Choreography, Banners, Flags, Etc.

Yeah. It was brought up at the TR meeting over the weekend. Most of it is up in the air right now since we don't have access to YS to see what will work. Additionally, YS is a part of homeland security, so the rules are pretty damn hard to change. Apparently they aren't really into the idea of having flags on poles and the like.

According to TR, the security for the supporter section will be done by the same guys that do the Red Bulls security, so hopefully they'll have an idea of how to work a supporters section.

Yeah. It was brought up at the TR meeting over the weekend. Most of it is up in the air right now since we don't have access to YS to see what will work. Additionally, YS is a part of homeland security, so the rules are pretty damn hard to change. Apparently they aren't really into the idea of having flags on poles and the like.

According to TR, the security for the supporter section will be done by the same guys that do the Red Bulls security, so hopefully they'll have an idea of how to work a supporters section.

Well that doesn't sound promising...

Reactions: doctorhoosier
SFphoto SFphoto: "they" in your third sentence refers to Third Rail?
Who will decide on this? the security team? the yankees management? nycfc management? And until when? Is there any chance to discuss with them and influence the decision?
BTW: Does anyone have any photos of the red bull supporter section during a game (choreographies, flags, etc)?

its up to the club and yankee stadium they're the ones who have the final say on what we can do in regards to smoke, streamers/confetti, flags, banners, etc

SFphoto SFphoto: "they" in your third sentence refers to Third Rail?
Who will decide on this? the security team? the yankees management? nycfc management? And until when? Is there any chance to discuss with them and influence the decision?
BTW: Does anyone have any photos of the red bull supporter section during a game (choreographies, flags, etc)?
Sorry, I was referring to YS/Security/Homeland Security. The SG obviously wants all of those things.

i honestly dont expect much in terms of banners and stuff. Maybe flags thats it. flares/ smoke bombs are probably a big no no in non soccer stadiums/

Reactions: CP_Scouse
Please, please, please....no wave!
is there a reason for no wave, i mean i have seen similar sentiments but always wonder why people dont like it. Though to be fair i mostly see these in national team games.

is there a reason for no wave, i mean i have seen similar sentiments but always wonder why people dont like it. Though to be fair i mostly see these in national team games.
its LAME

agree to disagree then. I would agree there is no need for it during league games ( although in certain leagues i have seen if the game isint that good they do it) but international fixtures is fine in my opinion, which is where i see it mostly.

It can be fun sometimes, but it's pretty much hack like fart jokes nowadays and it distracts from the game. I was at a Yankees game during the summer and thr stadium did it.

It can be fun sometimes, but it's pretty much hack like fart jokes nowadays and it distracts from the game. I was at a Yankees game during the summer and thr stadium did it.
to me its fun unless the audience tries to do it like 8 times a game then its gets lame. I am trying to remember but I went to the chelsea vs psg game, i want to say a section of the audience tried to do it but no one really followed so it stopped a couple of sections in. I cant remember doing it though.
Does it have to happen, no , do i get annoyed if it doesnt, no. I know these things happen at times and sometimes are part of the experience. But in the end well see what type of flares, banners, flags, are allowed in the stadium and take it from there.

Last edited:
Reactions: Spanky Roman
agree to disagree then. I would agree there is no need for it during league games ( although in certain leagues i have seen if the game isint that good they do it) but international fixtures is fine in my opinion, which is where i see it mostly.

Think it was cool way back when it came out in the '80's. Just one of those cliche things. Nothing wrong with liking it. Just a matter of opinion. I tend to the the iceberg in the wave that sits down. lol

zero flares, zero smoke inside the stadium. I think you can count on that given the Homeland Security designation for Yankee Stadium.

As for Choreography, I'd love to see a big Riverdance type production, any appetite for that?

I personally like the wave, and its done at almost every yankee game ive been too. I think it has to be good timing, it should only happen if there is a lull in the action. I do not yet know how it will fit into soccer I admit, so I mean whatever happens happens.