Chivas USA as-is for another season while MLS looks for new LA2 owner?
If MLS moves Chivas USA to Sac or SA temporarily then one of those two teams better be the new owners otherwise it completely devalues the entire franchise system.

Im hearing Monster is interested in buying them. They want to have a battle of the energy drink with red bull.

This message was brought to you by sarcasm.

@BehindtheFlock: Rumor "A Crew source says that Chivas has been sold to AEG for 125 mil and they'll move out of SHC but stay in LA." No thank you #LA2